SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Hey guys, how to see if my petrol finishing for phantom TA150?

Normally they go by mileage counting... Some just top up every 3 days or so...

Also can knock the tank to hear its hollowness... Got many methods, or I think most common one, run till reserve (Reserve = bike on normal suddenly sputter, switch fuel switch to reserve) continue riding to pump, change back to On

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah chong told me liao, the carburettor gone case. shouldn't wash phantom carb EVER.

he say phantom carb wash liao equals to throw away.

so lan lan have to get 2nd hand one.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

Normally they go by mileage counting... Some just top up every 3 days or so...

Also can knock the tank to hear its hollowness... Got many methods, or I think most common one, run till reserve (Reserve = bike on normal suddenly sputter, switch fuel switch to reserve) continue riding to pump, change back to On

Sputter means the bike stall? :sian:

Sorry my english poor.

Sputter means the bike stall? :sian:

Sorry my english poor.

means the bike will start jerking suddenly.. bike loses power.. when that happens, quickly turn " ON" to "reserve"

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

hi guys, just to enquire. i bought a phantom TA 200 from a forumer last week. Basically only one

problem with the bike. it's hard to start up before riding. have to wait for a while and keep throttling

to warm up the engine first. previous owner told me something about saving petrol tune to lower rpm.

can this be changed?

guys.. update on my TA200. for the past 2 mths, my FC have been in the 28-30 km/l range.. it was really bad.. had changed the EO, spark plugs n all.. still no difference.. btw, even had my carb serviced n washed... (and no.. the carb is not screwed up, so basically my mech proved that it IS POSSIBLE to wash it.. no saying ah chong is wrong, but i bet only a good mech can do so.. cux mine took several reinstalls to get the carb working ryt..)

anyway end up, i realise i missed out one thing! MY AIR FILTER! changed it last week.. n im back to my old FC.. around 37km/l.. YEAHHH! i knw its nt like those in the 40s.. but i ride quite hard... as in alot of almost full throttle acceleration.. so it seems alright to me..

oh n btw.. after i serviced my carb, my cold start issues were gone.. :)

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

hi guys, just to enquire. i bought a phantom TA 200 from a forumer last week. Basically only one

problem with the bike. it's hard to start up before riding. have to wait for a while and keep throttling

to warm up the engine first. previous owner told me something about saving petrol tune to lower rpm.

can this be changed?

There's a screw with a black handle on the right side of your bike near the carburetor, turn it to increase the RPM so bike won't stall at cold start.

*I don't entertain bullsh*t

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

it was the spark plug causing the trouble. took it out, fouled all over.

and i just had it replaced 2 days before.

anyway, I didn't know spark plugs could lead to erratic idling, thought it was needed only for starting.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

bros.. just a question.. isit normal for the rear caliper to be rubbing against the disc? cux if i jack up d rear wheel, there is drag on the brake pads... the wheels wont turn freely...

bros.. just a question.. isit normal for the rear caliper to be rubbing against the disc? cux if i jack up d rear wheel, there is drag on the brake pads... the wheels wont turn freely...

it is not normal... is the drag constant or only at certain angles?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

If the drag is constant, brake piston is probably jammed(springy feeling not there when stepping on brake pedal). If drag is only at certain angle, brake disc "koyak" already, got to spend a little bit on that one. =(

There's a screw with a black handle on the right side of your bike near the carburetor, turn it to increase the RPM so bike won't stall at cold start.

My bike also dies when idling after a cold start but when warmed up it is stable. The mech at planet did the same thing... tune idle speed up but I didn't like it cuz it idled at quite a high rpm after the engine is warmed up so I turned it back down.. lol

However I read the manual and it says you shouldn't tune idle setting to solve problems, unless your bike stalls at traffic lights even after riding for 10+ min.

I'm trying to get my choke replaced but Planet no stock at the moment. I figure it's the choke cuz after cold starting with the choke open, it idles stable. I let it run for around 5-10 min to warm it up a little, and then close it. Before closing fully the engines dies.

Btw so it safe to wash the carb? To trust ah chong or not?

Oh and is losing 15 kpa of tire pressure in the front wheels after only 1 week normal?

Had a minor accident before where I scrapped the tires against the kerb.

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

it is not normal... is the drag constant or only at certain angles?

If the drag is constant, brake piston is probably jammed(springy feeling not there when stepping on brake pedal). If drag is only at certain angle, brake disc "koyak" already, got to spend a little bit on that one. =(

i tink its quite constant all round d disc.. yeah.. my brake pedal oso hv nt much feel.. i feel like my rear brakes is either ON or OFF that kind.. service d brake piston roughly hw much?

My bike also dies when idling after a cold start but when warmed up it is stable. The mech at planet did the same thing... tune idle speed up but I didn't like it cuz it idled at quite a high rpm after the engine is warmed up so I turned it back down.. lol

However I read the manual and it says you shouldn't tune idle setting to solve problems, unless your bike stalls at traffic lights even after riding for 10+ min.

I'm trying to get my choke replaced but Planet no stock at the moment. I figure it's the choke cuz after cold starting with the choke open, it idles stable. I let it run for around 5-10 min to warm it up a little, and then close it. Before closing fully the engines dies.

Oh and is losing 15 kpa of tire pressure in the front wheels after only 1 week normal?

i duno if d laojiaos here gt any other solutions, but if i were u, i wud hv a go at washing d carb.. i did mine at ENG SIN MOTOR at cck ave 1... look for d really old uncle. he's my fav mech. he does things rly meticulously, even like changing EO.. he took abt 2 hrs for my carb.. n my cold start problem (like yours) was solved. :)

for me, my rly old tires are losing about 20-30 kpa a week.. i tink it shud be fine.. jux hv to regularly check lor.. :) of cux, look out for any weird deformations in d tyres.. if d drop damn drastic, then i guess u better hv it changed..

can this be changed?

It would make minor difference. You might want to play with the air fuel intake ratio on your carb at your own risk. What are you getting at the moment?

it was the spark plug causing the trouble. took it out, fouled all over.

and i just had it replaced 2 days before.

anyway, I didn't know spark plugs could lead to erratic idling, thought it was needed only for starting.

so its solely just the plug fault?

is there, sum-ba-dayy who wanna hav prata for dinner tnight? :D

sry, off topic. ._.

wanted to jio you now but i saw that you stay at jurong.. urgh nvm..

of course its not normal.

Hey dont be too quick to judge. Might be the battery or rectifier. By the way imho, a good bike would start wo the choke. Singapore aint that cold to start with. Is it consistent? btw, never rev with the choke on. To warm up bike, i will rev abit. Ah chong imo is the probably second to none when it comes to ta200. Yes losing pressure is a norm. Pump every two weeks is more than adequate.

i tink its quite constant all round d disc.. yeah.. my brake pedal oso hv nt much feel.. i feel like my rear brakes is either ON or OFF that kind.. service d brake piston roughly hw much?

Seems like brake pump spoilt. You can check the thread on prices. Less than a hundred.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Hey guys,

My bike occasionally drops into neutral while accelerating in Gear 2. What could be the issue?

Also, brakes are damn worthless in the rain - would better pads help?

TIA

Issue 1 - Get Planet to look at the gear shifter mechanism. Something might be loose somewhere.

Issue 2 - No, changing new pads will not work. This is very dangerous and the brake system should be inspected.... at Planet Motors.

Reason for advertising Planet:

Recently I changed my tyres at certain popular shop at Bukit Merah due to tyre promo. Asked mech to change front pads too as 70% of my braking force is on the front. Then realised front brakes no "bite" at all in the wet leading to dangerous riding conditions.

Went to planet, the guy just took off the caliper, put it back on properly, problem solved.

Moral of the story - some mechanics purposely don't do a good job so you go back and they can charge you more $. Taking the trouble to go back to a trusted mechanic, can save your life in the long run.

If the shop people looks suspiciously hesitant or you have to negotiate a lot for them to honour promo prices, walk away.

can this be changed?

As said it was tuned with lower rpm to save fuel consumption.

You can refer to pic to increase rpm. Best is to let your mechanic do it in case you over tune it as you do not have a tachometer.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/steve_singapore/ENGTUNE.jpg

My advise, dun mess around with air fuel intake ratio .... that will have adverse effect on the engine if you dun noe....

Edited by lv3338

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

As said it was tuned with lower rpm to save fuel consumption.

You can refer to pic to increase rpm. Best is to let your mechanic do it in case you over tune it as you do not have a tachometer.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/steve_singapore/ENGTUNE.jpg

My advise, dun mess around with air fuel intake ratio .... that will have adverse effect on the engine if you dun noe....

below it there is a screw.. for the air : fuel ratio. hehehe

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r