SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

YZF-R15 rider, GATHER!!!

garfieldrox

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest IceLkipz
there is already a singapore group for this bike

Just like that? Any further details so that I can show my support too afterall, there are not many of us on the road.

Edited by IceLkipz

Just like that? Any further details so that I can show my support too afterall, there are not many of us on the road.

Just a little history about our small but strong and steady team of riders. We are called Team-R Series, consisting of riders riding the R15 and also R125. Our main organiser, Max started this team from scratch. After all the fortnight meetups, the rides to Desaru, Kulai and Pasir Gudang, the group has grown. From a small group, it has now grown to at least 19++ members strong. If you have the latest copy of Motor Culture, we are all featured inside. :) Our Team R Series facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001994839198. So do visit and give us your support ya? Hopefully, we will resume planning the fornight meetups in order to meet new riders that wish to join us. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/fuzzywuz85/IronBee3.jpg

Dress Not For The Ride, But Dress For The Fall

i think there are many of us on the road just that we don't acknowledge each other? :-P my block here already have 4 r15 and are of different colours and ridden by age range from 22 - 36?

thanks for all the advise, i wash/clean my chain and spray it once every three weeks. it that good enough? and regarding what bro Ice says about changing of oil each month sound fierece to me and seems it's gonna tear/burn a deep hole in the pocket! no offence bro ice! ^^

Well, to be honest, seems like you take care of your chain better than me! hehe well done bro! =) I only spray the chain like once a few weeks..Or everytime after kena rain.. =) As for E.O, I do not go by the month, but more like by the distance travelled. Currently, its about 5000-7000km travelled, than I change.. :)

My advice, follow the service manual until you finish your free servicings. Then after that, change @ your own comfort, but try not to exceed 10,000km for every EO change. :)

Just a little history about our small but strong and steady team of riders. We are called Team-R Series, consisting of riders riding the R15 and also R125. Our main organiser, Max started this team from scratch. After all the fortnight meetups, the rides to Desaru, Kulai and Pasir Gudang, the group has grown. From a small group, it has now grown to at least 19++ members strong. If you have the latest copy of Motor Culture, we are all featured inside. :) Our Team R Series facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001994839198. So do visit and give us your support ya? Hopefully, we will resume planning the fornight meetups in order to meet new riders that wish to join us. :)

upzz for Team-R Series +1

Well, to be honest, seems like you take care of your chain better than me! hehe well done bro! =) I only spray the chain like once a few weeks..Or everytime after kena rain.. =) As for E.O, I do not go by the month, but more like by the distance travelled. Currently, its about 5000-7000km travelled, than I change.. :)

My advice, follow the service manual until you finish your free servicings. Then after that, change @ your own comfort, but try not to exceed 10,000km for every EO change. :)

haha, wish to keep the bike up to its max health as long as possible. but recently i keep hearing chain sound when i ride. don't know what's the issue. take it back to Excel Cycle for inspection but they say nothing wrong but still worries me. hence will be heading down to Hong Leong for another round of inspection as suggested by one of the brother here.

ohoh! you meant go by mileage? like every 2km change? thanks for sharing with me. :)

haha, wish to keep the bike up to its max health as long as possible. but recently i keep hearing chain sound when i ride. don't know what's the issue. take it back to Excel Cycle for inspection but they say nothing wrong but still worries me. hence will be heading down to Hong Leong for another round of inspection as suggested by one of the brother here.

ohoh! you meant go by mileage? like every 2km change? thanks for sharing with me. :)

No bro, currently, I change E.O. about 5000km - 7000km..minimum is 5000km then I go change. If I feel still ok, (or if $ not yet enough! hehe) then I'll change @ 7000km. Its good to keep a record of when you changed E.O, change the chain & sprockets, spark plugs, oil filter etc etc. Good for records! =)

With regards to the chain, I'll be changing soon as now it gets loose more often. I'm using a roller-chain type currently, thus the 'lifespan' is shorter and needs to be changed regularly; like perhaps every 5000km or so. As mentioned above, a DID O-ring type of chain should have a longer lifespan as compared to a roller-chain, but haha cost more la of course. :)

Lol then think I very Kia su sia. T_T I very 1000-1500km

Go Change e.o already.and after

5000km need change chain ar?my friends has 20000km but still using stock chain. :/

if i am not wrong, the changing of chain happens only when it can't be tighten any more and the teeths are getting sharper? correct me if i am wrong.

No bro, currently, I change E.O. about 5000km - 7000km..minimum is 5000km then I go change. If I feel still ok, (or if $ not yet enough! hehe) then I'll change @ 7000km. Its good to keep a record of when you changed E.O, change the chain & sprockets, spark plugs, oil filter etc etc. Good for records! =)

With regards to the chain, I'll be changing soon as now it gets loose more often. I'm using a roller-chain type currently, thus the 'lifespan' is shorter and needs to be changed regularly; like perhaps every 5000km or so. As mentioned above, a DID O-ring type of chain should have a longer lifespan as compared to a roller-chain, but haha cost more la of course. :)

oh! understoood! ^^

my wheel seems to produce rusty sound and so does my chain which keep producing sound like of mountain bike gears? going to let Hong Leong inspect first, then decided if need to change chain? what chain are you going to change this time round?

Edited by chiaph

Lol then think I very Kia su sia. T_T I very 1000-1500km

Go Change e.o already.and after

5000km need change chain ar?my friends has 20000km but still using stock chain. :/

Hmm I'm not sure if that's considered kiasu bro; I mean if its for the better, than why not right? :)

Does your friend bring pillion? For my case, I everyday bring pillion, and everyday travel long distances; thus the chain gets loose very fast; so that's why I change my chain every 5000km or so..:)

if i am not wrong, the changing of chain happens only when it can't be tighten any more and the teeths are getting sharper? correct me if i am wrong.

Yup correct! :)

my wheel are make funny sound when they speed and so i my chain... going to let Hong Leong inspect first, then decided if need to change chain? what chain are you going to change this time round?

I'll be changing back to the one I was using before the current one. Its 428H Gold, 132L, O-Ring Moto Chain JHH, together with front & rear sprockets (15T & 42T respectively). :)

Brothers, did anyone of you mount the IU units on the handle itself? Am Curious because I am thinking of moving it to the top. Mine is currently by the side and I have difficulty going pass some car park gantry

and how long are our bike warranty?

Guest IceLkipz
how much is this AF retuning thing?

Wing Yup @ Balestier branch promotional price period is $50 for 2 sessions. After the promotion ends,its $80 for 2 sessions.

* Tips: If u are using normal shaped air filter regardless of K&N or BMC with its stock air box unit attached and with an aftermarket exhaust pipe,then tuned to MAXIMUM C10.

If u are using cone shape air filter,direct mounting without the stock air box unit attached and with an aftermarket exhaust pipe,then tuned between C15-C20 Maximum.

Brothers, did anyone of you mount the IU units on the handle itself? Am Curious because I am thinking of moving it to the top. Mine is currently by the side and I have difficulty going pass some car park gantry

and how long are our bike warranty?

Try mounting it on the right side of the bike. IU units use radio waves instead of infared red signal thus it should read unless the device is defective. Send to STA for replacement. Its free of charge.

lol..you disapear, then appear..then disappear again..then appear again..lol where you went this time Desmond? still haven't sell bike yet ah? :)

hi bro... been buzy at work... how are you??? bike havent sell yet ...

welcome to my world of darkness....... HUAT AR!!!!

Guest IceLkipz
thks kipz... u go try it out if still within the promo period.. but why 2 sessions?

First session is Reconfiguring your AF system. U will have the chance to try your bike response and top end. Second session is Zeroing your AF system. U should have optimum performance by this session.

Hmm I wonder if my bike can undergo tje AF tune..my current air filter is a modified Malossi filter..hmm..

Bro,as long as you have done your AF retuning using FI Yamaha Diagnostic & AF kit,you don't need to do another retuning unless you changed your filter,unless or otherwise.

First session is Reconfiguring your AF system. U will have the chance to try your bike response and top end. Second session is Zeroing your AF system. U should have optimum performance by this session.

Bro,as long as you have done your AF retuning using FI Yamaha Diagnostic & AF kit,you don't need to do another retuning unless you changed your filter,unless or otherwise.

Ooh sounds good! :) Can you describe the process in more details bro? Like what they use and where they hook-up the tuning machine to? Thanks!

Guest IceLkipz
Ooh sounds good! :) Can you describe the process in more details bro? Like what they use and where they hook-up the tuning machine to? Thanks!

The FI Yamaha diagnose and AF kit will be wired to your ECU and will display your bike status.Enter the menu and scroll to AF, C section. Stock bikes will read C0 and u can tune Increase + 5 or Decrease -5 of the Air flow to maximum 30.

The FI Yamaha diagnose and AF kit will be wired to your ECU and will display your bike status.Enter the menu and scroll to AF, C section. Stock bikes will read C0 and u can tune Increase + 5 or Decrease -5 of the Air flow to maximum 30.

:) Thank you bro for the detailed explanation! By the way, where is our ECU located ah? Is it under the tank or @ the tail section? :)

hmmm!!! wing yap... think they may be worth visiting after all!

any1 wants to make a trip down together?

in God we trust... all others pay CASH...

11 March 2010: Passed 2B

25 March 2010: FZ 150i (Athena)

06 November 2010: YZF-R125 (Calista)

Living in hope for what tomorrow will bring...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/marcuskoh81/Calista/IMG_0135-1.jpg