SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

Front tyre is Dunlop, i took photo of exact model, later will upload the photos.

Changed at Ah Chong (Bike Access)

Btw, i have Leo Vince X3, legal exhaust for sale. bought for my DRZ but the certificate states only for S and SM model, not for E model.

Selling 400$, still in box and packaging.

Hi..u selling pipe..When u did u bought it?..Have cert right?..

Hi..u selling pipe..When u did u bought it?..Have cert right?..

hey bro, i bought second hand, Leo Vince X3, have cert, but booked by one bro here,

if u want i still have arrow end can, without cert. interested ?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Hi motard riders, pls help to disseminate the incident in below thread if you can, this may help to reduce our riders accident rate.....thanks!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/324215-A-motard-rider-almost-get-himself-kill.....?p=7119890#post7119890

Bro thanks for the advise....ya is true...we need to take care of ourself as most commom ppl said ridding bike is "we cover metal" driving car is "metal cover us".....

Class 2B - 23 Sep 2008

Class 2A - 10 Nov 2009 Suzuki DRZSMK6 (DEC 09 - MAR 12)

Class 2 - 01 Feb 2011 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S (Mar 12 - Jan 16), Ducati Hypermotard 821 (Jan 16)

Class 3 - 06 Nov 1998

Class 4 - 25 Feb 1999

Class 5 - 16 Dec 2008

hey guys. check with you. is there any difference between the fs Leo Vince and fs delta. I bought the bike. comes with the Leo Vince. but the delta looks oh so sweet! need your opinion guys. whether there is better performance with the delta as compared to the LV. if there is may consider selling the LV fs and buying the delta (:

ALL STREET LEGAL EXHAUST ARE THE SAME!!!

READ MY FAQ YET???

IMO, Delta sounded like a improperly sealed kup cai exhaust..

The new Leo Vince is so much better than the previous one..

get a St legal yoshi and forget abt the rest.. else if sound is what you want, go for race exhaust!!

the sound of MRD is so sweet..

Hi there all......

need your expert knowledge about DRZs model....

is there any difference with DRZ 400 SM 2010 model compared with the 2011 model (latest model)?

from what i gathered from the forum, correct me if im wrong, there are no difference between 2010 model compared with the 2011 model (latest model) except for its outlook only. internally its the same eg:- engine, suspension, etc.

need the info so that will able to differentiate between these 2010 & 2011 model as not to be con by those irresponsible salespersons.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

.....:bouncefire: Reminder to all riders including myself:- Ride safely. Wear proper attire. Do not rush :bouncefire: .........

2005 SM comes with 7/8" bars..

2006 SM comes with 1 1/8" bars aka fat bars..

after that only body, plastics, spring colour and decals differences..

only some minor diff from PI and agent bikes..

thanks for the prompt reply.

is it true that the suspension (gantung) of 2011 model is better than 2010 model according to one salesperson?

he further informed that these two models are of different suspension as shown from the different colour of the thing that is inside the spring (one is yellow, the other is red).

please enlighten me.....a newbie here.

.....:bouncefire: Reminder to all riders including myself:- Ride safely. Wear proper attire. Do not rush :bouncefire: .........

thanks for the prompt reply.

is it true that the suspension (gantung) of 2011 model is better than 2010 model according to one salesperson?

he further informed that these two models are of different suspension as shown from the different colour of the thing that is inside the spring (one is yellow, the other is red).

please enlighten me.....a newbie here.

they are the same, enough said...

unless he take out both springs and show you the difference in spring rating..!

they are the same, enough said...

unless he take out both springs and show you the difference in spring rating..!

thanks again for the prompt reply.

ermm, my GSXR comes wif yellow spring for the rear shock, but definity not Ohlins spring.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

I really would like to ask the salesman.. Ohlins come with yellow springs.. that means what??

thanks again for promptly replying to my question.

i think i explained about the suspension thingy wrongly. its not the springs that is yellow in colour. its the material that is connected to a rod is yellow. both the material and the rod that are found inside the centre of the spring. the salesman claim that the 'new suspension' found in the latest model (2011) has a better suspension compared to previous models. from what biting_point had explained, it seems that the salesman is talking nonsense and conning ppl. 

out of curiousity, drz uses what brand of suspension?

if you are saying that the rear rod is coated.. it means it's smoother.. literally better for operations but no significantly..

these coatings are just to provide lesser friction between the forks and dust seals..

Coatings like Titanium Nitrate and Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) are normally used..

Black is DLC coating..

Titanium Nitrate can comes in gold or other colours depending on the coating process..

http://www.fcrsuspension.com/images/works/DSC02619.jpg

These coatings comes stock with some batches of GSX-Rs and of cuz famous Ohlins..

Coatings are normally on forks as using it for rear suspension are waste of money..

each coating costs abt USD200++ not inclusive of stripping labour charges and waiting time..

if the 2011 models comes stock with it, you might wanna check the front forks too..

it's a plus point to get over the 2010 model if the price and body colour you want is the same.. else choose the body colour you like and the cheaper 2010 model..

and if you know you are changing to Ohlins suspension in the future, why bother???

hi there all....

i would like to find out if any of the drz riders has installed 'RevTec Impedance Stabiliser' to your bikes before? is it compatible with our drz? any improvement shown or the opposite? can it go hand in hand with Broquet?

i also like to know what aftermarket horns is best for our drz in terms of loudness?

thanks for the inputs....

find space for all these first..

my broquet is a in-tank unit..

so far, i'm quite proud of my FCR's FC.. 20km/L..

thanks again biting_point. will explore my in-coming drz for spaces.

im going to be part of the DRZs family soon.

is it fine to put broquet during the running in period?

i've read n gathered from the forum that the following items need to be done to the bike once i've got the bike

(1) case savers

(2) handguards

(3) sliders

(4) MCCT (correct me if i'm wrong, MCCT is needed for older DRZ model)

jus curious, is there any thread or links showing newbie like me on the prices and shops to buy those items mentioned above? so that we able to know the place and save up $$$ to buy the items.

thanks for the valuable inputs.

thanks again biting_point. will explore my in-coming drz for spaces.

im going to be part of the DRZs family soon.

is it fine to put broquet during the running in period?

i've read n gathered from the forum that the following items need to be done to the bike once i've got the bike

(1) case savers

(2) handguards

(3) sliders

(4) MCCT (correct me if i'm wrong, MCCT is needed for older DRZ model)

jus curious, is there any thread or links showing newbie like me on the prices and shops to buy those items mentioned above? so that we able to know the place and save up $$$ to buy the items.

thanks for the valuable inputs.

Broquet to use during running in shouldnt be a problem, but i'll suggest to use after run-in so that you know your before and after mileage..

most of the items you mentioned can be found at the Advertiser - Unique Motorsports..

their Case Savers and MCCT are from Thumpertalk, sliders from Motovation and handguards and other accessories are available too..

Broquet to use during running in shouldnt be a problem, but i'll suggest to use after run-in so that you know your before and after mileage..

most of the items you mentioned can be found at the Advertiser - Unique Motorsports..

their Case Savers and MCCT are from Thumpertalk, sliders from Motovation and handguards and other accessories are available too..

thanks for the prompt reply biting_point....

thanks for the prompt reply biting_point....

can click on biting_point's signature DRZ FAQ or my click "here" signature to find out more :)

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

hi peeps....

this DRZ sure packs some power compared to my last bike.

just a bit of throttling, the bike surged forward....

need to get use to the biting point of the bike...

may i know which bike cover is recommended to the drz?

ive got a free bike cover but it seems it only cover only one third of the bike.

looking for a bike cover which is able to cover up the whole drz and have rings below it so that im able to fasten it below the bike. any recommendations?

do u guys n gals put any anti-theft accessories to the drz so that to deter any theft?

any anti-theft accessories to be purchased?

any advise or recommendations is appreciated....