SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

1st of all thx for ur reply and your time

so i use front brake more while having pillion?

cable tie and tie on the front? but its easily stolen right...? my friend use screw also can get stolen already

for phantom... use mainly engine brake... and use front brake if you need more braking power...

if someone want to steal your p-plate, the person will always succeed... so why bother :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st of all thx for ur reply and your time

so i use front brake more while having pillion?

cable tie and tie on the front? but its easily stolen right...? my friend use screw also can get stolen already

front paste on fender , rear just put behind seat. Blocked by box , MIGHT be stop by TP.

But for me 1 year saw TP 3 times only , and they couldnt be bothered to even look at me slow moving phantom :clap:

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

cover your bike lor ... safer.. lesser chances of things got stolen ...

yea... I cover my bike whenever I park at the carpark at my place... and for other not-so-good reasons :clap:

anyone knows where to make front number plate? do i need to wait very long ?

I saw a number of shops making them along ubi road 3...

anyone knows where to make front number plate? do i need to wait very long ?

I saw a number of shops making them along ubi road 3...

Yes that is a good place to go. It's the shop all the way at the end next to the shop selling metal rods. They are really fast too. All done within the hour.

There are other shops that does it too. If you can trust their prices.

There is a "Zhng Sticker" shop for the Ah Beng Cars, just across the road from my block in Yishun that does it. But never bought from them! So no comments! :lol:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Hi, im a PK newbie,

I am getting phantom next week, really looking foward to it finally after 6mths of waiting.

However , I am wondering is it legal if i want to spray paint my bike black matt coz its awesome with all the chrome in place.

Need ur advise..

Thanks in adv bros..

Honda Phantom 200

Suzuki Gsr 400

Yamaha Rxz

its legal..

but usually if sent to bike shops..

matt usually cost more expensive..

spraying urself is a cheaper alternative..

but results depend on skill..

some shops offer those stick on type..

normally the same price as a paint job..

but advantage is that u dont have to leave the bike there..

wanted to try it.. but just felt tat its not worth it.

'bikes are your sweet poison. despite knowing it would kill, you would die just to have a taste of it. '

Go ahead nothing wrong, just need to inform LTA of the change in colour to "Black" via their website.

at the inspection centre nobody ever ask why my bike colour is differnet??

nobody cares..i suppose dont need to inform LTA..now everything computerise they are interested in plate no. engine no. ..nos and more nos. only

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hey bro, i am getting my bike soon, but i got an enquiry, is black matt legal?

its a no no for cars due to lack of visibility for other road users at night....hence i doubt bikes will be spared the treatment....my best suggestion is to ask the proper authorities as they are clamping down on full matt black cars....

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Go ahead nothing wrong, just need to inform LTA of the change in colour to "Black" via their website.

u really sure???hmmm...lets make a bet ok????

cuz there is a matt black car that my gf told me was sent to her workshop for respray after being caught with full matt black scheme....

anyway best is for TS to ask the proper channel like LTA, as they are the proper authorities....

anyway matt black is low visibility, hence risk of cars not seeing the bike is very high...

riding is already high risk, why add that risk???

Huat Ah!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

oo.. i would like to hijack this thread.. may I know if a full chrome bike is legal?

e.g.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/Carnifreekshow/chrome-r1.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/modenaboi/signature.jpg

Practical Test Checklist:

√ Sudden and late braking

√ Faulty signal lights

√ Superb use of horn

√ Assume road belongs to father

√ Never at fault no matter what happens

√ Tailgating confidence

Result: YES! You qualify to become a Singapore car driver!

FYI...LTA is now checking those vehicles with Matt Black color due to low visibility to other road user..unless you got $$$ to burn..go ahead..alternatively if you got $$$ and no place to spend..pass to me.. Thank you.

I AM BACK!!!!!

my phantom is sprayed matt black too.

i got some reflective strips on my bike n helmet, drivers shd be able to see me easily at night, just makes sure u ON yr backlight as well.

matt black is cool but hell hard to maintain, dirts, dusts, stains can be easily seen.. if can choose again, i would try other colours..

Class 2B License: 04/08/2008 :thumb:

Phantom TA200 (FT plate): 16/08/08 to 31/10/09

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;417/st/20090804/e/Class+2A+%40+BBDC/dt/12/k/926a/blk-event.png

oo.. i would like to hijack this thread.. may I know if a full chrome bike is legal?

e.g.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/Carnifreekshow/chrome-r1.jpg

omg a fully mirrored r1... actually it would be "cloaked" on the road and become mostly invisible! :cheeky:

FYI...LTA is now checking those vehicles with Matt Black color due to low visibility to other road user..unless you got $$$ to burn..go ahead..alternatively if you got $$$ and no place to spend..pass to me.. Thank you.

u really sure???hmmm...lets make a bet ok????

cuz there is a matt black car that my gf told me was sent to her workshop for respray after being caught with full matt black scheme....

anyway best is for TS to ask the proper channel like LTA, as they are the proper authorities....

anyway matt black is low visibility, hence risk of cars not seeing the bike is very high...

riding is already high risk, why add that risk???

Huat Ah!

Serious ah! :eek:

But I don't think it's 100% cannot spray.

There must be some guidelines to how much can be sprayed Matt Black, like how much chrome you can have on a bike, because my Fenders, (both front and rear) Engine block and Mirrors were Matt Black when I went for annual inspection last year, (I left the Chromed parts chrome) inspection still passed and nobody said anything.

THANKS bros.. i will do a check on LTA..

Do inform us when you find out.

And if they do allow some Matt Black, here's one shop from the advertiser board where you can go to do it up. http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243934

(They are offering full Matt Black for the entire bike though!)

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

you can spray any color u wan, but it is not neccessary approved by LTA.

matt black, i "heard" TP will disturb you, they are going around napping those "stealth" vehicles. do at ur own risk...

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg