SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from last dec i have prob starting my bike ~ about once a month bike will be unable to start and i will have to push start. the mech say i should change my batt , so i changed my batt but still have the same prob, untill last month my bike sudden lost of power when i was riding so the mech did some test and said my rectifier and coil was spoil , and i change both of them , and last week and ytd i have prob starting my bike again and the mech say is my batt prob -.-ll which i just changed it at jan ~ so izzit possible that my batt is dying again ????

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

from last dec i have prob starting my bike ~ about once a month bike will be unable to start and i will have to push start. the mech say i should change my batt , so i changed my batt but still have the same prob, untill last month my bike sudden lost of power when i was riding so the mech did some test and said my rectifier and coil was spoil , and i change both of them , and last week and ytd i have prob starting my bike again and the mech say is my batt prob -.-ll which i just changed it at jan ~ so izzit possible that my batt is dying again ????

did you get 2nd opinion from another mech?

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

Its recommended wen u change coil and rectifier, u change ur battery as well, did u do tt?

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Its recommended wen u change coil and rectifier, u change ur battery as well, did u do tt?

nope -.- cos i just changed the batt about 2~3months before i change my coil and batt -.- so really my batt is dying ?

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

Funny, isn't the voltage reading supposed to be higher when moving?

Im not dat sure but saw most of the guys voltage reading and almost all is similar...as in when rpm higher...voltage lower...having this same reading since installed the voltmeter 5 mths ago...and so far no issue...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

nope, revo uses a different endcan, i selling my revo endcan.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Just for your info... Saw an abandon cb400 spec3 at Plaza Singapura carpark deck3... Plate no fy2704g or 2740 forget already... I think it a stolen bike and was park there... Showa, brake caliper, light and etc gone... Wah scary man wanna park there... Haiz....

[/font]ride safe to ride again......................:thumb:

Just for your info... Saw an abandon cb400 spec3 at Plaza Singapura carpark deck3... Plate no fy2704g or 2740 forget already... I think it a stolen bike and was park there... Showa, brake caliper, light and etc gone... Wah scary man wanna park there... Haiz....

if u say its a stolen bike and was park there then..shouldnt be afraid what..its not like it got stolen from that carpark..it was stolen somewhere else and brought there..anyway..im sure they have security cameras right..

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

those using voltmeters; can i ask what is the voltage reading on your meter when your are moving?

does it increase when the rpm is higher or decrease? cos i've just changed my set of electrical, battery, rectifier and coil. the reading on my volt meter shows that my voltage is lower when my rpm is higher, im wondering if its my volt meter that is inaccurate or the items replaced are faulty.

thanks a lot.

hey bro, i jsut change my coil, rectifier and battery too. when i on the ignition, it will be ard 11v, when i push start. it will gradually increase to 13 to 13.4v. but when i move off, it will go to 12.8 to 13. did not notice when your rpm is higher, your voltage lower. i will check it out. anyway. bike shop say your voltage is not accurate. it will always drop by 1 v. example. when it is fully charged, your battery suppose to be 14v. but your voltmeter will be reading at 13v.

hey bro, i have the same problem with u. i change my battery. then 1 month later suddenly lost of power. bike shop say coil and rectifier spoil. so i change. and so far no problem. u might want to go other shops.and see if they have the same answer to your questions.

hey bro, i have the same problem with u. i change my battery. then 1 month later suddenly lost of power. bike shop say coil and rectifier spoil. so i change. and so far no problem. u might want to go other shops.and see if they have the same answer to your questions.

I think the bike shop should at least test the charging voltage before ask you to change the battery.

good charging voltage = working coil and rectifier right?

btw, unable to start bike might be due to starter also.

try using a hammer to know the starter.

check already bro. 10v. and my metre swing 2 times. and they even show me a certain voltage for coil and rectifier.

Charging voltage is the voltage when i rev my engine right?

It should be around 13.5v to 14.9v?

So your coil and rectifier were working when you change the battery but they spoil one month later?

[Q]

Hi guys,

I need help. I am riding a PB1.

Problems I am facing -

1. My bike gets heated easily. Sometimes its unbearable. Just changed to Engine ice 2 days ago but still the same. Normal coolant or engine ice,

still the same. And it seems that my coolant like so fast finish like that. this has happened for quite some time actually, 6 months back.

2. My front brakes don’t seem to be efficient. I have to squeeze the lever like ¾. Even after squeezing that much, the front brakes don’t seem to be effective. Just changed brake pads front and rear 2 days ago.

3.Just a little bit of info, met with an accident 3 months back. And only last week manage to send for repair. First, send it to a bikeshop at defu lane. I was a regular customer there but haiz, everything turns out not to my expectation. Last thurs, send it to unique, much better. Tailboard all done up, workmanship very good. Spend $599 for everything but then, I experience problem 1 and 2 which is stated above.

in short, whats wrong with the heat and the front brakes ?

Hope to get some help here. Thnks in advance =))

[Q]

Hi guys,

I need help. I am riding a PB1.

Problems I am facing -

1. My bike gets heated easily. Sometimes its unbearable. Just changed to Engine ice 2 days ago but still the same. Normal coolant or engine ice,

still the same. And it seems that my coolant like so fast finish like that. this has happened for quite some time actually, 6 months back.

2. My front brakes don’t seem to be efficient. I have to squeeze the lever like ¾. Even after squeezing that much, the front brakes don’t seem to be effective. Just changed brake pads front and rear 2 days ago.

3.Just a little bit of info, met with an accident 3 months back. And only last week manage to send for repair. First, send it to a bikeshop at defu lane. I was a regular customer there but haiz, everything turns out not to my expectation. Last thurs, send it to unique, much better. Tailboard all done up, workmanship very good. Spend $599 for everything but then, I experience problem 1 and 2 which is stated above.

in short, whats wrong with the heat and the front brakes ?

Hope to get some help here. Thnks in advance =))

1) does d fan turn on wen its hot??

2) u might have to bleed ur brakes or u might just wanna change to steel braided hoses

- Yamaha FZ150I

-Yamaha FZ150I

hello bros, i'm in the worst case scenario now.. i'v lost my spec3 key.

anyone out there know what i can do? if my bikeshop dun have spare key TOO

U might hav to change ignition. Hiss cannot duplicate jus lik tt i tink??

- Yamaha FZ150I

-Yamaha FZ150I

hello bros, i'm in the worst case scenario now.. i'v lost my spec3 key.

anyone out there know what i can do? if my bikeshop dun have spare key TOO

There's nothing much you can do except change the whole ignition system like what bro pyro said.

Happen to me but my key chip spoilt and no spare so lan lan change the whole ignition system for $700 (2nd hand)