SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommend me a helmet

Hi SBF

I need to get a helmet for my girlfriend, below is my specification, if anyone could recommend a shop/brand or even a model to look at it would be helpful.

- Black

- Open face (with visor, slightly tinted?)

- $150-200

Thanks!

:thumb:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200+ can get ogk kabuto which is very butoishly light.

Tho i wud suggest ff to protect ur gf face.

I know 4 people who broke their face in accident, one of them, a v.close fren, died.

Happy riding.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4931040347_0bda87b07d_b.jpg

no need recommend la, if u want an open face, buy the cheapest one la, $5 also can. the rest of the $, save for the facial reconstruction.

ok, nuff of the poking.. i recommend u to get a nice full face, seriously.

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

My 2 cents...

The weather here is too hot for Full Face.. I must admit that the protection is there..

But seriously with that type of budget, I'd look at getting a good flip up full face helmet. That way you get the protection you get from full face plus you can flip up when stopping at traffic lights and when taking off/ putting on the helmet.. Easier for girls with long hair and glasses..

Cheers..

My 2 cents...

The weather here is too hot for Full Face.. I must admit that the protection is there..

But seriously with that type of budget, I'd look at getting a good flip up full face helmet. That way you get the protection you get from full face plus you can flip up when stopping at traffic lights and when taking off/ putting on the helmet.. Easier for girls with long hair and glasses..

Cheers..

u'll use to it... I'm a specky too... manage my way don the glass etc. Just a additional harmless step.

Hot? I find it acceptable, just open the vent while you travel it provide ventilation to the interior. I'm wearing a OGK FF4... not the best but at least I'm covered. Our face worth the investment.

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

Chong Aik, GPR helmet, $28 buck and above for a new open face helmet.

Usually open face helmets starts from $25 onwards.

Go for a cheap one is you're getting an open face. No point getting an ex one since open face helmet isn't really for protection but more of for convenience. Go for FF if you wants to protect your head well.

i was also thinking whether should i get a new helmet cos my current OGK FF aeroblade has been with me since 2003 & its really getting kind of smelly no matter how much i washed the cheek cushion...

Should i change? But the exterior of the helmet is ok, no accident at all.

If you are intent on getting an open face helmet for around that price, you can look at HJC FS-3, which I bought for my wife a couple of months ago. It is listed for $180.

Then again, if you are serious about protection, a full face helmet is a must. I started using full face helmets many years ago and I never looked back. You will get used to it, and it is not much warmer than an open face helmet if you get a good model. Plus it blocks out more wind noise. The only reason I bought the FS-3 for my wife is because she is slightly claustrophobic and could not stand wearing an Arai full face for more than a few minutes.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

If you are intent on getting an open face helmet for around that price, you can look at HJC FS-3, which I bought for my wife a couple of months ago. It is listed for $180.

Then again, if you are serious about protection, a full face helmet is a must. I started using full face helmets many years ago and I never looked back. You will get used to it, and it is not much warmer than an open face helmet if you get a good model. Plus it blocks out more wind noise. The only reason I bought the FS-3 for my wife is because she is slightly claustrophobic and could not stand wearing an Arai full face for more than a few minutes.

my gf got similiar issue, but she is fine with wearing flip up, so i bought her a flip up..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Hi hello ...

Im from Indonesia, and i was wondering

Does anyone know how much does Regina sell for a shoei X-twelve solid ?

Im planning to go to Singapore, and get the helmet my self.

Really need the info.

Thanks a lot guys

went over to regina last week, the one with pattern is about $840

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae296/ccwui/DSC01187.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

i wanna get a pink coloour helmet

any reconmandation ?

i heard evo 70.n another 1,120-140

but open face..sum ppl sae buy so exp lyk..

haix...confuesd

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~