SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wa... stun... 3k after repairs or what?? think they chop till cannot chop...

Before repair.

During that time my gear 5 got funny sound liao, but i dont know cuz i tot it is normal. After 1 month, piston chui, they said i nvr top up EO (Bullshit), changing piston is $380, but they say they absorb half, so I just need to pay $190, then after that charge me GST again, ended up paying around $200.

Only recently then realise the cost price of phantom pistol is only $27. So dishonest lor that shop. :angry:

But at least now i learnt liao, before doing any purchase, better ask the brothers and sisters here. :)

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

the information that your eyes transmitted to your brain are absolutely correct. I really kena tok by that shop. So furious after i know the truth.. :(

ok. i hope my initial reaction didnt make you feel any worse. hope you can solve your bike problems asap.

i advise is to go plan*t and let them have a thorough check. solve it once and for all.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Before repair.

During that time my gear 5 got funny sound liao, but i dont know cuz i tot it is normal. After 1 month, piston chui, they said i nvr top up EO (Bullshit), changing piston is $380, but they say they absorb half, so I just need to pay $190, then after that charge me GST again, ended up paying around $200.

Only recently then realise the cost price of phantom pistol is only $27. So dishonest lor that shop. :angry:

But at least now i learnt liao, before doing any purchase, better ask the brothers and sisters here. :)

lol... well... yes the actual piston is cheap... it is the workmanship required for the overhaul that is expensive...

ok. i hope my initial reaction didnt make you feel any worse. hope you can solve your bike problems asap.

i advise is to go plan*t and let them have a thorough check. solve it once and for all.

yea... p*anet is a nice place to be... let ah chong (the boss) ride your bike and see if he has any comments... :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

No worry bro. I only DL that shop only. :)

2 month ago my gear 5 totally chui, cannot shift, so I send to repair at a shop in AMK recommended by my friend.

He showed me many parts need to change.

After all the overhauling, i spent $569 for that.

Now my bike idle sound is so nice, and so so so smooth.

Not sure if the overhaul price is exp, but at least he has done a great job. :)

No worry bro. I only DL that shop only. :)

2 month ago my gear 5 totally chui, cannot shift, so I send to repair at a shop in AMK recommended by my friend.

He showed me many parts need to change.

After all the overhauling, i spent $569 for that.

Now my bike idle sound is so nice, and so so so smooth.

Not sure if the overhaul price is exp, but at least he has done a great job. :)

thats nice... but I hope you have run-in your engine properly!

lol... now i wondering which shop you went to... so powerful one...

LOL, is a well known bike shop in singapore, 3 letters one. :)

yea... p*anet is a nice place to be... let ah chong (the boss) ride your bike and see if he has any comments...

Heard alot of good compliments from P*anet. Will surely go there one day. Anyway i have already overhauled my bike :)

but now vidak got a super brand new and good bike... can fly somemore

What bike is Bro VidaK is riding now? :)

LOL, is a well known bike shop in singapore, 3 letters one. :)

Heard alot of good compliments from P*anet. Will surely go there one day. Anyway i have already overhauled my bike :)

What bike is Bro VidaK is riding now? :)

omg... that shop... I would only go there for dyno runs... nothing more... some of their practises disgust me... :sian:

hmmm... don't be mistaken by jtzx's post... my bike is old... well its the one in my signature...

of course it is a phantom... :smile:

Ya, now i ride very very gentle, any tips on how to let engine run-in? :)

awww...

I would ride my bike hard... hard acceleration and hard engine braking through the gears repeatedly, while avoiding opening the throttle fully... it is very much like riding a horse...

this method, is known as hard run-in... but ultimately it is your own preference on how you want to run-in your bike... :smile:

awww...

I would ride my bike hard... hard acceleration and hard engine braking through the gears repeatedly, while avoiding opening the throttle fully... it is very much like riding a horse...

this method, is known as hard run-in... but ultimately it is your own preference on how you want to run-in your bike... :smile:

I see! Is dragging gear advisable? I was being told by the uncle that 4th gear must reach 80km/hr, then can shift to gear 5, and for gear 5 dont exceed 110km/hr first.

I see! Is dragging gear advisable? I was being told by the uncle that 4th gear must reach 80km/hr, then can shift to gear 5, and for gear 5 dont exceed 110km/hr first.

gear 4 to reach 80km/h (phantom speedo) is ok... but gear 5 to reach... 110km/h... that is too much... about 100km/h should go up to gear 6 already...

Woah! $3k is like buying 2 bikes from the Phantom forum! :eek:

For people who want their bike to be super noisy, drain out all the engine oil, confirm piston jam, inside everything break, and you can hear the biggest, loudest noise from the engine, like you never heard before. (or want to hear from again)

But be warned, it's $500 per pop! :lol:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

anyone has any idea on how can i make my ride noisier..

my neighbour recently got a shadow nd he says my ta200 is noisier thn his shadow but i wanna make mine lagi noisy!

advice nd tips pls! :angel:

you can modify your exhaust pipe... to make it into a "tong" pipe... but of course it would not be legal anymore...

Hi Guys,

Where can i get a full set of tools?

Secondly, if i cannot kick to 5th and 6th gear does it means that its chui liao? If so hows the repairs and cost like?

Thanks!

maybe you can assemble your toolkit at a dit shop... or mustafa...

if your bike has no gear 5 & 6... yes it is probably very chui... the repairs would cost maybe $500...?

Hi Bros and Sis,

Please advice where can I purchase TA200 car plate light bulb?

Any idea how much will it costs?

Thanks!!

License plate bulb Is a T10 bulb...u can get it anywhere as long as its automotive shop it'll sell... price from $1-$5 also have....

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

you can modify your exhaust pipe... to make it into a "tong" pipe... but of course it would not be legal anymore...

maybe you can assemble your toolkit at a dit shop... or mustafa...

if your bike has no gear 5 & 6... yes it is probably very chui... the repairs would cost maybe $500...?

Really ar? Phantom must have 6th gear de har? My one all along only 5 gears only, and today when i try 5th gear speed > 92km/hr, I can feel its like vibrating hard le (some gear grinding sounds occur), and when it reaches 100km/hr, vibration is more, and bike speeds seems to be inconsistent, like no strenght like that, i just overhauled only, these really scares me..any idea why?? :(