SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone just wondering when my bike seems to reset itself izzit due to low battery. I can't start the bike also after days of not even starting my bike. I've tried to charge the battery after trying those car charges and it worked. But lately, sometimes it can be started but sometimes not.

Was wondering izzit the battery problem? Will the battery problem Lead to electronic problems if I keep trying to start my bike and it restarts? And roughly how much to change a battery. R1 08 version. Or izzit the starter problem?

Sorry alot questions, hope u pros here can give me some advice. Thanks

actually the pad is to prevent your pillion from putting too much weight on the seat cowl and also acts more like a cushion rather den your pillion pressing against the ABS plastic which may be uncomfortable for your pillion.

ok bro maybe soon when we all meet up, den i can take a look...thanks : )

ND

Hi everyone just wondering when my bike seems to reset itself izzit due to low battery. I can't start the bike also after days of not even starting my bike. I've tried to charge the battery after trying those car charges and it worked. But lately, sometimes it can be started but sometimes not.

Was wondering izzit the battery problem? Will the battery problem Lead to electronic problems if I keep trying to start my bike and it restarts? And roughly how much to change a battery. R1 08 version. Or izzit the starter problem?

sounds like the dreaded magnet problem which our bikes is well-known for....damange at least 600

ND

Change ur battery. Then ask mech check when started n throttle

Is it charging anot. Going up or going dwn de voltage.

If gg down I think de rectifier or coil need to be change Liao

Cos seems like it's not charging itself already. Faster check it out before it leads to more trouble

Then more deeper pocket u r gonna get already

Straight road tells between the Rich and the Poor.

Corners shows who is the man and the boy.

I'm a boy !

Change ur battery. Then ask mech check when started n throttle

Is it charging anot. Going up or going dwn de voltage.

If gg down I think de rectifier or coil need to be change Liao

Cos seems like it's not charging itself already. Faster check it out before it leads to more trouble

Then more deeper pocket u r gonna get already

I'm a boy !

Oh what's the problem? I've never heard of that, can tell

me more abt it?

if you go to shops who normally do lots of big bikes, the mechanics will tell you that the most common problem about r1 is the magnet.(not the magnet coil) i remember ah chong from planet told me before that one of the faults in the build of the r1 engine is the incredibly small magnet, however that's one of the reasons behind r1's power. ah chong said that the magnet spoils every 2-3years.

ND

hi bro.. can give mi the name of the shop?

cuz i went to HKL 2 check the price of termi, they quote mi $3100 wif y pipe.

but i feel like changing termi cuz look nicer on my R1 2011..

den i am done wif my running in.. den wan change pipe & PC 2gether.

thanx..

Termi is good for L twin engine.

R1 09-11 is an inline engine that runs like L twin.

is the r1 tee still avail?? anyway. i know that r1 heats up really easily. is there any way to solve or mininise this problem? and one more thing. how regularly do you guys service your bike? and is there any recommended shop? sorry for all these noob questions. been out of this bike world for quite long. just scrape my car recently and got my bike. forgive me guys =) cheers!!

You have to go faster to clear the heat.

You make a excellent choice to scrape car and change to bike. cheers.

When u crank start, look at the temp sensor there. When cold engine it shud show a LO. When crank it goes HI LO HI LO, means ur battery anitime soon goin to give way. N when crank theres a different sound too. If its new battery, check for any loose connection on the wire harness... Loose connection can lead to Current leak. Hope this help u dude. :thumb:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3316074269_1d51b46f97.jpg

R u Looking At The Babe Or The Bike o_O

When u crank start, look at the temp sensor there. When cold engine it shud show a LO. When crank it goes HI LO HI LO, means ur battery anitime soon goin to give way. N when crank theres a different sound too. If its new battery, check for any loose connection on the wire harness... Loose connection can lead to Current leak. Hope this help u dude. :thumb:

Bring him go bikeshop sure can solve liao

I'm a boy !

Hi ppl... My R1"07" just failed me... Been riding it for 1yr but last night it fell ill... The engine die off when I comes to stop , next morning can't start also... Brought to southern moto they say my coil$300+, magnet$500+ for coil and rectifier$200+, clutch spring... Please advise... Total they quote me 1.5k...

Hi ppl... My R1"07" just failed me... Been riding it for 1yr but last night it fell ill... The engine die off when I comes to stop , next morning can't start also... Brought to southern moto they say my coil$300+, magnet$500+ for coil and rectifier$200+, clutch spring... Please advise... Total they quote me 1.5k...

Alamak. My bike '04. You '07, problem like that already.

i just kena ticket for speeding. exceeding by 31-40km/h. sucks to get the 8points and $170. sian 1/2.

anyways, just to double confirm, i only got my class2 on 2 november 2010. then now i kena 8 points. then on 2november 2011 i dont get any points back right? have to wait till next year the today then full 24 points right?

A Good Rider Has Balance, Judgment, And Good Timing.....

So Does A Good Lover. :thumb:

i just kena ticket for speeding. exceeding by 31-40km/h. sucks to get the 8points and $170. sian 1/2.

anyways, just to double confirm, i only got my class2 on 2 november 2010. then now i kena 8 points. then on 2november 2011 i dont get any points back right? have to wait till next year the today then full 24 points right?

You would get back your 12 points next this yr November 2011.. Therefore u will be left with 12+4=16points...then next yr when e date of offense pass u will get back your 8points... Ride safe bro...very crucial moment now..

2005 - 2006 = Honda NSR SP 150 - [FU 5**0 A]

2006 - 2011 = Honda RVF 400 NC35 RT - [FR 1**8 Z]

2011 - 2012 = Yamaha YZF R1 '07 - [FBD 5**7 D]

2013 - 2016 = Yamaha YZF R1 '13 - [FBD 5**7 D]

2016 - ???? = - [FBD 5**7 D]

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i467/exhal3r/868_10151222507862568_1993617794_n_zps06419948-1_zpsa74f87ed.jpg

Wow tats chor! Haha

I'm a boy !

Wah so suay ar.. At where tio de??

I'm a boy !

You would get back your 12 points next this yr November 2011.. Therefore u will be left with 12+4=16points...then next yr when e date of offense pass u will get back your 8points... Ride safe bro...very crucial moment now..

thanks for the info bro. gotta be a super safe rider now. =)

A Good Rider Has Balance, Judgment, And Good Timing.....

So Does A Good Lover. :thumb: