SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

top speed is about 110 - 120 kph only for me. i believe it can be pushed to 130 but i've never tried it.

Did 140 before, heard people went to 150 and beyond :thumb:

newbie mah :cheeky:

sh3rman, thanks ... i've done a search on backfire in the problem and found it :thumb:

" Problem 13: My exhaust gives have a loud bang regularly. (Backfire)

Reason: Air fuel mixture too rich or too lean.

Solution: Retune the carb.

i owned a yamaha ss110 (2 stroke bike) before and can go to 120 or even 130kph when i was in msia .

for ta200, when i go above 100kph, the wind is really strong ... is it coz ta200 not aerodynamic.... or is it really windy at TPE?:sian:

:lol: no offence, just found it funny :p

Its stronger because you're going faster, imagine going at 200 ;) bike is also higher and lighter than those bikes which are designed for higher speed. Do not try to speed if you can't slow down in time for emergency, hence the 90km/h speed limit in SG :lol: I gotta admit I speed while neglecting the risk involved.

The fastest i clocked on my TA150 is abt 130kmh with throttle to spare. if open fully i believe can hit >150kmh.

That's the power the 4 stroker TA200 lacks but at a cost. Higher FC. Power or better FC, can only choose one. not possible to have best of both worlds.

You can have Power if you're lighter ;) You can do better if you change your gear ratio.

hmmm ahcaibiker, could it be bcoz of TA150 is a 2 stroke?

can i say that a 2 stroke engine bike is twice as powerful as a 4 stroke engine if the cc is the same?

i.e 2 stroke TA150cc would have the power of a 4 stroke 300cc bike

150cc 2 stroke can be compared to a 4 stroke 300cc. Powerful? depends on what kind you're tlaing about, torque or ?

ya, something like that, it takes 2 revolutions of the crankshaft to complete one otto cycle (intake, compression, power and exhaust stroke). while for 2 stroke engine it is 1:1, 4 stroke is 1:2.

Alot of ppl say including mechanics say that TA150 and NSR 150 SP are using the same engine. Is that true?

Same engine, some things are diff, go research..

ta200 i tink best fc remain below 100kph...

enjoy the ride..

its nt the point of getting from point A to B..

is the journey..

I think its around 90km/h before the dildo starts to work up :lol:

sh3rman,

:cheeky: coz i take tpe from jln kayu to changi business park thru the TPE for work everyday :) see those bike smaller than me go faster than me so easily :faint:

its because they're much aerodynamic and lighter + smaller :p

cruisers are typically not for going fast..

and phantom speedo nt exactly accurate..

i registered 90kph while fren's camry register 70+kph..

HAHA

Its for going straight :nono:

You'd be surprised the camry's speedo ain't accurate as well. Tested driving at 200+km/h but it states only 205 on the GPS when I maintained. Which to believe? :cool:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks all for the reply ... if any admin reading this, you can ignore my email :cheeky: i found the posts :angel:

so i mayb clocking 100kph but in actual probably around 80kph :) thats good to hear :p (in case i pass any speed camera )

i find that pick up is way better when i was riding my yamaha ss110 (2 stroke) compared to ta200. of course , most likely coz it is way lighter :dot: but i am still new to the bike so might not be driving it correctly yet :) need more time to get familiarize :p

vidak , that's ur piston?????!!!! what happenned and where??!!!! ok, i got ur message... keep it below 100kph

thanks all for the reply ... if any admin reading this, you can ignore my email :cheeky: i found the posts :angel:

so i mayb clocking 100kph but in actual probably around 80kph :) thats good to hear :p (in case i pass any speed camera )

i find that pick up is way better when i was riding my yamaha ss110 (2 stroke) compared to ta200. of course , most likely coz it is way lighter :dot: but i am still new to the bike so might not be driving it correctly yet :) need more time to get familiarize :p

vidak , that's ur piston?????!!!! what happenned and where??!!!! ok, i got ur message... keep it below 100kph

100km/h would be around 90km/h... The disparity is bigger at higher speed, not constant, otherwise it'd show 20km/h when you're at the traffic lights... :)

honda engineers doing a con job....+- 5 % would be accetptable...20% off??

how about yamaha?? suzuki?? and others etc do they have this con job too..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

jevan, u often go 110 to 120kph? hows ur fc? u feel very strong wind when going to 120kph?

I often go up to 110, sometimes push to 120 to if the road is clear. Everyday PIE, by the time I reach Jurong, if its clear i will go faster. My fc is about 32-34. But that could be because I frequently have a pillion, and i have a box too. Strong wind is a certainty for me, once I hit more than 100 kph.

jB, 140 possible? I still have throttle, but I dont feel like I have the space to go that fast, and I dont really dare to go that fast. Dont wanna become a statistic on the road.

Got bike must ride!

SYM Maxsym 400i - 09/11/12 to current

Phantom TA200 - 07/08/09 to 09/11/12

ha the piston broke off... at tangkak when I was coming back from kl... :dozed:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

the feeling between the 110 cc and the phantom is diff..

u feel the 110cc is faster..may not be so..as the phantom is more stable..our senses.most probably not reliable...

those who ride european cars and jap cars, can tell you jap cars feel exciting at higher speed..but the euro car nothing..even though both going at same speed.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

Hi Fellow Phantom brothers,

I'm currently riding a TA150, coe till Sept 2010.

That means another year.

My number plate is nice and i would like to retain it after scrapping my bike.

Does that mean i die die must buy new bike just like cars in order to retain the number plate?

Looking forward to all phantom brother's advice and opinion!

Thank you in advance!

full details here>>>click

in a nutshell, it be $100 if you are retaining it on a brand new bike, $1300 on a existing bike and $1300 per year until you find a bike to retain on...if you did find that bike before 1 year is up and it is a new bike, then LTA will refund you $1200. If you have yet to find that bike and wants to retain for another year, then you have to pay another $1300 to keep it for another year

hope this helps

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Hi

Does Planet Motor open on Mondays? I'm going to check this problem. Everytime I close throttle there is a clicking sound from the lower part of the bike. Can't pinpoint where. It is only when moving. The sound is not there when idling. And when open throttle the sound disappears again.

Hi, my bike TA200 recently have some strange reaction. During engine start, it seem so difficult to switch to neutral gear, only possible when i off the engine. And during move out, when i release the throttle and clutch, the bike seem to vibrate/wobbly and noise from the chain . Any idea what is happening ?

Edited by superakan

Hi

Does Planet Motor open on Mondays? I'm going to check this problem. Everytime I close throttle there is a clicking sound from the lower part of the bike. Can't pinpoint where. It is only when moving. The sound is not there when idling. And when open throttle the sound disappears again.

yea pla*** opens on mondays!

sounds like the chain and sprockets... yea a check should be good... any idea when you last changed your chain and sprockets? :thirsty:

Hi, my bike TA200 recently have some strange reaction. During engine start, it seem so difficult to switch to neutral gear, only possible when i off the engine. And during move out, when i release the throttle and clutch, the bike seem to vibrate/wobbly and noise from the chain . Any idea what is happening ?

try checking the clutch cable and clutch lever... maybe it needs adjustment... it is possible that you cannot clutch in the clutch fully thus difficult / damaging to change gears...

sounds like the chain and sprockets... yea a check should be good... any idea when you last changed your chain and sprockets? :thirsty:

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I think it should be the chain too, because it is only at a certain engine speed and when moving. I haven't changed it since I bought more than a year ago. In fact I think it has never been changed before, now nearing 30000 km.

Well as long as it is not an engine problem. I always much rather have "external" problems than engine "internal" problems, do you guys feel the same?

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I think it should be the chain too, because it is only at a certain engine speed and when moving. I haven't changed it since I bought more than a year ago. In fact I think it has never been changed before, now nearing 30000 km.

Well as long as it is not an engine problem. I always much rather have "external" problems than engine "internal" problems, do you guys feel the same?

i got the same problem as you.. ah chong said that it's piston lose or something.. normally such issue surface when using a lousy grade petrol... i told him i normally pump caltex 95...

cause my chain and sproket are new also.... the sound surface only when im travelling at 80km/hr ( nr open trottle).. the moment i clutch in , no more sound.. so i conclude piston thingy.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

i got the same problem as you.. ah chong said that it's piston lose or something.. normally such issue surface when using a lousy grade petrol... i told him i normally pump caltex 95...

cause my chain and sproket are new also.... the sound surface only when im travelling at 80km/hr ( nr open trottle).. the moment i clutch in , no more sound.. so i conclude piston thingy.

i suggestv u take a look at the chain guide..situated on the swing arm where the chain exit ffrom the drive sprocket......th e chain actually bounce up and down when u are riding especially when u are chnaging gears or speed...one of the function of the chain guide as the name implies guide the chain towards the drive sprocket in a straight line...

this guide often encounter bouncing chains on it..if it is worn off the chain is hitting the swing arm instead..so all those clanging meatallic sound could be the result..

the fact taht when u clutch in..the sound dissappears---the sprocket disengages form the gears , is free wheeling or rather the rear wheel is pullin it..so the slack now is on the upper chain ..the chain leaving the drive sprocket will be in tension (less or minimal bounce)

at certain speed u only hear it,,this is possible as the bouncing chain is at its maximum amplitude and created the loudest sound....( in vibration theory this chain system is running at the critical frequency created at 80km/hr). IMHO

Edited by mepkoh

at certain speed u only hear it,,this is possible as the bouncing chain is at its maximum amplitude and created the loudest sound....( in vibration theory this chain system is running at the critical frequency created at 80km/hr). IMHO

That makes sense. I think its called resonance right? I remember bits of it from physics. The amplitude is maximum when driven frequency is the same as natural frequency. Same reason why those old buses will rattle when they stop at traffic lights.

For me the clicking comes at slightly above idling rpm at low speeds. It is there but much softer at high speeds. Then when I brake or accelerate the sound slowly disappears, I suppose because applying force forwards or backwards on the bike reduces the oscillation.

im a p plater .. dun know where to put my p plate.. my number plate dont have extra 2 hole for screwing in the p plate. i thought of buying sticker 1.. also thought of pasting 1 on my box for behind.. unsure for the front part.. duno where to paste too.. any advice?

any tips on riding phantom on road? haven really started riding on the road outside

appreciate any help in and thanks alot in advanced

also need tips on the braking while having pillion.. tried and like not used to it when stopping..

ha... welcome to SBF... and more importantly... welcome to phantom knights forum! :cheer:

you can start off by reading the guide for new riders

you can try pasting the p-plate on the front fender... although I would hang the p-plate using cable ties instead...

be careful of the rear brake... since the bike is heavy towards to rear, and especially when you carry a pillion, it is easy to lock the rear wheel even in dry conditions... the bike's braking distance is quite long... so judge your following distance accordingly...

ride safe and enjoy your stay here :cheers: