SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

Bros.. Help me out here. Just like gkdozer, I'm looking for either a PB1 or a Ver S.. Seems like the season is over. Looking at a bike with COE ending in 2008, after which I'll decide to renew myself.

Know of anyone? Kindly help so that a fellow Non-VTEC user can join in the S community! My bike is going to be sold off today! No more transport.. :cry:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have the same problem too. whenever my meter reach 100 km/h it start to behave like ur bike, then i discover that my meter wiring got problem.

u can check by goin 90 km/h at 4 gear and c got the same problem if is should be ur speedo meter, if u use 2 or 3 gear and oush ur bike to 5 rpm and got problem mean ur rpm meter shock lor.

juz my 2 cent:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff18/fuzzyhall/15122007.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Daelim Magma 150 ( FEB 2003 - DEC 2003 )

Honda Wave ( DEC 2003 - MAY 2004 )

Suzuki Bandits ( MAY 2004 - FEB 2006 )

Honda Wave ( FEB 2006 - MAY 2006 )

Honda Super 4 Ver R ( MAy 2006 - ?)

:confused: Hi guys, need some advise. I just paid a deposit for a 1 owner coe paid til March 2017 c/w box & bracket plus 2 helmet throw in at S$4.3K OTR from a shop. Condition wise no complaint. Is it too costly or reasonable. I'm stop riding since 10 years ago and doesn't know must about the bike price nowaday.

hi guys, my bike is ok liao.

the problem was rectified by racewerk.

the coolant system was shot and thank god the radiator still ok. jz the water pump and hoses. all cost $360 plus labor and maxima coolant flush.

another problem was the air filter. it was damn dirty. i guess this was part of the problem.

nowadays when at 6th gear and wanna go above 5.5k, it was not a problem but bike would still jerk for one second b4 going up & up further. then, suddenly the engine would get hotter and hotter. i guess this is normal right?

btw, wad is the consequences of riding a bike with a koyak suspension?

wad is the price for a decent suspension? doesn't need to be Showa which costs $999 at boon siew lol.. budget shd be ard $200..

thanks guys for the replies. really appreciated it.

hi guys, my bike is ok liao.

the problem was rectified by racewerk.

the coolant system was shot and thank god the radiator still ok. jz the water pump and hoses. all cost $360 plus labor and maxima coolant flush.

another problem was the air filter. it was damn dirty. i guess this was part of the problem.

nowadays when at 6th gear and wanna go above 5.5k, it was not a problem but bike would still jerk for one second b4 going up & up further. then, suddenly the engine would get hotter and hotter. i guess this is normal right?

btw, wad is the consequences of riding a bike with a koyak suspension?

wad is the price for a decent suspension? doesn't need to be Showa which costs $999 at boon siew lol.. budget shd be ard $200..

thanks guys for the replies. really appreciated it.

i change my rear shock to gazi for 250 at planet, the suspenion not bad.:cheeky: :cheeky:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff18/fuzzyhall/15122007.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Daelim Magma 150 ( FEB 2003 - DEC 2003 )

Honda Wave ( DEC 2003 - MAY 2004 )

Suzuki Bandits ( MAY 2004 - FEB 2006 )

Honda Wave ( FEB 2006 - MAY 2006 )

Honda Super 4 Ver R ( MAy 2006 - ?)

Bros.. Help me out here. Just like gkdozer, I'm looking for either a PB1 or a Ver S.. Seems like the season is over. Looking at a bike with COE ending in 2008, after which I'll decide to renew myself.

Know of anyone? Kindly help so that a fellow Non-VTEC user can join in the S community! My bike is going to be sold off today! No more transport.. :cry:

HAHA... i ain no bike for 1 month already.. still cant find a suitable version s..haha... :cheeky:

Attitude is everything you need

:thumb:

31/10/06 - 12/09/07 FR 7325 B Honda SP

07/11/07 - 03/05/08 FQ 2462 B CB400 version s

10/05/08 - 26/11/08 FR 1206 B CB400 Vtec 1

27/11/08 - 09/01/09 FBA 1784 K Spark 135

07/02/09 - 31/10/09 FL 3809 E CBR 400 RRN

:confused: Hi guys, need some advise. I just paid a deposit for a 1 owner coe paid til March 2017 c/w box & bracket plus 2 helmet throw in at S$4.3K OTR from a shop. Condition wise no complaint. Is it too costly or reasonable. I'm stop riding since 10 years ago and doesn't know must about the bike price nowaday.

Shop price OTR is ard that. But maybe you can ask for $100-200 off. Outlook should be good for this price (e.g. the bike shld be repainted; most 10 yr old bike will look like crap. gauges all shld be workin,etc). Test ride the bike ard the area. But internal engine parts i tink its likely a gamble.. cos it wont be easy to check.

Btw, a forumer says that mkt price for 2017 ver s is ard 2.7k, which will save you quite a lot...

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

Hi MonoWorld,

I've merged ur thread regarding 'Newbie, Ver s' With 'SUPER4 NON-VTEC FAMILY'

u can discuss the matters there..Hope u understand tat it's my job to keep the s4 section clean & tidy :angel:

Regards,

SBF S4 Moderator

Sh|nHwA-

SingaporeBikes.com

Sh|nHwA-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/shinhwa86/Untitled-2.jpg

1986 (Apr)-2005 (Jun): BMW-Turbo (Bus, Mrt, Walk, Turbo Taxi)

2005 (Jun - 2006 (Jul): Honda 150SP

2006 (Jul) - 2013 (Feb): Honda CB400 S4 Spec II.3 (Type R)

2013 (Feb) - ???? : Yamaha FZ1N

♂♀ Loners - Dare To Ride Alone

HAHA... i ain no bike for 1 month already.. still cant find a suitable version s..haha... :cheeky:

Gahhh!! Worst-case scenario. I can't take the bus and mrt for 1 month!! Even though I've survived the past 20 years. Lol. :giddy:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

hi guys, ive been having some problem wit my vers lately. started ever since i changed my sparkplug to ngk g power. problem is sumtimes my bike can start. sumtimes cannot. very intermittent. wat could be d problem? to me the possibilities could be endless? ive listed out a few things below. did i miss out anything?

1 - spark plug cap holder spoilt.

2 - mixture of air n fuel wrong causing too much fuel to flow into carb thus overflowing.

3- rectifier?

4 - battery?

5 - spark plug spoilt?

reali dun want to waste time n go bikeshop as need to leave bike there. my bike is my transport. any1 experience this before. sumtimes got cranking but wont even start. but it will start bt 15 mins later, after opening the throttle,open close choke few times. like trial n error like tat. sigh..

4 - battery?

maybe u can check e positive area of ur battery....it could be e positive terminal got build up of sulphide?...its looks like covered w wax like tt...my bike abruptly on n off while i was riding..happened to my bike...happened in e rain some more...i scrap off the waxy lookin stuff n my bike was great after tt.....hope this can strike off 1 posibility of ur troubleshooting list....

also forgot to put back e grounding wire in the rain coz i also forgot wat was e wire for.....found e bike not so responsiveafter i forgot to put back e wire to e negative terminal......den aftera couple of days....found time to fix it back....n yeay!...my bike was back to noti n responsive as i like it!

hi guys, ive been having some problem wit my vers lately. started ever since i changed my sparkplug to ngk g power. problem is sumtimes my bike can start. sumtimes cannot. very intermittent. wat could be d problem? to me the possibilities could be endless? ive listed out a few things below. did i miss out anything?

2 - mixture of air n fuel wrong causing too much fuel to flow into carb thus overflowing.

3- rectifier?

4 - battery?

5 - spark plug spoilt?

reali dun want to waste time n go bikeshop as need to leave bike there. my bike is my transport. any1 experience this before. sumtimes got cranking but wont even start. but it will start bt 15 mins later, after opening the throttle,open close choke few times. like trial n error like tat. sigh..

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Guys,

Getting my Ver S tonight! FQ-plate, 50th anniversary edition. Tried it out and the engine is very smooth. Now.. What should I do? I don't know how to check the rest of the components. What radiator cap? Coolant? Rectifier?

What are the most important parts to take note of. Parts that could spoil the bike's engine if left untreated. Where and how do I identify the parts and whether it needs replacement? Kindly help a new Non-Vtec user :cheeky:

Hey there, just collected my Version S from a fellow forumer. Old bike, but still packs quite a punch. A great newbie to S4 here, so any tips or help greatly appreciated. Now the questions!

1) After travelling for about 20 minutes, the tank area near the groin gets warm (not hot, just warm), is this normal? I used to ride a cruiser, so I've never gotten this warm feeling down there before.. :cheeky: If its not normal, what are the parts that need servicing?

2) When travelling at about 70km/h, the handlebar vibrates slightly. Not wobbly, but just the low frequency vibration which makes your hands tired after some time. I changed to a S4 to escape the vibrations from the cruiser, now it has followed me! At about 50km/h, I let the handlebar go and it moves straight, so its not the alignment. What needs to be checked?

3) What are the important items to check to prevent overheating or damages to the engine? Ver S engine old liao.. So need to be delicate. Can't afford an overhaul due to ignorance!

Any help/tips appreciated. Thx! :angel:

Hi wadafark,

I had merged ur thread regaring 'Just joined s4 family' with 'SUPER4 NON-VTEC FAMILY'. Hope u can find ur ans here..Guys, pls help our newcomer by ans-ing his qn :thumb: Thx

Regards,

SBF S4 Moderator

Sh|nHwA-

SingaporeBikes.com

Sh|nHwA-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/shinhwa86/Untitled-2.jpg

1986 (Apr)-2005 (Jun): BMW-Turbo (Bus, Mrt, Walk, Turbo Taxi)

2005 (Jun - 2006 (Jul): Honda 150SP

2006 (Jul) - 2013 (Feb): Honda CB400 S4 Spec II.3 (Type R)

2013 (Feb) - ???? : Yamaha FZ1N

♂♀ Loners - Dare To Ride Alone

for number 1....u can get a bottle of waterwetter n a couple of bottles of distilled water.....a bottle of waterwetter can be put in at least 16 bottles of distilled water i tink....i got 1 since 2004 n been changin every 6mths....n e bottle still havent finish....

Hey there, just collected my Version S from a fellow forumer. Old bike, but still packs quite a punch. A great newbie to S4 here, so any tips or help greatly appreciated. Now the questions!

1) After travelling for about 20 minutes, the tank area near the groin gets warm (not hot, just warm), is this normal? I used to ride a cruiser, so I've never gotten this warm feeling down there before.. :cheeky: If its not normal, what are the parts that need servicing?

2) When travelling at about 70km/h, the handlebar vibrates slightly. Not wobbly, but just the low frequency vibration which makes your hands tired after some time. I changed to a S4 to escape the vibrations from the cruiser, now it has followed me! At about 50km/h, I let the handlebar go and it moves straight, so its not the alignment. What needs to be checked?

3) What are the important items to check to prevent overheating or damages to the engine? Ver S engine old liao.. So need to be delicate. Can't afford an overhaul due to ignorance!

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

for number 1....u can get a bottle of waterwetter n a couple of bottles of distilled water.....a bottle of waterwetter can be put in at least 16 bottles of distilled water i tink....i got 1 since 2004 n been changin every 6mths....n e bottle still havent finish....

Waterwetter is for putting in the coolant tank right? Ok where the heck is the coolant tank? Haha.. In the radiator? Is waterwetter better, or is engine ice more recommended?

Gonna get engine ice later on, weld up the internal part of my exhaust as its loose and prolly get a bottle of FP60. :cheeky:

maybe we should meet and i tell ya which is which.haha.

anyways, any of you guys looking or waiting for HODAKA HEAVY BALANCER for super four? the stock in lioa. can go n get it. after 4mths finally the stock came but at Motorworld short street i see left 4 sets lioa. very nice balance feels heavy good for stability on the handlebar.

Price $25

Honda Rebel 125 (Rebeliah) 2004-2006

Super 4 Ver S (Sephia) 2006-

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/salleh_/S4MHondaman.jpg

3- rectifier?

4 - battery?

5 - spark plug spoilt?

U might wanna check on the CARBON STARTER. suggestion, take a small spanner and knock on the carbon starter (the one that look like a cylinder inder the engine). knock its gently a few times and then try it. if cannot also then change liao. price wise around $100.

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

I think this is normal liao.

does ur handle have any balancer? if the handlebar is Honda Original then suggest you get the HODAKA Heavy Balancer. maybe it can put an end on that vibrate. in the past i got that vibration too. i used ah boy balancer which hodaka that time no stock. quite ok lah but now hodaka here liao.hahaha. why hodaka balancer? because most of my touring frens using that balancer and gave great response of stibility.

I got this problem with my bike. my suggestion go n change all of the coolent hose. coolent hose shldnt be soft. if its soft then go change it. I experience this while riding west to tampines. upon reaching there, my hose burst. oh the humiliation when a small kid said "uncle your bike can piss ah?" kanina.

try to change the coolant hose. then check if the bike kept over heating, try change the radiator pump & thermostat. that pump maybe spoiled.

then if coolent still drying fast like less 1 week already dry then get ready $600 liao.hahaha. maybe the block area got leaking and need to be top overhaul.like me :cry:

I think this is normal liao.

does ur handle have any balancer? if the handlebar is Honda Original then suggest you get the HODAKA Heavy Balancer. maybe it can put an end on that vibrate. in the past i got that vibration too. i used ah boy balancer which hodaka that time no stock. quite ok lah but now hodaka here liao.hahaha. why hodaka balancer? because most of my touring frens using that balancer and gave great response of stibility.

I got this problem with my bike. my suggestion go n change all of the coolent hose. coolent hose shldnt be soft. if its soft then go change it. I experience this while riding west to tampines. upon reaching there, my hose burst. oh the humiliation when a small kid said "uncle your bike can piss ah?" kanina.

try to change the coolant hose. then check if the bike kept over heating, try change the radiator pump & thermostat. that pump maybe spoiled.

then if coolent still drying fast like less 1 week already dry then get ready $600 liao.hahaha. maybe the block area got leaking and need to be top overhaul.like me :cry:

Thx Hondaman! I'll make a trip to Motoworld later.. By the way, where is it ah? Haha.. Hodaka balancers. And I have no idea how to check the coolant hose, radiator pump, thermostat? I don't even know where the coolant is stored! Is there a need to remove the fuel tank to check all these parts? :p

One more thing, when I let the handlebar go at about 60kmh, the bike is kinda like biased to the right. Like it keeps leaning to the right, so I have to lean my body to the left to keep it from falling to the right. Any idea why?