SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

Hi Guys..

Currently i have a problem..I stopped my drz at a traffic light and as there is a massive jam, I offed the engine whilst the signal lights are running and power on..After about 30 secs or so..I tried to turn it on..It cant do so, I heard a clicking sound coming from the batt compartment near the left rear area. Is it batt problem or something serious??..really need ur help..The lights are still turned on but cant start bike..

Starter carbon brush is worn out.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

why switch off your bike in the first place?? EVen if it's hot, the fan will be on..

doing this will not save you much petrol but harm your starter motor/brush and electricals more..

Could you off your lights and start the bike??

how is the bike now??

Could that clicking should be from the engine area where the starter is??

get a mech to diagnose it..

Yup..I just tried it..Apparently it could be turned on..I turned on the lights and all and tried to start the engine and it did..Yesh sir, it is a lesson I will not do again ever..Tomorrow, Have to go Mech and see wats up..The sound is from the left rear near where the batt is..Its like a clicking sound..

If required to change the starter brush..Any idea of the cost?..

Thanx Bro_Biting for the quick reply though..

Starter carbon brush is worn out.

Thats what I fear..But any idea of the cost?..I have not changed the starter brush since about 2 years 6 months already since the bike is out from shop, as it is a 1st hand bike..

Thanx for the quick reply and assistance though Bro Raptor.

Thats what I fear..But any idea of the cost?..I have not changed the starter brush since about 2 years 6 months already since the bike is out from shop, as it is a 1st hand bike..

Thanx for the quick reply and assistance though Bro Raptor.

less than a $100

hi there,

would like to know yr views on replacing the stock front fender with an aftermarket one.

i had narrow down into three aftermarket front fender .

(1) Acerbis front fender

(2) Cemoto front fender

(3) KTM front fender

now, im in a dilemma into which one to choose. able to give me the pros and cons of each front fender in terms of cost, appearance and function.

PS:- any other better aftermarket front fender that i should include in the list?

.....:bouncefire: Reminder to all riders including myself:- Ride safely. Wear proper attire. Do not rush :bouncefire: .........

hi there,

would like to know yr views on replacing the stock front fender with an aftermarket one.

(1) Acerbis front fender

(2) Cemoto front fender

(3) KTM front fender

now, im in a dilemma into which one to choose. able to give me the pros and cons of each front fender in terms of cost, appearance and function.

PS:- any other better aftermarket front fender that i should include in the list?

All aftermarket front fenders just enhances the looks..

Pros of aftermarket front fenders - better looking than stock, Supermoto true look (shorter)

Cons- because they are shorter, water will splash up..

the only issue with KTM front fender is that they had this 2 protruding studs that actually to fit in KTM headlight..

Cycra and Cemoto are more stream-lined looking..

All aftermarket front fenders just enhances the looks..

Pros of aftermarket front fenders - better looking than stock, Supermoto true look (shorter)

Cons- because they are shorter, water will splash up..

the only issue with KTM front fender is that they had this 2 protruding studs that actually to fit in KTM headlight..

Cycra and Cemoto are more stream-lined looking..

thanks for the insight

.....:bouncefire: Reminder to all riders including myself:- Ride safely. Wear proper attire. Do not rush :bouncefire: .........

hi there,

(1) Acerbis front fender

(2) Cemoto front fender

(3) KTM front fender

The only reason why I threw out the OEM front fender is because it flexes from side to side at high speeds.

Aftermarket fenders tend to be shorter and stiffer to eliminate this flexing.

All of them serve the same purpose.. and the question of which to use... is a matter of personal preference and taste.

And you left out one more aftermarket front fender.. the supermoto fender from UFO.

Hello people! Im thinking of wrapping the "carbon fibre/fiber" sticker on my x3 exhaust. I was wondering if the LV x3 metal logo is sold seperately, if so, where would it be? Even if they can remove n repaste it, i still want a new one. Thanks in advance!

Hello people! Im thinking of wrapping the "carbon fibre/fiber" sticker on my x3 exhaust. I was wondering if the LV x3 metal logo is sold seperately, if so, where would it be? Even if they can remove n repaste it, i still want a new one. Thanks in advance!

try gmax. but IMO it is looks sweeter if you send it for high polishing.

try gmax. but IMO it is looks sweeter if you send it for high polishing.

A friend had recommended me to do it chrome. But then said that the exhaust will be much hotter than it used to be. But i know high polishing is diff. Any side effects i should take note? And where can i do that?

A friend had recommended me to do it chrome. But then said that the exhaust will be much hotter than it used to be. But i know high polishing is diff. Any side effects i should take note? And where can i do that?

sending it to chrome won't last. because the exhaust is extremely hot thus the chrome will start to peel off after a while. high polish will be better. you can do it manually with your hands, but the end product won't be as good as a machine.

try Seng kwang, AMK autopoint. google it. a little pricey but worth what you pay for.

sending it to chrome won't last. because the exhaust is extremely hot thus the chrome will start to peel off after a while. high polish will be better. you can do it manually with your hands, but the end product won't be as good as a machine.

try Seng kwang, AMK autopoint. google it. a little pricey but worth what you pay for.

Alright. Thanks alot for the tip!!

hey guys. got a question here... drz400sm with ktm headlight the main bulb is what model ah?? any shop in particular that is recommended for the change?? thanks alot..

Class 3: 29/05/2009

Class 2B : 11/06/2009

Class 2A : 22/03/2011

Class 2 : 07/12/2012

Gilera Runner ST200 - 18/06/2009 - 31/05/2011

Suzuki DRZ400SM - 31/05/2011 - 22/03/13

Yamaha FZ6S - 25/03/13 - ???????

Life is like a penis.

It's short, but seems so long when it gets harder.

I Had loads of that, especially travelling frequently from Joo Chiat to CCK... Its not only my butt that went numb.

I chose the other alternative, re-cushion & re-wrap my seat...

Done By Eugene Saddlery Along Jalan Besar...

Damage= $150 + ( i had to source a spare seat )

Comfort= 8/10 (compared to stock drz seat)

Time= Collect on the 2nd day (Do make appointment 1st, best during the weekdays. Shop Close by 1900)

Outlooks= 5/10 (you'll lose the streamline look as they'll widen, looks similar to the DRZ Dual Sport seat)

Hope this helps out... =)

Here Are Some Pix of my seat done at Eugene Saddlery

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/dracodean/th_IMG-20110726-WA0000.jpg http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/dracodean/th_IMG-20110726-WA0001.jpg http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/dracodean/th_IMG-20110726-WA0002.jpg http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m490/dracodean/th_IMG-20110726-WA0003.jpg

It�s always, "Which tyre is good on WET?" Why not ask, "Which road is good when WET?"

"My Ride, My Pride"

Hey guys..i wanna ask. Do you guys experience a 'clicking' sound around yr engine area b4? I juz wanna hav a piece of mind. If its about the cam chain tensioner, i already changed it to the manual ones juz a few weeks back. Izzit bcoz of the camshaft already worn out? Really wanna hear the veterans opinions and advice bout tis. Thanks!

So that is why you borrowed the DRZ seat from me.

Looks good anyway... so its an 8 on your buttometer??

Heheheh.... i can give it a full 10 cose i dont know wat it feels like. hehehe..

But much comfortable.. thanks encik..

It�s always, "Which tyre is good on WET?" Why not ask, "Which road is good when WET?"

"My Ride, My Pride"

Hey guys..i wanna ask. Do you guys experience a 'clicking' sound around yr engine area b4?

although u changed to MCCT, must adjust it periodically.

Look for ur mech to adjust it or any DRZ rider who knows how to do it to adjust for u.

if u live nearby me, i can adjust for u too :p

See if the problem persist.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

guys..need help

How does a Suzuki DRZ400SM K9 - Japan Domestic Model differ from those sold here? Parts difference or anything that is very abnormal from the usual one we see on the road?

Much appreciated..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Hey Guys,

Carbon Fiber Armor for Sale;

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/329347-ZETA-Hand-Guard-ZETA-Carbon-Fiber-Armor?p=7219478#post7219478

THe Price is negotiable, Jus drop me a SMS we'll chat aight..

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

"My Ride, My Pride"