SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

sin min ruling is a disgrace

rrr

I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

However am i the only one who thinks this is all for nothing when the law does not protect motorcylists? I am referring to the infamous sin min editor who had her sentence reduced to 1 day's jail for killing a pillion rider and permanently maiming the rider. what kind of a message does that send out? that our lives are not worth protecting? if i did not read incorrectly it also does not mention if her 10 year ban from driving was upheld. so does this mean she's free to drive again? and is SPH still employing her, a dangerous and reckless driver?

I would like to write in to the media with some support from bikers here, for those who have lost friends and relatives to drivers like this and also to highlight the injustice in this case.i am sick and tired of being at the mercy of these road killers. kindly attached your names below. thank you.

1. Roy Lim

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any similar relatings to any accidents like hers.. But Im behind you :thumb:

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

I hope those who feel strongly about this should put their names down to my first post, if there is enough support i will email this to all the relevant media(if someone can craft a better letter pls help!). thanks in advance n ride safe everyone!

Bro.. How to put my name on ur 1st post?? :cheeky: sorry i noob leh...

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Bro.. How to put my name on ur 1st post?? :cheeky: sorry i noob leh...

Copy and post bro!

I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

However am i the only one who thinks this is all for nothing when the law does not protect motorcylists? I am referring to the infamous sin min editor who had her sentence reduced to 1 day's jail for killing a pillion rider and permanently maiming the rider. what kind of a message does that send out? that our lives are not worth protecting? if i did not read incorrectly it also does not mention if her 10 year ban from driving was upheld. so does this mean she's free to drive again? and is SPH still employing her, a dangerous and reckless driver?

I would like to write in to the media with some support from bikers here, for those who have lost friends and relatives to drivers like this and also to highlight the injustice in this case.i am sick and tired of being at the mercy of these road killers. kindly attached your names below. thank you.

1. Roy Lim

1. Roy Lim

2. Derick Tay (helped a biker who kanna hit and run, to date, the driver have yet to be caught)

u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive :angel:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/gwzc_mk2/IMG_4576-1.jpg

've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

1. Roy Lim

2. Derick Tay (helped a biker who kanna hit and run, to date, the driver have yet to be caught)

3. Darren Soh (juz wana show my support)

1. Roy Lim

4. Bernardk (i dun see justice at all to)

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

6. Redzuan (Where's the equality)

Dear TS, although I'm utterly impressed with your fervour to uphold the rights of all road users, I think you'll mostly be ignored by your current route for justice. I'd greatly suggest that you post it in Stomp instead. It will create more awareness and naturally generate more impact as your magnitude is amplified. Link the stomp page here for convenience. Then write to the authorities. But you must remember to be subjective. Refrain from stereotyping which will tremendously impair your credibility.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

7. Patrick ( Its time we voice out)

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

8. Isaac Ng (Kena hit & run 2008 feb at hougang)

FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)

FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)

FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)

FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)

FG7***E RXZ (RIP)

FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)

FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

9. JackOHJack - Jackson (If rich fug on bike and van driver "careless", sure driver kenna!)

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

Dear TS, although I'm utterly impressed with your fervour to uphold the rights of all road users, I think you'll mostly be ignored by your current route for justice. I'd greatly suggest that you post it in Stomp instead. It will create more awareness and naturally generate more impact as your magnitude is amplified. Link the stomp page here for convenience. Then write to the authorities. But you must remember to be subjective. Refrain from stereotyping which will tremendously impair your credibility.

but stomp is a side line from SPH. would they publish it?

assuming they would, more could be done. i think go and set up an online petition as well and then spread the words to the various forums in singapore to gain more support. i am sure not only bikers are unhappy with the decision.

肥仔七åƒå·

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

9. JackOHJack - Jackson (If rich fug on bike and van driver "careless", sure driver kenna!)

10. Zongren (Its unfair to the rider, if the rider was a goldwing rider and a lawyer. the SPH lady probably would have been a bankrupt)

There is no replacement for displacement, except for Ah Seng

:angel:

Thanks to the ppl who have supported!

I agree this may not get much exposure if we do not pass the word around. Pls help this online petition going by linking to ALL forums that you guys visit. That way we can get more 'signatures' on board. the objective is clear; help to highlight the inconsistency in justice and to make the roads safe for all.

I remember a similar case last year regarding a car driver who test drove n killed the sales lady on board. after that he went online to ask opinion for another sports car n that got the forumers angry n messages went to the press. I'm not sure but he got a lifeban from driving. Isn't this better justice?

1. Roy Lim

4. Bernardk (i dun see justice at all too)

5. Andy Li

10. Zongren (Its unfair to the rider, if the rider was a goldwing rider and a lawyer. the SPH lady probably would have been a bankrupt)

11. Chen Yang (They should have told her to take her appeal and shove it)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/4050024477_774d601ff9_b.jpg

Thanks to the ppl who have supported!

I agree this may not get much exposure if we do not pass the word around. Pls help this online petition going by linking to ALL forums that you guys visit. That way we can get more 'signatures' on board. the objective is clear; help to highlight the inconsistency in justice and to make the roads safe for all.

I remember a similar case last year regarding a car driver who test drove n killed the sales lady on board. after that he went online to ask opinion for another sports car n that got the forumers angry n messages went to the press. I'm not sure but he got a lifeban from driving. Isn't this better justice?

If we paste this link to other forum, most likely we will be ban for spamming and secondly, people need to register an account then can post. So most likely response gonna be poor.

Try these type of Online petition. People just type an email/name then can air their view and comment. Usually it will works better.

肥仔七åƒå·

A flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

You've got my name on the list too, brother!

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Thanks bros keep the names coming. meantime i managed to find only this as a comparison

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144051&highlight=test+drive+crash

In both cases the drivers were banned for 3 years although they received lesser fines. even then is this the protection that the law gives? where is the accountability for road deaths?

i urge ppl to keep this civil and let's make ourselves heard.

A flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jail & $2000 fine for pillion death!!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

1. Roy Lim

5. Andy Li

12. Nelson Chua

13. Shawn Tai

14. Elizabeth Tay

baby, u're my love..

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/curtailed_cat/DSC_0725_650.jpg

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898