SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lta inspection dont care about head lamp lights..as long as there is light..haha

anyway always fail the head lamp lights test on my bike and still pass...

during the test you will be ask to turn on low beam and then high beam...the monitor will ask you to do it...so you turn on high beam and act blur lah...even on low beam test...maybe you can get away..:angel:

lol... "simi high beam...?" :confused:

:cheeky:

Lta test centre .....testing your headlights...low and high beam intensity.

no no... I meant... jtzx can act blur and ask "simi high beam?"... lol... :cheeky:

haha.. pai sah. nr been inspection before thou...

so in short that the headlight can just Bo chap de la.. They ask me switch on low and highbeam i simply just on my Lights?? so meaning the chances of passing is Very High??

which Centre you go?

i Hope i can be a good actor on that day.. Now holiday ma.. Hope to clear my inspection when im free =)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

kaki bukit..nearest to my place..usually empty in the morning..

alright.. how much you pay?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

$18... retest $9.... + cents...some reinspection is FOC..like they dont like my turn signals..'

return for reinspection .just show collection staff the notice for reinspection.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

$18... retest $9.... + cents...some reinspection is FOC..like they dont like my turn signals..'

return for reinspection .just show collection staff the notice for reinspection.

ok.. so confirm mine can pass the inspection i hope ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

mepkoh,

You know any ways how to reduce engine knocking?

engine knocks ??? caused by wrong octane petrol??..in this case just get the next higher grade of petrol..example if 95 have problem use 98..or higher.

if u are refering to piston slaps /engine noises???

if piston rings is loose...time to change. rings/piston

if valve seats clearances is out..need to reset/vlave/seat replacement.

the thing to inspect is the spark plugs...if the piston or valve trains problems..

you will encounter loss of power..

your spark plug will show up black..eo/unburnt petrol goo all around it.

there is no cure for the components failure but to change it,...u can try the stp eo additive that will increase the sae ratings to a higher viscosity..this is only a temp fix..get it sorted out sooner rather than later.:sian:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

so..u think ur reaction is fast?? how fast??

lets have a compettion...

http://www.getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

and post your time here...no cheatting...

copy and post the results (if u can...i am unable to copy and pate results..need help...anyone??)..hhahahha...see who is fastest and most probably i am the slow coach..

my 5 average response is 0.3408 sec..

calling all electronics experts...need help..

while reading on a article on brake modulators...where once the brake is activated,

the brake lights will flash for 3 seconds or so..

this seems to be an interesting DIY project...available in the mail order at around us$70..before postage..

was wondering could this be adapted to the turn signals..and then this would be an auto turn off after activating the turn signal..

will appreciate xxpert opinions on this,...and is it doable on for a cheap diy?? thanks..

hey electro xxperts..is this doable??

so..u think ur reaction is fast?? how fast??

lets have a compettion...

http://www.getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

and post your time here...no cheatting...

copy and post the results (if u can...i am unable to copy and pate results..need help...anyone??)..hhahahha...see who is fastest and most probably i am the slow coach..

my 5 average response is 0.3408 sec..

LOL, i just did it for the fun of it.

My avg response time is 0.2576. :angel:

try it guys. :)

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

calling all electronics experts...need help..

while reading on a article on brake modulators...where once the brake is activated,

the brake lights will flash for 3 seconds or so..

this seems to be an interesting DIY project...available in the mail order at around us$70..before postage..

was wondering could this be adapted to the turn signals..and then this would be an auto turn off after activating the turn signal..

will appreciate xxpert opinions on this,...and is it doable on for a cheap diy?? thanks..

hey electro xxperts..is this doable??

If the intention was to imitate the cars auto signal cut off upon turning, I presume it will not be feasible.

The brake module stuff is not uncommon. It can be source easily in malaysia motorshop and commonly found on JB kups. The price gauge of 70USD is definitely overprice.

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

LOL, i just did it for the fun of it.

My avg response time is 0.2576. :angel:

try it guys. :)

The average of human RT(reaction time) = approx at 215milliseconds.

I am 263miliseconds (0.264s) which mean I am almost 50 milliseconds behind average human RT.

:faint:

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

FYI, Harleys already come stock with auto signal off function.

It stays on when the bike is stationary e.g. at traffic light & turns off after a period of time when the bike is back in motion.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PK,

I've just bought a TA200 from one of the shops in Ubi and would like to know what r the most important things to look out for when collecting the bike. They also include an agreement fee of $200 any idea what's that for?

Is it also normal to have problem starting the bike if it has been parked there for some time without regular start? I asked the mechanic and they told me not to worry as they will do everything sui sui (typical) before handing over the bike and with a one month warranty...

If the intention was to imitate the cars auto signal cut off upon turning, I presume it will not be feasible.

The brake module stuff is not uncommon. It can be source easily in malaysia motorshop and commonly found on JB kups. The price gauge of 70USD is definitely overprice.

will it be easy to DIY?? from uncle Koh, the circuit seems simple.. Uncle Koh show me the circuit diagram lehz.

Hi PK,

I've just bought a TA200 from one of the shops in Ubi and would like to know what r the most important things to look out for when collecting the bike. They also include an agreement fee of $200 any idea what's that for?

Is it also normal to have problem starting the bike if it has been parked there for some time without regular start? I asked the mechanic and they told me not to worry as they will do everything sui sui (typical) before handing over the bike and with a one month warranty...

make sure that He nr carrot head chop you... things which he said that had been change. do check it again. Best to bring a phantom rider with you.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Hi jtzx,

Thanks alot for your response. However just curious if there is such charges called agreement fee?? Has been a long time since I ride so I am not sure if there is such practice if buying a 2nd hand bike from shop..

Anyway is there any particular area to look out for (area which may cause serious prob and diff to rectify) as I only have a friend who is riding but is rather new too.. :cry:

Hi jtzx,

Thanks alot for your response. However just curious if there is such charges called agreement fee?? Has been a long time since I ride so I am not sure if there is such practice if buying a 2nd hand bike from shop..

Anyway is there any particular area to look out for (area which may cause serious prob and diff to rectify) as I only have a friend who is riding but is rather new too.. :cry:

as the agreement implies...u have signed an agreement/contract with the shop..

hire purchase, takeover bike coi, and other ancillary work like ownrship transfer etc..it is juat a term used in work done and the contract drawn out.

personally i have not deal with any shop...their fees are just too much..

Icic.. So there isn't anyway to avoid this fee if getting from the shop lor :cry:

pay cash...no coi, no hire purchase...just buy bike and do transfer..get your own insurance (u can get insurance just by quoting bike plate no..from any insurance coy or dealers..)than u will billed for bike price+transfer fees+ their fees(if any)..then u can decide whether total price is acceptable to u..

buy from private parites ..the best...meet at LTA and do transfer..get insurance before hand.

hsaahahah...carrot lah...unles with many other parts to be changed..

hey guys timing chain how much to replace??

timing chain is less then $100 bucks for sure.. carrot cake chop 100%

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

hi all, my bike cannot start, so i bring to motor shop & he said the timing chain break liao & quote me $350...is it eXp???

Timing chain snap ? On the move ?

If so, your bike is likely to suffered from a damage valve and/or piston.

When timing chain breaks, the cam will stop spinning and the piston could hit the open valves since there is no chain to regulate them.

As below is an illustrated example :D

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/camshaft-damage.jpg

Check what are the parts necessary to replace.

Most likely you need a good overhaul.

Good luck~

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......