SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I just bought a TA200 3 months ago. Over this three months my FC is no more than 28km/L. I change my spark plug every 1.5k. Changed air filter, battery, washed carburettor.

Many people told me phantom can easily reach 35km/l but my bike cant do it. I tried travelling max 90km/h before too but still wont help. I used esso 98 as fuel.

Really hope you guys can help because the consumption really CMI. I can nv reach more than 250km before reserve. Really hope you guys can help me :)

250km before reserve is ready bad!!!!

U just wash ur carb, but d they tune it???

For me

Tire pressure is one the factors that increase FC but worn out tire due to increase contact surface & carry extra load such as riding with pillion...Drink more fuel!!!!!!

cub need to retune... if tires and everything is fine, most prob can be your cub tuning.....

try going easy on your trottle?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Maybe you wanna try this:

Inflate front tire to 225PSI and rear to 255PSI , lube chain , keep your acceleration as light as possible and maintain max top speed of 80km/hr. If still below 30km/l , then really something wrong liao...

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

I recently also suffering poor fc, granted I'm not exactly light on throttle, but neither am i dead heavy.... its averaging 28km/l now...

Does engine oil affect fc? I used Caltex Techron 95 same, SPC 95, same.... my phantom now 66k mileage..... tires always 230, chain got oiler..

@Hydher: FC calculate like that, when you refuel the next time, take note of your mileage, for e.g.

I pump petrol now current odo = 1000

After riding a few days hit reserve go pump petrol again

Odo reading: 1300

So you rode 300km, pump your petrol till full tank... and see

how many liters you pump: for e.g. 8l

Take the difference in odo reading = 1300 - 1000 = 300

Divided by liters of petrol: 300/8 = 37.5km/l

^^ Your fc

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

could be a problem with carburettor, maybe it's running rich.

as usual, we need the super pro kitten to help. now where is he?????

check your tires, check your idling.

if all else fails, ride to ah chong at planet motorcycle and ask him troubleshoot.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

First check the usual,

1. Tire pressure

2. Chains are well oiled

If the first two don't solve the problem

3. Carburator retune.

Screw the air/fuel mixture screw in all the way to make it richest, then unscrew fully to find the max number of turns for the screw to pop out. Then screw back in 1/2 way in. When I was experiementing with the airbox, I was afraid my fuel air ratio was too lean, so I screwed it in nearly all the way in, and my FC became about 25km/L But I didn't know until I kena stranded in the middle of the NSHW. KNN....

4. Check your brakes and wheel bearings.

Are the brakes rubbing against the brake disk? Are the wheels able to turn without resistence? If you off engine an push and can hear sound, then it's time to go workshop and get it fixed.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

I recently also suffering poor fc, granted I'm not exactly light on throttle, but neither am i dead heavy.... its averaging 28km/l now...

Does engine oil affect fc? I used Caltex Techron 95 same, SPC 95, same.... my phantom now 66k mileage..... tires always 230, chain got oiler..

@Hydher: FC calculate like that, when you refuel the next time, take note of your mileage, for e.g.

I pump petrol now current odo = 1000

After riding a few days hit reserve go pump petrol again

Odo reading: 1300

So you rode 300km, pump your petrol till full tank... and see

how many liters you pump: for e.g. 8l

Take the difference in odo reading = 1300 - 1000 = 300

Divided by liters of petrol: 300/8 = 37.5km/l

^^ Your fc

you'd be suprised how some people dont know this. hey.. try esso 95 :thumb:

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

first day of riding motorbike in public roads......terrifying.

and amazingly, i found my way to office without knowing roads or GPS. just using landmark.

exterior of bike looks good, but small problems here and there. throttle wont roll back, hard to engage N.

i hope i didn't buy a lemon.

wah sian, i really bought a lemon. well, not that bad but a half lemon.

forks are leaking oil (mensus maybe)

rear brake pads are finished.

throw to Unique Motorsport at Toh Guan, ask them do a full service for my poor bike.

Looking forward to seeing how it will ride with new engine oil and cleaned carbs.

and i ran out of fuel while riding on lane 2 on the CTE. funking scary, suddenly whole bike shake and vibrate, quickly stop at a sideroad and turn to reserve (havent master how to switch to res while riding).

and amazingly, i found my way to office without knowing roads or GPS. just using landmark.

exterior of bike looks good, but small problems here and there. throttle wont roll back, hard to engage N.

throw to Unique Motorsport at Toh Guan, ask them do a full service for my poor bike.

Looking forward to seeing how it will ride with new engine oil and cleaned carbs.

and i ran out of fuel while riding on lane 2 on the CTE. funking scary, suddenly whole bike shake and vibrate, quickly stop at a sideroad and turn to reserve (havent master how to switch to res while riding).

1) Check Throttle Cable, could be worn or being snapped. Otherwise, open up the right hand side console & check the throttle sleeve & cable head if its still in condition.

Oya, :btw: old & worn throttle grips may slip on the sleeve also...

Replace if neccessary.

2) Check Clutch Cable, description same as above, otherwise, if cable's fine, adjust the cable adjustment nuts either @ lever there or clutch housing there.

Last but not least & crossfingers, your clutch plates, maybe worn & need replacement.

3) Fork leaking is common as the bike gets old, see if can by just servicing & replacement of the fork seals is suffice, otherwise, replace the fork sleeves altogether with the seals, warning thou, may costs more than just servicing.

4) Brake pads are wear & tear and inevitable to be replaced, so get it replace. ;)

5) Gota quickly master to turn to reserve OTR! lol..

Neway, just gota rmber whats the mileage you've done so that you'll roughly know when you'll hit reserve & be prepared.

6) IMO, washing of carb is not really a need unless you're suffering frm bad FC problems. As the internals, i.e. jet pin, float & seals may worn or damage if too excessive washing is done.

just my 0.01¢..

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

yeah, i left it at Unique for them to do a whole service.

the throttle cable is gone, the carb is dirty...you know.

sucks. but at least no major engine problems. and the shifting is because i'm not used to it, whew.

a A5 sized street directory is quite essential for the new rider... :smile:

and nah those are normal wear and tear... lemons are those with gearbox problems, engine problems, et cetera... so its not so bad for now :thirsty:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

i got gps on my phone! haha. but still moving my head to check my location and the traffic abit dangerous.

just wanna learn the roads as fast as possible.

and only way to do that is to ride more and often.

yeah, i left it at Unique for them to do a whole service.

the throttle cable is gone, the carb is dirty...you know.

sucks. but at least no major engine problems. and the shifting is because i'm not used to it, whew.

pardon my directness, but how do one define the carb's dirty?

other than petrol and or filtered air's going thru it, it shouldnt be that really dirty isnt it?

unless the bike's air filter has not been replaced or serviced(K&N) for a really long time or the tank's seeping water into the carbs, it should be in a good condition itself. no?

i got gps on my phone! haha. but still moving my head to check my location and the traffic abit dangerous.

just wanna learn the roads as fast as possible.

and only way to do that is to ride more and often.

always have a habit of pre-ride route plan beforehand.

when reading maps, try to rmber where's the destination point, rmber nearby distinctive landmarks, how and where of the major and minor roads.

go slow if unassure of where, stop & park @ side not blocking to traffic to read yr maps again if needed...

a A5 sized street directory is quite essential for the new rider... :smile:

and nah those are normal wear and tear... lemons are those with gearbox problems, engine problems, et cetera... so its not so bad for now :thirsty:

talk abt lemon.. mine's a lemon... :sian:

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Hey be safe to you and others dun run out on petrol on the road.

Use http://www.oneshift.com maps to plan your routes beforehand

Dont worry. These investments will benefit you.

cheers

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

used to write the routes on a piece of paper and place it on my Tank.

But

With my nokia phone with GPS, Everything is going good. Custom DIY ( Jeans material ) a holder lor..

But safety first bro=p

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

LEMON TIME!

guess what. another problem surfaced.

erratic idling. for some reason, overnight, the bike started to idle erratic.

one moment it would be low then next super high. and everytime i twist the throttle, the engine dies.

it's defintely the carburettor playing the games, but i'm not exactly sure which part. jetting perhaps. any suggestions? its in my parent's home in malaysia btw, after the very exciting ride there.

LEMON TIME!

guess what. another problem surfaced.

erratic idling. for some reason, overnight, the bike started to idle erratic.

one moment it would be low then next super high. and everytime i twist the throttle, the engine dies.

it's defintely the carburettor playing the games, but i'm not exactly sure which part. jetting perhaps. any suggestions? its in my parent's home in malaysia btw, after the very exciting ride there.

there are many reasons...

the symptom u mentioned suggest a flodded carb

i would check the carb float bowl....making sure it can work well...

just bt doing this ..you can check fuel cleaniless..float valve working...

if this fails to so;ve it...get a mech to sort it out..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

Hi all,

I new to riding

Been riding for the past 3 months, Anone know what wrong with my TA200?

Problem: My engine die off in netural mode right after start engine. therefore need to maintain throttle to keep the engine alive.

hmmm maybe the idling is too low? try increasing the idling first...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg