SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

OMG. I just did servicing the other day and today when I came home to park my bike, the moment I off engine and got off the bike I heard like boiling sounds near the right side (should be engine oil?) And then what shocked me is liquid started splashing out!! Damn scary!

I am quite sure is engine oil because it was kinda sticky. But cannot confirm because I never really see where it got splashed out from. Temp light did not light up, I checked the coolant, level was way above the "Upper" line (almost filled the whole tank), colour was only a little bluish. Is it because top up too much coolant??

edit: After reading up, seems to be a coolant/overheating problem? But I did open up to check, coolant level still full, colour still bluish... Does this mean the coolant hose inside rust already?

Edited by Zarrias

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG. I just did servicing the other day and today when I came home to park my bike, the moment I off engine and got off the bike I heard like boiling sounds near the right side (should be engine oil?) And then what shocked me is liquid started splashing out!! Damn scary!

I am quite sure is engine oil because it was kinda sticky. But cannot confirm because I never really see where it got splashed out from. Temp light did not light up, I checked the coolant, level was way above the "Upper" line (almost filled the whole tank), colour was only a little bluish. Is it because top up too much coolant??

edit: After reading up, seems to be a coolant/overheating problem? But I did open up to check, coolant level still full, colour still bluish... Does this mean the coolant hose inside rust already?

Coolant level must lie between upper and lower marks

Hi Guys,

Im currently riding a super 4 spec 3 and am facing a problem with my HISS ignition. My key happened to broke into half this past weekend. However, the disconcerting thing is that my bike has no HISS light blinking after that. Does that mean my ignition starter is spoilt? Can I just try to make a duplicate of the key?

Hi Everyone,

I need advice. While I was riding my super 4 spec 2 few hours ago. Suddenly my speedometer's light & meter went off. Headlight was on but signal lights left & right fails. It just like black out. Funny part is I still can ride (but don know the speed at all) & also found out that the HISS's light do blink every few seconds.

I'm very worry whether is the Honda system's faulty or is just a wiring problem due to washing the bike.

Need advice..

~Jeff~

Hi Everyone,

I need advice. While I was riding my super 4 spec 2 few hours ago. Suddenly my speedometer's light & meter went off. Headlight was on but signal lights left & right fails. It just like black out. Funny part is I still can ride (but don know the speed at all) & also found out that the HISS's light do blink every few seconds.

I'm very worry whether is the Honda system's faulty or is just a wiring problem due to washing the bike.

Need advice..

Depends on whether u tryin top speed or not... If u are, if u throttle and no response, high chance it's your piston seized or your cdi shorted cos of the high rpm... If not it's most probably the wiring contact loosened causing the lights to go out... Also possible your cdi need to replace soon...

Hi Everyone,

Need advice..

Dunno why electrical problems is a trademark for Honda bikes.

Yesterday, I parked my bike at an open car park from early afternoon till night time. It was raining around evening time and the rain was quite heavy.

After the rain stopped, I started my bike and I heard a weird noise coming out from the left side of my bike. It sounds like there were sands grinding inside. I can't really pinpoint which part but the noise was quite noticeable.

I thought it was because the bike hasn't warmed up yet so I twist and hold throttle(to 2RPM) for a few seconds.

I then noticed that my bike wasn't charging like it should. My coil was less than a year old.

I waited for a while but the bike still wasn't charging then I decided to ride it back home first.

After riding for 5 minutes, I stopped at a traffic light and was trying to listen if the noise was still around.

Amazingly, the noise was gone and my voltmeter shows that the charging is back to normal!

What could have happened? Water went into the alternator ?????

I am riding a spec 1.

Please advise. Thank yoooooooooooou!

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

Hi all.....I'm currently riding spec 2......i'm looking if any of u all have a 2nd hand set of speedometer and voltmeter as the pin for my bike to reset the millage has broke again and the films are melting so I cannot reset my millage now and also cannot see my time, fuel left, etc.....I can be contacted at 98421247.....thank you.....

Depends on whether u tryin top speed or not... If u are, if u throttle and no response, high chance it's your piston seized or your cdi shorted cos of the high rpm... If not it's most probably the wiring contact loosened causing the lights to go out... Also possible your cdi need to replace soon...

Hey Bro,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your advice. Lucky it was the fuse & wiring problems.

~Jeff~

Guys recently my bike was exposed to very heavy rain at work when usually i cover with canvas. Then when i start my bike its like normal. Few minutes later the temp light is on and my fuel guage is showing full when i know its not. What could be the prob? The meter itself or juat wiring? Riding spec 1 btw..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I've a problem with my super four vtec 2. I notice that my bike idling rpm has been inconsistent lately. Its usually idling at 1200-1300rpm but now its going as high as 2000rpm. Doea anyone of u guys have any idea what's wrong with my bike?

When was the last time u serviced your carburetor? Maybe it's time to wash it again...

Guys recently my bike was exposed to very heavy rain at work when usually i cover with canvas. Then when i start my bike its like normal. Few minutes later the temp light is on and my fuel guage is showing full when i know its not. What could be the prob? The meter itself or juat wiring? Riding spec 1 btw..

Fuel gauge full or temperature gauge full?

Stainless steel header still available @$200... Can fit most super four... Except revo... Lol... Bought on impulse from a fellow forumer cos i thought it would fit my cbr... Never install cos my mech said it's only for pickup and not top speed... Got myself another header so I'm selling this off... SMS me 96581357...

Fuel gauge broo. The temp is light up. Both happen at the same time..

Hmm... This I not very sure... But temperature rise alot, got possibility your coolant seal broke and the coolant mixed with your engine oil... U can check your engine oil and see what color?

Hi guys,

I've a problem with my super four vtec 2. I notice that my bike idling rpm has been inconsistent lately. Its usually idling at 1200-1300rpm but now its going as high as 2000rpm. Doea anyone of u guys have any idea what's wrong with my bike?

Likely overheating problem..chck ur eo and coolant level. There is an eo out there that can dried out or dropped drastically.sorry, no name mentioned here.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Dear all Cb400 riders!

I have imported a CB400SF in Europe, and I am trying to homologate it in order to be allowed to ride in Europe however I have some issue concerning the Headlight. I was wondering if anyone could help me.

The CB400SF is sold only in left-hand driving country (Japan, Australia and Singapore) however in Europe we drive on the Right side (right-hand driving). Does anyone know if the headlight of the CB400SF is symmetrical OR if the headlight direction is for a Left-hand driving country ?

Also this is a less important issue, but the headlight does not have a "E" making label on it ("E" circled)... however there is a "DOT" marking. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks

Jerome

I'm troubleshooting my charging system. Seems that it's not right.

What's the problem here? Battery fully charged. Coil replaced six months ago.

Battery at rest - 12.67V

Ignition on - 12.3V

Idling at 1300rpm - 12.1~12.2V

4-5000rpm - 12.8~12.9V

Checked with multimeter.