SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

can i know.. for VerS.. how many L of petrol for Reserve? when i travel until 310km,than i need to switch to Reserve liao, than how much more can i go?

340km???

*-+-* Only The Strong Survive *-+-*

Treasure Or Regret ..

:clapping:就算爱的很累我å´ä¸ä¼šåŽæ‚”

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when i pulled the throttle to pick up speed, the fuel meter goes down but when i go smooth on the throttle, the meter went up.

Maybe the fuel sensor is located at the front of the tank. So when you accelerate, the fuel rushes backwards, thus registering a low reading.

When at cruising speed, there is little motion of the fuel in the tank, thus the correct reading.

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

can i know.. for VerS.. how many L of petrol for Reserve? when i travel until 310km,than i need to switch to Reserve liao, than how much more can i go?

340km???

About the fuel tap,

When the tap is 'normal' (pointing up), then we can ride until the engine dies off (about 300+ km) rite?

Then when switch the tap to 'reserve' (pointing down) the fuel meter should rise a bit and the bike can travel about 50km.

Am I right? Cos' I have never dared to travel until the engine dies off.

btw, when the tap is turned to 'off', by right there should be no more fuel supply to the engine rite? How come my bike could still move (although a short distance, b4 i switched back to 'normal')

About the fuel tap,

When the tap is 'normal' (pointing up), then we can ride until the engine dies off (about 300+ km) rite?

Then when switch the tap to 'reserve' (pointing down) the fuel meter should rise a bit and the bike can travel about 50km.

Am I right? Cos' I have never dared to travel until the engine dies off.

btw, when the tap is turned to 'off', by right there should be no more fuel supply to the engine rite? How come my bike could still move (although a short distance, b4 i switched back to 'normal')

when u turn off the fuel tap,u will stop the petrol from flowing out from the tank,but there r still remaining petrol in the so call "petrol pipe",i am nt sure wat is the name,aft u travel for some distance,the petrol left in the "petrol pipe will be burn out,then ur engine will dies off

Four Wheels Move The Body,Two Wheels Move The Soul

I gotta admit.. I'm starting to love my Ver S. Love the smoothness of travel, the low rumbling tone of the engine, the great pickup and the great fuel consumption! Still have some things to take care of; the rust, lights, paintwork. I'm gonna ask the paintshop guy this Saturday whether he can paint my Ver S with this paintwork:

http://i23.tinypic.com/2yu0y39.jpg

:thumb:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

tell him MBX design. he should know. thats the design NAME.

Honda Rebel 125 (Rebeliah) 2004-2006

Super 4 Ver S (Sephia) 2006-

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/salleh_/S4MHondaman.jpg

Wow.. You mean this type of design has a name? The design is exactly the same as the picture or slightly different? Anyway he told me to bring a photo of the design I want.. So here it is!

ya, as I know that time when the Spec 3 with these design came out, they call it MBX edition. so its a MBX design lor.

I too wanted to respray my bike...but somehow my COE is expiring soon and dunno either to extend or just get another bike...hmmm. Maybe downgrade.. :cry:

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

Too late for Motovation balancers! Took a trip to Motorworld and bought the Hodaka Balancers for $25. Each weighting a hefty 250g, putting my previous balancers to shame.

Went over to Unique Motorsports and put in Engine Ice. The previous coolant was flushed and damn was it brown! The mech say that one not coolant, its milo peng! Lol. They say rusty liao the previous coolant. They really flush the cooling system thoroughly man! Haha Hondaman, now I know where the coolant reservoir, hoses and radiator is. Also changed the radiator cap for $15.

Vibration's minimal at high speeds now, at low speeds can still feel a bit of vibration on the handlebar.

Now for the most important part. I need an Endcan! When I bought it from the previous owner, there's this irritating "zing" metallic sound coming from the exhaust when the RPM passes 3k. Previous owner mentioned that the mech at Unity informed him that all it takes is for the inside tube to be welded, costing $40 and that'd be it.

Took a trip to my personal mech at Alexandra and he told me its not possible to weld since the endcan is aluminium. A stock Honda system (yes its only a full system, they don't sell endcans, no?) would cost me $400!! Not believing him, I went over to Unity and asked them about the welding. They told me no such thing can be done, stock Honda exhaust system would be $500, so it'd be better if I bought an aftermarket endcan like Micron or Yoshi. Argghhh!!

Now, what are my options? Buy a Yoshi or Micron for $400 - $500? Buy a stock Honda exhaust system?

Or should I take a trip to the scrapyard and see what I can find? How much would the scrapyard sell a S4 Honda endcan? Can the stock VTEC endcans be fitted on the Ver S?

I still need to repaint my Ver S!! Arrrghhh!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Getting aftermarket exhaust would be better choice, got resell value. best get full system dont have header rusty problem. look ard in the forum u can get to own 1

Front and back tyres are new Metzeler Sportec M1's 120/60 and 150/80 respectively, so can't be the tyres are worn unevenly. The fork is good, but there's some rust here and there, seal not broken. Tried it again and it still was biased to the right. Kept falling towards the right side whilst freehand. Any idea why?

do you have box ?? this oso contributing factor

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

I gotta admit.. I'm starting to love my Ver S. Love the smoothness of travel, the low rumbling tone of the engine, the great pickup and the great fuel consumption! Still have some things to take care of; the rust, lights, paintwork. I'm gonna ask the paintshop guy this Saturday whether he can paint my Ver S with this paintwork:

http://i23.tinypic.com/2yu0y39.jpg

:thumb:

bro can update me the price of the paintwork u wan,thanks :cheeky:

Four Wheels Move The Body,Two Wheels Move The Soul

Now saw alot of Ver S,Ver R & PB1 using this MBX design liao.

how much to install Givi E450 with rack and base plate on a super 4 version s?

a new set from LAb cost less than $320.best to go Lab early mornin or sunday

mornin n be e 1st customer to get more bargain.on e other hand , can search

around thru garage sales for 2nd stuff.

gd luck!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

if you want it to look nicer then get a new good one lor. if just for the sake of storage n dun mind the outlook, a 2nd hand can be a good one.

Bros, need some information. Where can I get the chrome meter casing? I tried to take out the scratched casing (ex-owner skidded) earlier, however it seemed stuck. There are only 2 screws to take out right? And how much would be the damage?

Anyone can recommend a good rust remover that really works? Location to source it out?

By the way I just topped up engine ice a few days back. The reserve tank on the right side of our bike was filled up to the MAX line by the mech. I checked it earlier and found out that the level has gone down to the middle of the MAX and MIN line. I already straightened the bike off its side stand. Is it inside the radiator? Evaporated? Or engine block leakage? But no coolant spillage anywhere leh..

Thanks! :)

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

a new set from LAb cost less than $320.best to go Lab early mornin or sunday

mornin n be e 1st customer to get more bargain.on e other hand , can search

around thru garage sales for 2nd stuff.

gd luck!!!

$320? So expensive meh?

Anyway why is the website so slow leh?

http://www.th3sh33ps.com/stevensp/1.jpg http://www.th3sh33ps.com/stevensp/2.jpg

Bros, need some information. Where can I get the chrome meter casing? I tried to take out the scratched casing (ex-owner skidded) earlier, however it seemed stuck. There are only 2 screws to take out right? And how much would be the damage?

Anyone can recommend a good rust remover that really works? Location to source it out?

By the way I just topped up engine ice a few days back. The reserve tank on the right side of our bike was filled up to the MAX line by the mech. I checked it earlier and found out that the level has gone down to the middle of the MAX and MIN line. I already straightened the bike off its side stand. Is it inside the radiator? Evaporated? Or engine block leakage? But no coolant spillage anywhere leh..

Thanks! :)

Can get the external casing at FJT for $30.

Coolent go down in a few days? jeng jeng jeng. It could be engine block leakage. just prepare $600++ liao. But if you want to know if its a leakage or not, 1stly take our your tank. then open the radiator cap. then stuck the petrol air intake with your small finger or any lah. then put the engine ice in a little to the top. on engine and rev it till the coolent suck inside. but if there is alot of bubble come out, that means there is a leak. but if there is none, then its ok. suggest you go buy the engine leak powder that car shop sells at $3 per small tube. pour it in quater of it. then put everything back and then you ride till the radiator fan on. by then the powder should have circulated and cover the leak spot. note: this is only temporay and hopefully the leak hole is small. but if its big, then better pay the mech $600 like i did.

By now, you can only go top speed at 140km of less. if not, it will happen like me liao. i suay2 clock 180km and the leak become bigger till the powder also cannot help. Then everytime the rpm went to 6k-6.5k then the bike starts jerking like its coughing. its due to the combustion problem coz the coolent went in. thus the moister interfere. This also will lead to spark plug getting wet and spoilt. I change 4 times liao because of this.

just try the 1st method 1st, then if leak then use the powder. if u cannot find, i still got the powder. can let u some. i also have the liquid one too.

But i may be wrong also. just check with ur mech 1st. :cheeky: :angel:

Bro Hondaman,

To remove the tank, must remove 2 screws first rite (below the front end of the seat)?

Then wats next? Need to unhook some wires? Or just pull back with hard force?

:btw: i saw the other thread on removing the tank, but that's for vtec bikes. I remove my tank using that mehtod

hi anyone here using blitz or lookalike headlights and wish to chnge it to rxz head? thinking of changing mine to that.. =)

D437S Gi-pro Dynamx volt RCS 19 Gianelli W custom SK silencer BMC air filt H&BJr 40L Scottoiler Bridgesport L valve HID Ventura headl PR3 Custom made radiator guard 3M Carbon IU Ohlins YA-041 BMW grips Motovation front fork & rear axle slider Barend slider Titax adjustable clutch Crampbuster Ram Mount W Aquabox USB charger Custom made Sargent Inspired seats@eugene saddlery

Bro Hondaman,

To remove the tank, must remove 2 screws first rite (below the front end of the seat)?

Then wats next? Need to unhook some wires? Or just pull back with hard force?

:btw: i saw the other thread on removing the tank, but that's for vtec bikes. I remove my tank using that mehtod

Yah, close you petrol cork 1st. take out that 2 screws, then take out the petrol tube and the air tube then the petrol gauge connector(on the right). So ok lor like that.

Can get the external casing at FJT for $30.

Coolent go down in a few days? jeng jeng jeng. It could be engine block leakage. just prepare $600++ liao. But if you want to know if its a leakage or not, 1stly take our your tank. then open the radiator cap. then stuck the petrol air intake with your small finger or any lah. then put the engine ice in a little to the top. on engine and rev it till the coolent suck inside. but if there is alot of bubble come out, that means there is a leak. but if there is none, then its ok. suggest you go buy the engine leak powder that car shop sells at $3 per small tube. pour it in quater of it. then put everything back and then you ride till the radiator fan on. by then the powder should have circulated and cover the leak spot. note: this is only temporay and hopefully the leak hole is small. but if its big, then better pay the mech $600 like i did.

By now, you can only go top speed at 140km of less. if not, it will happen like me liao. i suay2 clock 180km and the leak become bigger till the powder also cannot help. Then everytime the rpm went to 6k-6.5k then the bike starts jerking like its coughing. its due to the combustion problem coz the coolent went in. thus the moister interfere. This also will lead to spark plug getting wet and spoilt. I change 4 times liao because of this.

just try the 1st method 1st, then if leak then use the powder. if u cannot find, i still got the powder. can let u some. i also have the liquid one too.

But i may be wrong also. just check with ur mech 1st. :cheeky: :angel:

Haha! Don't scare me bro.. You jeng jeng jeng, like a run-up to a horrifying experience. When the mech was topping up the engine ice through the radiator cap, he revved repeatedly to make sure that it runs through the entire system. I noticed bubbles! I thought that was from the movement of coolant! The mech also didn't say much.

I'll check the level again in one weeks' time. If it remains the same :thumb:

If it touches the minimum line :giddy:

By the way, where is FJT? Does Ah Boy sell the chrome meter cover, since they seem to sell almost everything. And also, does anyone know where to get the Spec III clear headlight assembly? My headlight is rusted, so might as well change the entire assembly.

I notice that I've been asking tons of questions! Thanks everyone for being so patient, kudos especially to Hondaman! You da man, bro! :cheeky:

kudos especially to Hondaman! You da man, bro! :cheeky:

Hondaman is just like a LAUKONG or Xifu in e CB400 non-vtec family.

u guys should see e outcome of his yoshi pipe after a side swipe during

his MotoGP race @ Sepang. :angel:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)