SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

matt black gives me the impression that the vehicle look like an aftermath of a crash. parts taken from scrapyard mixed and matched, then either from scrapyard it was already matt black or aerosol sprayed black by workshop.

no offense to any1.. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..

just my 2 cents worth.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you teach me change how to change to pillion eagle footrest? it seems e screws used to connect my originAL footrests are not detachable, tied knotts

I don't understand... can you post a picture of the bolt of your pillion foot rest...?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

UNABLE TO START MY DAD'S PHANTOM AFTER WASHING IT.din touch the engine,just wiped it with a damp cloth.was able to start just before. tried push starting it gazillion times din work.push-started till battery became weak.not sure what the problem is!help!!!dad needs it for work tmr!!

hmmm... push start doesn't use the battery... are you referring to pressing the starter button...? that would actually be electric start...

no matter...

1. was the killswitch engaged...? its located at the right side of the handlebar and it says "engine stop". the switch should be flush with the controls for the engine to run.

2. when you turn the key to "on", is there head light and neutral indicator...? if no, your fuse is probably blown... you would need to replace the fuse.

3. your spark plug cap might be spoilt... when its spoilt in the presence of water it will kill the engine... maybe you can try starting the bike later when it has dried...

if all things fail... push starting should work... but you must learn how to do it... your dad should know how to... so if you couldn't start it in the end, just inform him about his bike... he should be able to remedy it (even if it means he is so gonna kill you)

:cheers:

Dear PK bros,

Need ur advice..

I am looking for phantom TA200 when came across from a shop,

Plate FW, COE till 2013 cost $2580 inclusive of insurance, COI $100 for 2years with downpayment of $600/-

Is worth it?

Pls help..

Thanks in advanced!

Honda Phantom 200

Suzuki Gsr 400

Yamaha Rxz

Dear PK bros,

Need ur advice..

Plate FW, COE till 2013 cost $2580 inclusive of insurance, COI $100 for 2years with downpayment of $600/-

Is worth it?

Pls help..

Thanks in advanced!

might as well buy a phantom from the forum! :cheeky:

Dear PK bros,

Need ur advice..

Is worth it?

Pls help..

Thanks in advanced!

thats crazy. check out the garage section. have phantoms a little over 1.2k

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

matt black gives me the impression that the vehicle look like an aftermath of a crash. parts taken from scrapyard mixed and matched, then either from scrapyard it was already matt black or aerosol sprayed black by workshop.

no offense to any1.. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..

just my 2 cents worth.

Unless its a Night Rod Special :angel:

Can you teach me change how to change to pillion eagle footrest? it seems e screws used to connect my originAL footrests are not detachable, tied knotts

Originally,there should be pins like a grenage. You are supposed to use them back. If some things is a miss, go to hardcore hardware shops to source for them. goodluck.

hmmm.. that would apply to the night road with 2 gloss orange racing stripes.. then it will look good.. i ever saw a porsche matt black paintwork with gloss black design near the rear of the car, it still looks ugly to me.

just my opinion though.. i believe that porsche owner must have paid alot for his paintwork and loving it.

ok sorry.. this is OT already.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

UNABLE TO START MY DAD'S PHANTOM AFTER WASHING IT.din touch the engine,just wiped it with a damp cloth.was able to start just before. tried push starting it gazillion times din work.push-started till battery became weak.not sure what the problem is!help!!!dad needs it for work tmr!!

batt spoil ba...u push start once...if can start ..engine no prob...then of engine....electic start...if cannot..most likley batt have to change liaoz

hi all, i would to ask is it normal for ta200 to vibrate (as in tank) very jia lat when speedo hit 90km/h+++

coz i send my gf from jurong to sengkang and back jurong

i always "suffer" from post-ride condition.. My fingers and base of feets "feel" numb for a period of time.

hi all, i would to ask is it normal for ta200 to vibrate (as in tank) very jia lat when speedo hit 90km/h+++

i always "suffer" from post-ride condition.. My fingers and base of feets "feel" numb for a period of time.

of course the phantom does vibrate a lot... what you can do is that you change the grips to softer grips (e.g. bmw grips), change to a thicker fully synthetic engine oil, wear better quality gloves, add more rubber to your foot peg, and rewrap your seat with more cushioning

of course the phantom does vibrate a lot... what you can do is that you change the grips to softer grips (e.g. bmw grips), change to a thicker fully synthetic engine oil, wear better quality gloves, add more rubber to your foot peg, and rewrap your seat with more cushioning

thank god, its normal. i tot my bike is failing me when it vibrate and "roar" above 90km/h

any recommandation for the grips and cushioning? i new pretty new to pk haven done my 1st EO yet..

thank god, its normal. i tot my bike is failing me when it vibrate and "roar" above 90km/h

any recommandation for the grips and cushioning? i new pretty new to pk haven done my 1st EO yet..

wahh... you haven't changed your engine oil yet...? you must have it changed regularly at roughly every 2000km... or else something very bad is going to happen...

I did mentioned bmw grips... for cushioning you can ride along jalan besar and you would find a number of seat rewrapping shops...

anyway, if the vibrations are this bad, there might be some parts that need to be replaced... do get a reputable mechanic to have a look at your bike soon...

wahh... you haven't changed your engine oil yet...? you must have it changed regularly at roughly every 2000km... or else something very bad is going to happen...

I did mentioned bmw grips... for cushioning you can ride along jalan besar and you would find a number of seat rewrapping shops...

anyway, if the vibrations are this bad, there might be some parts that need to be replaced... do get a reputable mechanic to have a look at your bike soon...

my previous owner say can change EO ard 3kkm, now 2kkm+ planning to service at planet this wkend hope i dun get holan there haha..

erm, bmw grips can get from wer ar? ah koon's?

my previous owner say can change EO ard 3kkm, now 2kkm+ planning to service at planet this wkend hope i dun get holan there haha..

erm, bmw grips can get from wer ar? ah koon's?

you can get bmw grips from bmw's dealer... perf***ance m****...

wahh 2k+ km... you should change that real soon... and dun forget to let ah chong try riding your bike around... its best to have him try it... :smile:

Edited by VidaK

check your clutch/springs..may need adjustment/replacement.

cltuch plates wear.....will end up in massagi ride...:angel:

especially at u know where.:cheers:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

what are the chances to pass inspection with my Highbeam only Bullet headlight???

lazy chANGE here change there lehz..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

what are the chances to pass inspection with my Highbeam only Bullet headlight???

lazy chANGE here change there lehz..

lta inspection dont care about head lamp lights..as long as there is light..haha

anyway always fail the head lamp lights test on my bike and still pass...

during the test you will be ask to turn on low beam and then high beam...the monitor will ask you to do it...so you turn on high beam and act blur lah...even on low beam test...maybe you can get away..:angel:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

lta inspection dont care about head lamp lights..as long as there is light..haha

anyway always fail the head lamp lights test on my bike and still pass...

during the test you will be ask to turn on low beam and then high beam...the monitor will ask you to do it...so you turn on high beam and act blur lah...even on low beam test...maybe you can get away..:angel:

lol... "simi high beam...?" :confused:

:cheeky: