SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my fren's bike exhaust is tong one if i not wrong. cause he bougt from shop n one of e days he went back to change eo, he saw e owner, then e owner told him e pipe is tong one, thats why accelerate faster abit...

n honestly, the sound i dun think very loud, it sound just like my bike but e hollow sound is more obvious, thats all... not close to motor boat, haha. :)

personally 90km/hr is the good speed... But now your's is a virgin engine, i suggest you stay to 70-80km/hr can le.. dun screw your bike so fast ;-)

grinding sound? from where?? check chain got slack anot..

the sound seems to be right below my my oil tank... :(

today raining, tmr will send my bike to the shop to check again.

Btw, must ride 70 - 80km/hr for how long?

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

my bike i rode 60-70km/hr for first 500km, then go change eo, then next 500km, 70-80km/hr, then change eo again, then after that i rode at 90-100km/hr... :)

eh sorry guys where is planet? thinking of overhauling engine? i'm the 6th owner and the previous owner cannot remember when he did his last overhaul or change engine oil..

kinda inexperienced so i don't really know whether it's ok or not..just passed inspection..but i get rattling noises from the chain sometimes..esp when im throttling a little a higher gear(while approaching traffic light)...

didn't know i had 6 gears haha..just found out..

Edited by wesone3

22/10/2009--20/01/2010 TA-150

20/01/2010--28/08/2010 KSR-110

28/08/2010--??? NSR *wink* *wink*

Hi, my job takes me out of the country for 4-5 days each time rather frequently. Afterwhich, I would have a difficult time getting my bike to start. Are there any ways we can prevent this? I know this might be a common question and I did try to use the search function but have not been successful. Would appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

hmm...are you using a 150 or 200?

-perhaps it's because the engine is cold(esp for 150)?

-might be a dying battery?...

i had the same problem recently turned out to be the CDI..got a replacment and all is fine..

22/10/2009--20/01/2010 TA-150

20/01/2010--28/08/2010 KSR-110

28/08/2010--??? NSR *wink* *wink*

Your bike new or 2nd hand?

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Hi, my job takes me out of the country for 4-5 days each time rather frequently. Afterwhich, I would have a difficult time getting my bike to start. Are there any ways we can prevent this? I know this might be a common question and I did try to use the search function but have not been successful. Would appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

Use your choke.

If not your somewhere along your carb might be choked.

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

hmm.. regards to sound.. from my understanding is either chain or piston problem ... my Bike do produce music when traveling 80km/hr (nr trottle)..

this is what ahchong from planet told me....

someone correct me if i'm wrong..

eh sorry guys where is planet? thinking of overhauling engine? i'm the 6th owner and the previous owner cannot remember when he did his last overhaul or change engine oil..

kinda inexperienced so i don't really know whether it's ok or not..just passed inspection..but i get rattling noises from the chain sometimes..esp when im throttling a little a higher gear(while approaching traffic light)...

didn't know i had 6 gears haha..just found out..

lolz.... ubi road.. i think you can use the search function to get his address.. Vidak recently post a map on how to get there..

let ahchong test ride will be a good idea ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

dun need to dig up the post... here is the map... :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_991007228l.jpg

yea... letting ah chong ride your bike would be the easiest solution :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

dun need to dig up the post... here is the map... :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_991007228l.jpg

yea... letting ah chong ride your bike would be the easiest solution :cheeky:

Hi vidak, your map is amazing. is it a paper map ? Google map is not detail like this. Can you share with us if it is electronic map and where do get it ?

Hi vidak, your map is amazing. is it a paper map ? Google map is not detail like this. Can you share with us if it is electronic map and where do get it ?

it is off a software... called mapsource... if you have a garmin gps you would get the software as well... :smile:

hmm.. regards to sound.. from my understanding is either chain or piston problem ... my Bike do produce music when traveling 80km/hr (nr trottle)..

this is what ahchong from planet told me....

someone correct me if i'm wrong..

chain and piston is new. before my last gear chui, i also experienced this grinding sound between 92km - 98km. Now overhauled liao, still experienced, sianz...

anyway, is there any guidelines on how long i should let my engine run-in? I am now restricting myself not to exceed 90km/hr.

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

anyway, is there any guidelines on how long i should let my engine run-in? I am now restricting myself not to exceed 90km/hr.

From quote of phantom manual

" RUNNING-IN

Help assure your motorcycle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you ride during the first 500km (300 miles).

During this period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration."

Hope you understand.:cheers:

"We all have ability. The difference is how we use it."

my break pad went botak aftr less thn a month.. T-T

is hard breaking th reason? (front break)

wow... that should be because that the brakepad is of low quality... normally a brakepad won't last this short even when there is a lot of hard braking...

hello all,

while reading the phantom manual i saw this page on crankcase breather.

what is it used for?

if I am not wrong, it is for air to move in and out of the engine oil sump, so that the engine would not be over pressurised when the piston is at the lowest point... its existence is also why engine oil can leak out of the bike when the bike is sideways... and that engine oil "disappear" over time even from engines is good condition :cheers:

chain and piston is new. before my last gear chui, i also experienced this grinding sound between 92km - 98km. Now overhauled liao, still experienced, sianz...

for the first 1.5k, try not not exceed 90km/hr.. go slow and steady...

just to play safe lahz... if not you can follow manual. 500km

my break pad went botak aftr less thn a month.. T-T

is hard breaking th reason? (front break)

lol.. that fast?? mine 5 oil change then change one time... approx around there.

From quote of phantom manual

" RUNNING-IN

Help assure your motorcycle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you ride during the first 500km (300 miles).

During this period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration."

Hope you understand.:cheers:

runnng in need patients too... So best to quickly clear run in periods.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022