SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

sin min ruling is a disgrace

rrr

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hai.. where is the justice..

my sigg like that can or not huh

..12k fine become 2k kopi money liao =(

He added that Lim was also on her cellphone while driving.

A witness had testified that she saw Lim with her left hand to the side of her face, and that Lim was holding her cellphone when she emerged from her car after the crash and made a call.

The witness called the police at 3.48pm. Telephone records show that Lim called her son at home at around that time.

Lim denied beating the lights and using a phone. She claimed she had raised her hand to her cheek as she was in a state of shock.

She also denied being in a hurry, but DPP Ng said Lim had told the court she had a spa appointment at Raffles Town Club at 3.45pm.

She was, therefore, probably concerned about being late.

..this really takes the cake..can argue until black become white :faint:

Edited by areal

baby, u're my love..

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/curtailed_cat/DSC_0725_650.jpg

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

Hi all, i think we shd be more subjective in the comments. Emotional words are not going to help. if anyone could contribute in terms of other technical / legal aspects to xxxRatedxxx's research, it will be even better.

Hi all

I agree with bro thepole. let's keep this civil, which means no vulgarities attached and also be mindful of political statements. To get so many in 1 day is fantastic! great idea by bro jackohjack attaching the link to signature! i'm not too sure how many ppl is enough but this forum alone is abt a few thousand members!

also thanks to ppl who have pm me personally to assist, i'm not sure but i think i'll need help to draft the letter and also vet letter b4 sending! if there are facts that need to be updated pls let me know s well. in the meantime keep safe!

flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

You've got my name on the list too, brother!

I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

However am i the only one who thinks this is all for nothing when the law does not protect motorcylists? I am referring to the infamous sin min editor who had her sentence reduced to 1 day's jail for killing a pillion rider and permanently maiming the rider. what kind of a message does that send out? that our lives are not worth protecting? if i did not read incorrectly it also does not mention if her 10 year ban from driving was upheld. so does this mean she's free to drive again? and is SPH still employing her, a dangerous and reckless driver?

I would like to write in to the media with some support from bikers here, for those who have lost friends and relatives to drivers like this and also to highlight the injustice in this case.i am sick and tired of being at the mercy of these road killers. kindly attached your names below. thank you.

1. Roy Lim

2. Derick Tay (helped a biker who kanna hit and run, to date, the driver have yet to be caught)

3. Darren Soh (juz wana show my support)

4. Bernardk (i dun see justice at all too)

5. Andy Li

6. Redzuan (Where's the equality)

7. Patrick ( Its time we voice out)

8. Isaac Ng (Kena hit & run 2008 feb at hougang)

9. JackOHJack - Jackson (If rich fug on bike and van driver "careless", sure driver kenna!)

10. Zongren (Its unfair to the rider, if the rider was a goldwing rider and a lawyer. the SPH lady probably would have been a bankrupt)

11. Chen Yang (They should have told her to take her appeal and shove it)

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

15. Kenneth Cheok (If the m'cyclist was an expatriate on a Ducati, the outcome would have been very much different)

16.AJ(ahh...who gives a fuk about my real name..and i don't give a fuk about the law)

17. Suan Heng (Please request for the Judge's deliberation document to be released in full and posted in a thread on SBF so that bikers can come to a judgement themselves)

18. Ree ( you think you run over a cat/dog huh?!, who knows rider feed the whole family for a living..)

19. Debbie Boey (I hate kayu female drivers, dunno where they wana go, what they wana do and when they wana do it.)

20. Warren Tuan

21. Chris Chua (The first accident i saw was the one on PIE, where a drunkard ran onto the expressway, and in the end caused the death of a rider.. we are already so vulnerable, yet so exploited...)

22. Mervyn Lee (Its time our collective voices ring loud and clear in all corners of our island)

23) Asy'ari (Support the cause)

24) Steven Tan ( V For Vendetta)

25) Alan Tay ( are the authorities doing their best to protect everyone??? )

26) Andrew Ang (farking hell...1 day jail n $2000 fine..telling drivers tat causing death by negligience not serious?)

27) Gurcharan Singh (her F...ing recklesness, a fellow rider dies, and sentence is lighter then ill treating a cat)

28) Jordan ho ( its like saying all rich people/white horses serve 1 day NS and we all LLST?)

29) Jason Lim (Does a motorcyclist's/pillion's life worth so little?)

30) Yuan (does she have something with the judge?)

31) Clarence Lye (is this gonna work?)

32) Vincent Wong (Ya damn unfair..hopfully the dead haunt her..Rich so wat???a life leh)

33) Allen Yu (if its a PAP minister gena hit...guess wats the outcome??)

34) Austin Lim

35) Elton Ng (IF is the $ that makes the world round then can we all here chip in $ to hire the best lawyer to return justice?)

36) Luke Ng (If the old man who was hit was Lee Kwan Yew, and the woman kill was MM's grand daughter, you think she kena Max sentence or not. By the way Telecom records showed that she (The driver) was calling her son around the time of the accident)

37) Jenson Lim (Being a new rider and benefiting from the forums here, I strongly felt there is a need to reassess this case...justice for all...)

38) Adi Suffian (i really think her 1 day in jail is not in a cell but in some cosier place for her to clock her day)

39) Joe Huang

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

something to note, let's gather on sept 11.

Editor jailed 18 months for fatal crash

By Khushwant Singh

* Edited to highlight salient points*

Mr Pattiselanno, 70, had stopped along Dunearn Road to wait for the lights to change before proceeding to buy festive goodies.

When he tried to move forward, his motorbike was hit by Lim's Toyota Wish multi-purpose vehicle.

(Mdm Lim obviously did not even notice a STATIONARY object)

The witness called the police at 3.48pm. Telephone records show that Lim called her son at home at around that time.

Lim denied beating the lights and using a phone. She claimed she had raised her hand to her cheek as she was in a state of shock.

(then, who made the call in or about 3.48pm since she is holding up her hand to cheek at that time?)

She also denied being in a hurry, but DPP Ng said Lim had told the court she had a spa appointment at Raffles Town Club at 3.45pm.

She was, therefore, probably concerned about being late.

Hmm. Obviously the district court has induced more useful evidence than Justice Choo has been stating that her culpability is only in "failure to keep a proper lookout"?

Edited by ThePole

HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

However am i the only one who thinks this is all for nothing when the law does not protect motorcylists? I am referring to the infamous sin min editor who had her sentence reduced to 1 day's jail for killing a pillion rider and permanently maiming the rider. what kind of a message does that send out? that our lives are not worth protecting? if i did not read incorrectly it also does not mention if her 10 year ban from driving was upheld. so does this mean she's free to drive again? and is SPH still employing her, a dangerous and reckless driver?

I would like to write in to the media with some support from bikers here, for those who have lost friends and relatives to drivers like this and also to highlight the injustice in this case.i am sick and tired of being at the mercy of these road killers. kindly attached your names below. thank you.

1. Roy Lim

2. Derick Tay (helped a biker who kanna hit and run, to date, the driver have yet to be caught)

5. Andy Li

9. JackOHJack - Jackson (If rich fug on bike and van driver "careless", sure driver kenna!)

10. Zongren (Its unfair to the rider, if the rider was a goldwing rider and a lawyer. the SPH lady probably would have been a bankrupt)

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

15. Kenneth Cheok (If the m'cyclist was an expatriate on a Ducati, the outcome would have been very much different)

16.AJ(ahh...who gives a fuk about my real name..and i don't give a fuk about the law)

17. Suan Heng (Please request for the Judge's deliberation document to be released in full and posted in a thread on SBF so that bikers can come to a judgement themselves)

18. Ree ( you think you run over a cat/dog huh?!, who knows rider feed the whole family for a living..)

19. Debbie Boey (I hate kayu female drivers, dunno where they wana go, what they wana do and when they wana do it.)

20. Warren Tuan

21. Chris Chua (The first accident i saw was the one on PIE, where a drunkard ran onto the expressway, and in the end caused the death of a rider.. we are already so vulnerable, yet so exploited...)

22. Mervyn Lee (Its time our collective voices ring loud and clear in all corners of our island)

26) Andrew Ang (farking hell...1 day jail n $2000 fine..telling drivers tat causing death by negligience not serious?)

27) Gurcharan Singh (her F...ing recklesness, a fellow rider dies, and sentence is lighter then ill treating a cat)

28) Jordan ho ( its like saying all rich people/white horses serve 1 day NS and we all LLST?)

32) Vincent Wong (Ya damn unfair..hopfully the dead haunt her..Rich so wat???a life leh)

34) Austin Lim

35) Elton Ng (IF is the $ that makes the world round then can we all here chip in $ to hire the best lawyer to return justice?)

36) Luke Ng (If the old man who was hit was Lee Kwan Yew, and the woman kill was MM's grand daughter, you think she kena Max sentence or not. By the way Telecom records showed that she (The driver) was calling her son around the time of the accident)

37) Jenson Lim (Being a new rider and benefiting from the forums here, I strongly felt there is a need to reassess this case...justice for all...)

38) Adi Suffian (i really think her 1 day in jail is not in a cell but in some cosier place for her to clock her day)

39) Joe Huang

40)Han (There's ought to be more justice than a 1 day wayang jail term!)

Hi all, i think we shd be more subjective in the comments. Emotional words are not going to help. if anyone could contribute in terms of other technical / legal aspects to xxxRatedxxx's research, it will be even better.

Yes Pole... do u notice why i'm not on the list?? I would like to find out the TRUTH first behind what really happened before passing judgment.

Not saying what she did was not wrong, more of a case of plain suay... chose to zone out/on handphone/etc.... at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tmr i bringing my investigation to the junction itself... i shall go down and take some pictures and upload it to let all you fellow forum-ers see and judge for yourselves.

Till then... let us ride safe. Be safe. And stay alive!

It would have been a different story altogether if that was a minister's son or something like that.Something is not right somewhere.We can't blame the lawyer too.His job is to protect his client and then money back in return so why should he even care for a life that has perished??He's not a rider and therefore he don't feel what we felt.It's only $ that interests him.They seriously need to review this.

1 day jailterm and $2k fine for a life??Is the judge STUPID or what??What if it was his daughter on the bike??You get my support!

Yamaha TZM 150

Suzuki DRZ 400

Honda CB 400

Yamaha FZ 1

Yamaha TDM 900

Triumph Tiger 800

Smoother than a twin and more characterful than a four and not forgetting that lovely whistly fruity soundtrack:thumb:

It would have been a different story altogether if that was a minister's son or something like that.Something is not right somewhere.We can't blame the lawyer too.His job is to protect his client and then money back in return so why should he even care for a life that has perished??He's not a rider and therefore he don't feel what we felt.It's only $ that interests him.They seriously need to review this.

1 day jailterm and $2k fine for a life??Is the judge STUPID or what??What if it was his daughter on the bike??You get my support!

Yes.. i agree with u on that? What if its your own family members on that bike?? Then Bang die how???

But pls ah no hantam govt what minister son all ah.... i know they can be one kind but no link here... :cheeky::cheeky:

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

34) Austin Lim

39) Joe Huang

41)Iswandy (What if it was the judge's daughter??You think he would have handed down the same sentence?!)

Rules are rules.Laws are laws BUT are the authorities heartless or what?!

Yamaha TZM 150

Suzuki DRZ 400

Honda CB 400

Yamaha FZ 1

Yamaha TDM 900

Triumph Tiger 800

Smoother than a twin and more characterful than a four and not forgetting that lovely whistly fruity soundtrack:thumb:

A flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

34) Austin Lim

39) Joe Huang

41)Iswandy (What if it was the judge's daughter??You think he would have handed down the same sentence?!)

42) Seah Meng Hwee (I don't think a 1-day jail and her "10 year ban from driving was upheld" is justifiable for the accident she had caused and the life lost. You mean to say our lives is just worth "a day's jail"?? Since she cannot handle a vehicle well, she should be banned from driving/riding of ALL classes for LIFE!!!)

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

A flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

26) Muhammad Azman

KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PDF FILE and a PEDOPHILE

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

32) Yan MN (notice the power that be are more linient to society elites?remember kidney trading?remember the mediacorp artistes?chey...shame on you all!)

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

Tat the prob u c.....

it nt reari the authorities are heartless.....

but wat i can say is the snobbishness of spore drivers!!!!!

Yes there are good drivers are there....

but there are some tat reari ....

stop the bike....

stop his car...

get down from bike....

open the damn door ....

pull him out & whack....

for ladies pull her out &.....

(joking lol)

nonetheless....

seriously.....

on a serious tone.....

spore drivers should reari learnt some better driving eqtititue

terrible terrible.....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

32) Yan MN (notice the power that be are more linient to society elites?remember kidney trading?remember the mediacorp artistes?chey...shame on you all!)

33) Azman (Prove to the society that justice in singapore is indeed blind. Prove to us that there is still hope left for the mortal people of this country and prove to us that it is not the social standing nor the position of the person in the stand but just another human being facing his/her punishment for causing a life lost thus sentence him/her wisely. Else indeed speculations are correct and don't you dare accuse us of heresy everytime we make this statement.)

read in the papers dat the garung guni man who threatened an MP got 6mths jail term.

WHERE IS THE JUSTICE????

u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive :angel:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/gwzc_mk2/IMG_4576-1.jpg

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

34) Austin Lim

39) Joe Huang

42) Seah Meng Hwee (I don't think a 1-day jail and her "10 year ban from driving was upheld" is justifiable for the accident she had caused and the life lost. You mean to say our lives is just worth "a day's jail"?? Since she cannot handle a vehicle well, she should be banned from driving/riding of ALL classes for LIFE!!!)

43) Azman (Prove to the society that justice in singapore is indeed blind. Prove to us that there is still hope left for the mortal people of this country and prove to us that it is not the social standing nor the position of the person in the stand but just another human being facing his/her punishment for causing a life lost thus sentence him/her wisely. Else indeed speculations are correct and don't you dare accuse us of heresy everytime we make this statement.)

44) Yan MN (notice the power that be are more linient to society elites?remember kidney trading?remember the mediacorp artistes?chey...shame on you all!)

45) Muhammad Azman

guys may i seek ur cooperation here?

very glad to see the biker community rallying together in the name of justice. just a simple note here. for those who wish to insert their name and show their support, kindly refresh the page first, then copy and paste, then insert ur name.

realised that some names have been left out due to "incorrect copying and pasting". jackohjack has really taken a huge step here. lets not make it difficult for him, and for the rest of us here. lets make our efforts count! :cheers:

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

34) Austin Lim

39) Joe Huang

43) Azman (Prove to the society that justice in singapore is indeed blind. Prove to us that there is still hope left for the mortal people of this country and prove to us that it is not the social standing nor the position of the person in the stand but just another human being facing his/her punishment for causing a life lost thus sentence him/her wisely. Else indeed speculations are correct and don't you dare accuse us of heresy everytime we make this statement.)

44) Yan MN (notice the power that be are more linient to society elites?remember kidney trading?remember the mediacorp artistes?chey...shame on you all!)

45) Muhammad Azman

46) Derek

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

34) Austin Lim

39) Joe Huang

45) Muhammad Azman

46) Derek

47) DannyII (was green light for me to continue to cross the junction, theres this china cyclist cross when is red man and in order to siam him i jam brake and skidded, he say that in china we always cross like that and vehicles will stop for us. DAMAGES: 1)Bike(SP) condition jiat lat, 2)Abrassion on me everywhere and only pay me $5.

Yes Pole... do u notice why i'm not on the list?? I would like to find out the TRUTH first behind what really happened before passing judgment.

Not saying what she did was not wrong, more of a case of plain suay... chose to zone out/on handphone/etc.... at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tmr i bringing my investigation to the junction itself... i shall go down and take some pictures and upload it to let all you fellow forum-ers see and judge for yourselves.

Till then... let us ride safe. Be safe. And stay alive!

of course, you must know the truth before passing judgement, but since it's from the national newspaper, the whole news report must be facts. and after reading between the lines, no need to investigate anymore. stamp chop bullshyt already.

point 1: judge can make amendments and last minute change. obviously, a judge go through so many trainings and cases that they know the law like the back of their hand. for a judge to make a wrong statement, it's clear that he might be setting a path so that he can supposedly set it right. means he fined her heavily but give her 1 day jail term to make it fair. but by doing that, he can change the fine to nothing by default just by admitting it was a judgement mistake.

point 2: why must he fined her heavily and jail 1 day instead? when he can just fined her so much more and not give her any jail term. because the public will surely be hopping mad if the fine resulted to none by default and she gets away scot free for that charge. so must show that she will get a form of punishment. if a slap on the wrist is allowed, i think that might have been preferred instead.

point 3: the court refuses to acknowledge the 3rd hearing due on 11 sept with regards to the hp incident. clearly, that hearing may only means that the hp incident was a case strong enough to warrant a hearing on its own. by putting the hp incident into this case, the court can investigate further if the hp case directly cause her to lose concentration on the road causing her to get involved in an accident. by not putting this point into great consideration, it's not a surprise on who are on her side. like they say, if you hear no evil means there's no evil.

point 4: for her to declare that she will donate the $10,000 to charity instead is the typical singapore govt response. trying to correct one wrong with another right. rather than solving the problem from the heart. common sense will say that the deceased family deserved that $10,000 than any other charity in the world. but no! she must use the template "i donate to the charity and so i'm telling the world that i'm a nice person" instead without putting the situation in context instead.

point 5: a strong witness was there to tell the story of what had actually happened. but nothing more was taken from that witness. instead, another witness magically came up, declaring that the driver was driving at a constant speed. basically, 1 new witness was 'created' to negate the existing witness. i've read too many thriller books. but it's anybody's guess on the credibility of this sudden witness's existence. stained witness or not. it's all up to you guys to speculate. maybe he's paid or maybe he's forced to give false statement. but as i've strongly suggested, these are just my deductions and not any accusations. all these books must have brainwashed my brains real bad.

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

32) Jerrick Chew ( Sentence is even lighter than stealing, and right now you are really stealing a life. HARSHER PLS )

- Undertail exhaust. It was not the Ducati 916 (as may people think) that was the first production bike with such a design, but the NR750.

- Single-side swingarm. Actually, this was not a new concept on the NR750. But it was not a new concept on the Ducati 916 (again, as many people think) either! The RC30 race bike and 1988 Honda Hawk GT Had it!

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

20. Warren Tuan

32) Armofpeace (anything for a good cause and also for all of the bikers here in Singapore)

:cool: