SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

Hi ppl... My R1"07" just failed me... Been riding it for 1yr but last night it fell ill... The engine die off when I comes to stop , next morning can't start also... Brought to southern moto they say my coil$300+, magnet$500+ for coil and rectifier$200+, clutch spring... Please advise... Total they quote me 1.5k...

Bro if coil damage, on ur left side sure got burning smell. And wats got to do with the clutch springs??? As wat i know when rectifier spoilt, try look at ur neutral lite. When u rev it abit, the neutral lite shud not be dim. Since ur bike alr cannot start, u got no choice but to ask mechanic for help.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3316074269_1d51b46f97.jpg

R u Looking At The Babe Or The Bike o_O

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all r1 riders. I got two questions to all.

What version are bike shops selling now for brand new r1? '09 or '10?

Anyone know of this M4 slip ons for the above version? And has anyone used it or came across anybody using it?

if i am not wrong most bikeshops should be selling the '10 models by now and M4 slip ons are not street legal ...

Hi ppl... My R1"07" just failed me... Been riding it for 1yr but last night it fell ill... The engine die off when I comes to stop , next morning can't start also... Brought to southern moto they say my coil$300+, magnet$500+ for coil and rectifier$200+, clutch spring... Please advise... Total they quote me 1.5k...

er personally i feel that they didnt bother to check your bike at all. They just want to convenient change all the possibilities at one go and hence the big lump sum. Personally they should check for the battery first, then see if the rectifier is charging, then the coil if all else fails.

By the way as what bro "titanic" says, whats it got to do with the clutch springs??????

Edited by lo-on

What say u :angel:

at adam road towards farrer road. was rushing to school for my presentation luh. ****. late for presentation + kena speeding. damn sian. =(

Must always b Safe de ma. Haha

Straight road tells between the Rich and the Poor.

Corners shows who is the man and the boy.

I'm a boy !

if i am not wrong most bikeshops should be selling the '10 models by now and M4 slip ons are not street legal ...

er personally i feel that they didnt bother to check your bike at all. They just want to convenient change all the possibilities at one go and hence the big lump sum. Personally they should check for the battery first, then see if the rectifier is charging, then the coil if all else fails.

By the way as what bro "titanic" says, whats it got to do with the clutch springs??????

Yea m4 is nice but too bad non legal..

Ya lo cannot start need change clutch spring?

Ever since my bad encounter w southern. I don't really like them Liao

Even thou they produce bike with nice number plate.. No point nice plate $&@% bike

I'm a boy !

change gear at less than 4k rpm and cruise at 6th gear at almost idle throttle, confirm 90km/h or less. Hee hee, save fuel also.:p

Tat will confirm burn his balls

I'm a boy !

hi bros, has ther been any r1 meet ups lately?? i've been riding so long and have nv seen a group of R1s on the roads...

U organize 1 lo.

I'm a boy !

hi bros, has ther been any r1 meet ups lately?? i've been riding so long and have nv seen a group of R1s on the roads...

yea, there's been a new group of r1ders recently(and i'm one of them) i think it would be great if we can do a gathering soon : )

Tat will confirm burn his balls

haha! balls sweaty and sticky :p

at adam road towards farrer road. was rushing to school for my presentation luh. ****. late for presentation + kena speeding. damn sian. =(

wah that road forever got tp camp there.....alot of my friend kena already...even peak hour also they camp there -.- wth....peak hour jam also cannot speed dono why they still camp there...

ND

the reason why we dont organise meetups or outings is that cause always alot of people asks for it but when we organise, they didnt turn up (no offence to all the new riders) .... why not those really interested for meetups organise and i believe those sincere and genuine ones (me included :smile: ) will definitely turn up.

by the way try to organise local meetups that are more relaxing after a hard week's work :angel:

Edited by lo-on

Anybody interested to get headlight protectors for their r1? Any year also have..any colour tint also same price..$45..pm me thanks

r1_04-06.jpg

Edited by Fredd
http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/16/2366334/art_stoner-200x0.jpg

the reason why we dont organise meetups or outings is that cause always alot of people asks for it but when we organise, they didnt turn up (no offence to all the new riders) .... why not those really interested for meetups organise and i believe those sincere and genuine ones (me included :smile: ) will definitely turn up.

by the way try to organise local meetups that are more relaxing after a hard week's work :angel:

very correct :thumb:

last time from alot alot, left with me, u and hottylicious :lol:

now oso dunno where he go... :confused:

July 04 - June 05: Krr 150

Sept 05 - Apr 07: CBR400RRR

Apr 07 - Apr 10: R1

June 10 - July 11: X1

Mar 11 - ???: 1198

Damn! I dono will tio anot. Wan ask u all ar.

I was driving de s350 then I saw ember light I step more!

But I turn I saw red light camera! Then I jam de brake damn hard

But my front stopped on de 3rd line n de camerA did flash. But I nv cross

Lidat consider beat red light Bo? Damn de car so long dono for wad..

I'm a boy !

Damn! I dono will tio anot. Wan ask u all ar.

I was driving de s350 then I saw ember light I step more!

But I turn I saw red light camera! Then I jam de brake damn hard

But my front stopped on de 3rd line n de camerA did flash. But I nv cross

Lidat consider beat red light Bo? Damn de car so long dono for wad..

:lol:

scared rite?

get ready to burn 12 points ok...nahh...just kidding :lol:

the flash usually snapped twice... (one for front tyres and one more time for rear tyres) when u cross the last line (or where the sensors are)...

since u only crossed using your front tyres, it only snapped once thus only capture your car (motionless)...

the 2nd one didnt go off (that captures your plate num).... :smile:

u're lucky....go buy 4D :thumb:

July 04 - June 05: Krr 150

Sept 05 - Apr 07: CBR400RRR

Apr 07 - Apr 10: R1

June 10 - July 11: X1

Mar 11 - ???: 1198

:lol:

scared rite?

get ready to burn 12 points ok...nahh...just kidding :lol:

the flash usually snapped twice... (one for front tyres and one more time for rear tyres) when u cross the last line (or where the sensors are)...

since u only crossed using your front tyres, it only snapped once thus only capture your car (motionless)...

the 2nd one didnt go off (that captures your plate num).... :smile:

u're lucky....go buy 4D :thumb:

How to buy when it nv nv open de.

6877... U see lo today open I treat u eat!

I'm a boy !

True enough :angel:

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/pngming/113.jpg

change gear at less than 4k rpm and cruise at 6th gear at almost idle throttle, confirm 90km/h or less. Hee hee, save fuel also.:p

yeap! shall stick to that for quite a bit. anyways, anyone gonna organize trips up north anytime soon?!?!?!?

A Good Rider Has Balance, Judgment, And Good Timing.....

So Does A Good Lover. :thumb:

Bro if coil damage, on ur left side sure got burning smell. And wats got to do with the clutch springs??? As wat i know when rectifier spoilt, try look at ur neutral lite. When u rev it abit, the neutral lite shud not be dim. Since ur bike alr cannot start, u got no choice but to ask mechanic for help.

Yar just got my bike tdy... Spend 1.5k... Knn... The clutch spring is I highlight one nthingnto do wif the rest... When I clutch in the bike sounds like dry clutch... Sounds cool lolololol.... So outing when? Can I come?? Is 07 invited??

Yar just got my bike tdy... Spend 1.5k... Knn... The clutch spring is I highlight one nthingnto do wif the rest... When I clutch in the bike sounds like dry clutch... Sounds cool lolololol.... So outing when? Can I come?? Is 07 invited??

why not u organise and we will definitely support u :angel: