SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. but what does it do?

this item is often mentioned...but the subject should be timing..timing for the opening and closing of valves..

this chain tensioner as its name implies that the chain that actuate the opening and closing of the inlet/exhaust valevs..the chain tension is at its optimum..resulting in an accurate opening and closing off valves,

if the chain fails ie broken...the valves may be in the open position...this will result in its damage when the piston comes up during the comprssion or exhaust stroke. here you have the piston banging the valve. result is a damge valve trains/ piston/cylinder...an expensive repair no matter which item is damaged.

just look at it this way...if the cam chain tensioner fails..the engine will result in an internal collision..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

Happy CNY ALL! facing a problem here and hope someone can help. =( i'm having water in my fuel tank (cause i recently resprayed and they had to un-dent my tank) and the shop tells me to ride over there. It's in AMK and I stay in Bukit Batok; not exactly a very near journey. My phantom can start but i cannot rev it more than 40% or it will start to stutter as if i'm on reserve. So essentially, if i change gears often, i can prob make 50km/h. Do you think it's advisable to ride there or should i just call a tow truck?

Happy CNY ALL! facing a problem here and hope someone can help. =( i'm having water in my fuel tank (cause i recently resprayed and they had to un-dent my tank) and the shop tells me to ride over there. It's in AMK and I stay in Bukit Batok; not exactly a very near journey. My phantom can start but i cannot rev it more than 40% or it will start to stutter as if i'm on reserve. So essentially, if i change gears often, i can prob make 50km/h. Do you think it's advisable to ride there or should i just call a tow truck?

If it's only a bit, you can actually drain out the water on your own.

And yes, you can ride there slowly avoiding expressways.

But the thing is by the time you ride all the way there, I think the water in the tank mixed with paetrol will be all used up by then.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

thanks all for advice. sry i forgot to clarify. actually after the respray, they did try to get the remaining water out. but i guess they missed some. tow truck cost $50 on cny. so i called the shop and they told me to max rev the bike. so after max-revving it for a while, there was a change in exhaust sound or for a brief moment. i guess tt was the remaining water getting burnt off or smth cause the bike had no more problems after tt.

guys my front brake feels a little harder to squeeze. wen i try to squeeze my front brake lever, there seems to be a little resistance/unsmooth before engaging the brakes... wad may the problem be? brake cable? brake pump? lever? pls help thks! happy holidays =D

hey guys.. jux wanna ask.. my speedo now gg crazy! sometimes when i stop, the meter is at 50km/h! and 2day wen i was riding on d highway normally, it hit 160km/h! haha! but the thing is, my odometer seems to be running accordingly to d speed.. so isit the speedometer cable failing soon?

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

hey guys.. jux wanna ask.. my speedo now gg crazy! sometimes when i stop, the meter is at 50km/h! and 2day wen i was riding on d highway normally, it hit 160km/h! haha! but the thing is, my odometer seems to be running accordingly to d speed.. so isit the speedometer cable failing soon?

open up the chrome cover and ensure the wire is attached firmly... check the other end too

Joe your front brakes okay already? the recent rain cause alot of problems for me too... i started oiling all the bolts and nuts too... want me help you? we can do together later... clutch cable included.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Hahahaha! You just broke the Phantom TA200's land speed record, better don't change anything, sell as it is with the label the fast Phantom TA200 available, able to cruise easily at 160km/hr! :lol:

Just kidding, definately either the speedo cable or the meter causing havoc.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Joe your front brakes okay already? the recent rain cause alot of problems for me too... i started oiling all the bolts and nuts too... want me help you? we can do together later... clutch cable included.

yes pls! sms me k? i will be free on 8th evening! u wana xchg chrome cover too? i might wana respray, u take my current one n scrap out the black paint =D

roger that.. will organise 1 washing thread on tuesday evening.. stay tune la.... i wont mind your black cover la...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Hahahaha! You just broke the Phantom TA200's land speed record, better don't change anything, sell as it is with the label the fast Phantom TA200 available, able to cruise easily at 160km/hr! :lol:

Just kidding, definately either the speedo cable or the meter causing havoc.

LOL! im nt such a con-man la! hahaha! but GREAT IDEA! LOL.. alrite.. will drop by a bike shop soon to have it checked out... cux d cable seems seated alrite.. might be d meter..

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Hi guys,

I just bought a TA200 3 months ago. Over this three months my FC is no more than 28km/L. I change my spark plug every 1.5k. Changed air filter, battery, washed carburettor.

Many people told me phantom can easily reach 35km/l but my bike cant do it. I tried travelling max 90km/h before too but still wont help. I used esso 98 as fuel.

Really hope you guys can help because the consumption really CMI. I can nv reach more than 250km before reserve. Really hope you guys can help me :)

how youmg is your bike?? in km?

need overhaul..this may solve your fc issues..

our kitten is expert ...riding his phantom ,,above 40km/l..

best is to consult him..

My bike 8 year old 50k milleage, FW plate.

I tot is bike nth wrong then shouldnt overhaul?

can intro kitten to help me?