SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

FU plate and repair cost $700+ i rather scrap the bike and find another phantom... cheaper...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys I need some advice, this afternoon when I ride my bike, my bike seems have some problem moving. When the bike cruise normally at 80km/h the bike will start to cough and when I pull the throttle the engine won't rev as if the fuel being choke up. When I collect my bike 2 weeks ago, the bike shop have clean my carb. What other problem might be. I have being stalling my when whenever I curise. It's only when I stop the bike for 15min than it will start again but only for a few min once I cruise it started again. Anyone know what is the cause thanks. I need to fix it fast cause I need to use it tomorrow and I seriously doubt if I push my bike to the bike shop they would sure chop me cause they have done it when I buy the ta200 from them.

Might sound a bit stupid but confirm got fuel?

How abt trying to switch to u're reserve tank and see if it helps?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/ckoonyin/ThenandNowver2a.jpg

Thanks bro. I have check. All look normal but I plug out the fuel line it seems a little block how do I clear it thanks

if the fuel line seems blocked you can just buy a new one for about $2...

but if you put a piece of seaweed inside your tank like a friend of mine did then... good luck! :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Might sound a bit stupid but confirm got fuel?

How abt trying to switch to u're reserve tank and see if it helps?

Thanks bro. Yesterday just pump my bike full. But one thing strange when I switch the fuel to off the bike still idiling. I try to empty the carb fuel it won't work. But when I on the fuel and start moving, the bike start to stall again.

Thanks bro. Yesterday just pump my bike full. But one thing strange when I switch the fuel to off the bike still idiling. I try to empty the carb fuel it won't work. But when I on the fuel and start moving, the bike start to stall again.

of course the bike will still idle when you turn the petcock to "off"... I have tried with a few phantoms at the same time... takes about 10 minutes before the engine get cut... :cheeky:

I highly recommend you to visit ah chong first... there are too many possibilities to list down...

Thanks guy. Fix the problem. My fuel tank rusty so all the dirt got trap so no fuel gose into the carb. The mech clean and fix it up now my bike is normal. Thanks for the help to all those bro who help me. Hope we can meet up some day. Btw anyone know where I can buy new fuel tank thanks

My old phantom suddenly have no normal headlight, funny thing is high beam still working. Anyone ever got similar problem, can advise? Wonder is it because recently ride through very heavy rain, some wirings get shorted. Thanks!

My old phantom suddenly have no normal headlight, funny thing is high beam still working. Anyone ever got similar problem, can advise? Wonder is it because recently ride through very heavy rain, some wirings get shorted. Thanks!

congratez.. welcome to the high beam family.. my Low beam burst/blow already.. Hense my bike is using High beam only.. well.. not too bad as cars see me sure give way... too bright already ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

dont worry its juz the bulb, jus use ur high beam, its not much difference compared to the low beam actually... wait till ur high beam also blow den go chg d bulb, tts wad i did

Ah, for a moment I was worried it was a wiring problem. :cheeky:

Thanks for the tips about using the high beam. ;-)

congratez.. welcome to the high beam family.. my Low beam burst/blow already.. Hense my bike is using High beam only.. well.. not too bad as cars see me sure give way... too bright already ;D

whenever i kanna high beam from behind, i will pull 1 side let it pass and high beam it from behind. unless his high beam is when i am at extreme right cutting cars.

if i tio high beam for no reason, get ready to be followed with high beam as long as my mood tells me to.

Class 3 29 April 2009[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2B 11 March 2010[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2A 02 July 2012[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2 On-Training[TP Attempt: TBA]

TA-200 Honda Phantom 2010~2013

GSR Suzuki 400R 2013~Present

dont worry its juz the bulb, jus use ur high beam, its not much difference compared to the low beam actually... wait till ur high beam also blow den go chg d bulb, tts wad i did

yea... our headlight bulb has two filament... the further one for high beam, the nearer one for low beam... just a few dollars and your problem is solved! (hopefully) :thirsty:

whenever i kanna high beam from behind, i will pull 1 side let it pass and high beam it from behind. unless his high beam is when i am at extreme right cutting cars.

if i tio high beam for no reason, get ready to be followed with high beam as long as my mood tells me to.

awww... offensive riding is no good... but then... that is what my HID is for... :clap:

low beam fused...do to wear and tear

makes economics sense, but inconvenience others, dats y manufacturers of vehicles phased out integrated light housing juz for this reason....

Ah, for a moment I was worried it was a wiring problem. :cheeky:

Thanks for the tips about using the high beam. ;-)

there is a method of prolonging the duration of both filaments, high beam u on during daytime (also easier to be spotted, dont worry others wont get blinded cause the light from the sun is even stronger) low beam during night time( less light nuisance and also its bright enough to be seen during nightime)

so by doing this, u'll actually be utilising the bulb fully...hope this helps

errr....oh well hahahahaa

awww... offensive riding is no good... but then... that is what my HID is for... :clap:

gotcha...

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Hey guys, i was going to pose question on my low beam problem when i see the posts, haha.

Ok, so i just high beam till the bulb also blow, haha.

How much to change the bulbs? Any difference in pricing between low and high beam bulbs?

nope... its just one single bulb... cost only a few dollars... we would highly recommend you to change the bulb soon... riding with only the high beam would result in ah beng drivers trying to run you down... :giddy:

Haha!! How to change the bulb myself? I got some free bulbs from LAB - how to see if its suitable for my low beam bulbs? Also, how to change it myself har?

free bulbs from ah boy... well are they bulbs for phantoms to use...? I know they would give bulbs... but everytime I got a different size...

if your headlight is stock, there are two screws along the bottom edge. remove those screws and the front part of the headlight which include the bulb and the reflector should be able to come off...

remove the bulb by turning its connector... anti-clockwise I think... it would be obvious... just pop in the new bulb and test if both high and low beams are working... if they are working, just reassemble the headlight and you are good to go! :cheer:

haha.. Mine is quite a dumb headlight assembly. The whole assembly is the Blub.. so i just leave it there. no point changing unless totally blow.... But my lights only on during Traffic jams or at night.. Due to the heat it produces..

Haha!! How to change the bulb myself? I got some free bulbs from LAB - how to see if its suitable for my low beam bulbs? Also, how to change it myself har?

oh yea.. just unscrew your headlight casing and plug out the bulb.. quite easy de ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Good question... but a bit difficult to count, no? Easier to read the packaging on the box when you get a new chain!

If I have those values I can make an entry for the TA200 on www.gearingcommander.com which is useful for tuning your sprocket sizes. They will be able to calculate chain wear based on the number of contacts per revolution.