SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha Spark135

Man V.1

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FTW

• duo

• eddictive

• Lim Ah Wan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leman, zamzion, duo, get ready the stuff. We are gonna liverpool him.
He will never walk alone. :lol:

got a question...

i change a to a new brake disc and i found out that the disc is rubbing against the brake pad it that normal ???

TIA.....

If it is slightly rubbing then it is nothing to worry about. If you are so anal about doing it the right way I can share with all of you. It will involve alot of work. None of the bikeshops that you patronize will do it. If there is please give me their shop name. :cool:

The proper and detailed way when changing a pair of brake pad is that after removing your old brake pads and before inserting a new pair you must service your calipers. Make sure the pistons are moving in a synchronized manner. Remove any debris. Check for any leaks. Next you should check your rotors. Make sure it is still within the safe thickness. Otherwise you should replace it for your own safety. If it is still thick and safe for usage you should resurface the rotors. Get it nice and even. Next get some brake cleaner and clean the rotors. Finally install your new pads onto the calipers. Press your brakes a few times. This is only the first part. Next is you have to properly bed in the brake pads as you would with anything new. Just like your piston and block. Different compound of brake pad have different bedding in method. This one you go search yourself. Actually the rule of thumb is to replace your rotors with every brake pad change. Reason being that different pads will wear off your rotors differently. Being economical we hardly change our rotors as we would our brake pads. So tell me have any shop done this when they change the brake pads? :cool:

Where got disappear? got question ask ony waat...
Now say never disappear. Sooner or later sure disappear. Someone on this very page have been doing the same stunt. I will not say who. :cool:

He told me that dude bought it. so yeaaa
Wow. So if I tell you I have a Ferrari F50 you would believe me too? :cool:

At least must have pictures. :thumb:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fZt-VEieWNs/S6Bo3K1IGBI/AAAAAAAAAIk/aoh4wQBRon4/s400/npnt5ma.jpg

Or even better got video. :cool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipELYRD78yY

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

If it is slightly rubbing then it is nothing to worry about. If you are so anal about doing it the right way I can share with all of you. It will involve alot of work. None of the bikeshops that you patronize will do it. If there is please give me their shop name. :cool:

The proper and detailed way when changing a pair of brake pad is that after removing your old brake pads and before inserting a new pair you must service your calipers. Make sure the pistons are moving in a synchronized manner. Remove any debris. Check for any leaks. Next you should check your rotors. Make sure it is still within the safe thickness. Otherwise you should replace it for your own safety. If it is still thick and safe for usage you should resurface the rotors. Get it nice and even. Next get some brake cleaner and clean the rotors. Finally install your new pads onto the calipers. Press your brakes a few times. This is only the first part. Next is you have to properly bed in the brake pads as you would with anything new. Just like your piston and block. Different compound of brake pad have different bedding in method. This one you go search yourself. Actually the rule of thumb is to replace your rotors with every brake pad change. Reason being that different pads will wear off your rotors differently. Being economical we hardly change our rotors as we would our brake pads. So tell me have any shop done this when they change the brake pads? :cool:

Guru approved.

No, it shouldn't be although in some cases the installation wasn't done properly causing misalignment.

thank you gurus.....

nvm i ride a few days first dan c got improvement anot .....

Edited by sparkz83

It's available? Wonder why the shops are not posting advertisements about it, think about it. At least i know that Two Brothers has a pipe for our bike overseas.

hmmm true2... didn't know asking about something can spark off comments until so raabak...

Evening beros spankers... :) Guys wanna ask sumtink can? Easy answer needed not to worry ahaha! Say i change my eo past 2k mileage say 2.5k,is it ok anot? Using motul 300v btw.. Tankiuk beros.. :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Ayirock/spankers/1234.png

Evening beros spankers... :) Guys wanna ask sumtink can? Easy answer needed not to worry ahaha! Say i change my eo past 2k mileage say 2.5k,is it ok anot? Using motul 300v btw.. Tankiuk beros.. :)

Some do it every 2 weeks, what do you think? :o

one of my friend riding spark 135. his bike is 6years plus. he is using Motul 300V and change every 10,000km but need to top up here and there. he is riding 120-130km/h average. no oil related failure so far.

one of my friend riding spark 135. his bike is 6years plus. he is using Motul 300V and change every 10,000km but need to top up here and there. he is riding 120-130km/h average. no oil related failure so far.

That, is just too risky IMO.

Good for your friend. As you said he needs to top up here and there. For me I would rather spend a bit more on EO than to spend more on internal parts. But that is just me. Whatever floats your boat. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

hi all, i've seen many sparks with racing footrest. wanna change my footrest to racing footrest. however wanna get some advise from fellow Spankers,

Where you all did your footrest at? JB? looking to do at JB but not sure at which shop with good workmanship.

also, to those who had not done rear disc conversion, how did you manage to salvage the rear drum efficiency.

Recently changed my front brake hose to steel brake line for greater front braking, thus use little of rear (unless emergency).

Looking forward to bro Spankers advise and suggestions.

THanks a million :)

â™  Living life fast throttleâ™ 

◕‿◕

uncle ehk.. meh meh.. u are so gonna get it tis sunday bro.. hehe..

joss stick, dolls, jerseys all stocked up bro... standby mode..

cim?? cof?? creampie?? or eddictive's fav, cum on glasses??

Omg I'm in trouble...

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs19/300W/i/2007/287/f/b/Bleach__Hollow_Fury_Ichigo_by_Duroth.jpg

hi all, i've seen many sparks with racing footrest. wanna change my footrest to racing footrest. however wanna get some advise from fellow Spankers,

Where you all did your footrest at? JB? looking to do at JB but not sure at which shop with good workmanship.

also, to those who had not done rear disc conversion, how did you manage to salvage the rear drum efficiency.

Recently changed my front brake hose to steel brake line for greater front braking, thus use little of rear (unless emergency).

Looking forward to bro Spankers advise and suggestions.

THanks a million :)

most of us are still on stock mode. That includes the footrest. :cool:

KRGT-1

Use rjay black. Very effective. ;)

really ??? where to buy ???

oh spark engine so lasting ....

most of us are still on stock mode. That includes the footrest.

well, likewise i run on stock footrest. and i want to change to racing footrest just for the look, i'm running on stock and travel at 80-90km/h all the time. thus braking i can rely on my front as i changed to steel brake hose.

just asking fellow spankers where is a good place to change racing footrest at.

and also on those running on rear drum brake/racing footrest, the reviews.

â™  Living life fast throttleâ™ 

◕‿◕