SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

I just fried my CDI. just wondering, if i were to get a pre-owned cdi, it will work on my bike?

http://i38.tinypic.com/2610xz6.jpg

T r i u m p h S t r e e t T r i p l e

I just fried my CDI. just wondering, if i were to get a pre-owned cdi, it will work on my bike?

how you fried it in the first place?? you using HID or??

i'm not sure where can you get a pre-owned CDI.. it needs to be a SM model one to work..

DRZ's CDI does not work like immobiliser if this is what you gonna ask..

I do have a Procom Engineering CDI meant for E models, but i cant get it to start the bike after plugging it in.. my mech says needa do some modifications/bypassing to make it work.. i think i'll try it tmr..

No i'm not using HID.

IDK. ytd night was ok. until this morning, when i wanted to start the bike, it cranks, but does not start.

I checked the fuel, fuse, changed 2 sparkplugs and used the choke to start, but nothing works. Ended up towing the bike down to shop. mech says that its CDI gone.

Anyways, i was doing a search for CDI. i found them on ebay, as for the CDI to work on the SM, u just need to take out and ground the green wire for the bike to start. Try it. saw it on TT and a couple of forums.

Just curious, how much did u get the pro com for?

how you fried it in the first place?? you using HID or??

i'm not sure where can you get a pre-owned CDI.. it needs to be a SM model one to work..

DRZ's CDI does not work like immobiliser if this is what you gonna ask..

I do have a Procom Engineering CDI meant for E models, but i cant get it to start the bike after plugging it in.. my mech says needa do some modifications/bypassing to make it work.. i think i'll try it tmr..

Edited by QuaXum

I actually got it for free.. helped R.C. do some area cleaning of his huge amount of bike spare parts, found this and he gave to me.. it retails at USD120 at most online stores..

you might wanna change to a working CDI to confirm that it's your CDI that's spoilt..

I actually got it for free.. helped R.C. do some area cleaning of his huge amount of bike spare parts, found this and he gave to me.. it retails at USD120 at most online stores..

you might wanna change to a working CDI to confirm that it's your CDI that's spoilt..

oic, anyways, mech changed the CDI, and its working now. and yes. i guess correctly, my mech did not change to the OEM mitsubishi CDI, he changed it to the procom and took out the green wire. i'll post back with a few pics after picking up my bike later :)

Guys.. Can i noe roughly how much for doing decals? 219, auntie shop or juzzwheels?

Hmmm, 219 charges 180 without rims, IIRC.

Busy place, be patient and you can expect friendly service. I changed full decals twice, got reflective rim linings & wrapped my forks too =p

Hi all..i just serviced my drz 08..i changed o mcct as well..my mileage is 38,000..the thing is after changing it sounds weird and sound as if choking..i have also changed my air filter..also did pair removal as well as 3x3 mod..i have 3 ques..one is when do i know i need to tighten my mcct?..the other is is engine flush neccesary?..and lastly any good shops to recomend to chek on my valve as i think the shop which installed the mcct might do it wrongly cuz i read online saying tht it has to check the cam chain timing first before installing..whereas mine just removed the acct and just installed the mcct..is this correct?..would be glad if someone could help..cuz the bike now has quite a bit of probs..sorry for it being long.. :)

Any one selling off their pillion footrest? How much will a new one cost? Both my pillion footrest cant be folded in as its is very loose and make a rattling noise.

new set costs abt $100.. actual price you will need to ask the shop directly..

KS Motors and Guan Hoe are the Suzuki agents..

most of the parts can be bought seperately..

when your pegs cant be folded in, is due to the faulty spring and ball bearing..

but the pegs sounds like you have wear off the metal..

pillion pegs.JPG

Anyone knows where I can get e stock bag on the tail fender ? Or any aftermarket bags ?

try asking around.. i bet some of the DRZ riders do not needa use it..

else you can try KS Motors or Guan Hoe to see if they bring it in..

Hi all..i just serviced my drz 08..i changed o mcct as well..my mileage is 38,000..the thing is after changing it sounds weird and sound as if choking..i have also changed my air filter..also did pair removal as well as 3x3 mod..i have 3 ques..one is when do i know i need to tighten my mcct?..the other is is engine flush neccesary?..and lastly any good shops to recomend to chek on my valve as i think the shop which installed the mcct might do it wrongly cuz i read online saying tht it has to check the cam chain timing first before installing..whereas mine just removed the acct and just installed the mcct..is this correct?..would be glad if someone could help..cuz the bike now has quite a bit of probs..sorry for it being long.. :)

next time paragraph your post.. it'll helps a lot in reading..

The lazy way to install MCCT is to just take out ACCT and install MCCT..

That's how i did mine, so far no ill effects..

the correct way to install MCCT is here..

but bear in mind your cam chain maybe already worn out due to it being a 2nd hand bike..

adjustment of MCCT is pretty easy, as the link states:

Tighten the MCCT JUST until the rattle goes away. Think of it as tuning a dial type radio. Out a little, hear the rattle, in a little rattle goes away… STOP.. Your done adjusting. DO NOT add a “little” more just to be sure, DO NOT give it another ¼ turn...

since it's a 3yr old bike.. i guess it'll be good for you to do valve clearance..

Valve clearance explanation here..

if you are worrying abt your bike, get a shop to check.. there's nothing we can help much here except to type for you to see..

DRZ is a pretty tough bike, as long as it got EO and petrol.. it'll run pretty well even the cams and valves are broken..

My stock drz suspension feels weak..meaning I dont have the springy feel.when I sit on the bike,and when I put my legs down it does not bounce bak up nicely..is it the gas or the oil that I have to top up/change?pls advise,I hate this feeling..where can I get this fixed?and how much will it cost?

Hi guys,

I recently took over my 1 year plus bro-in-law's bike (Suzuki DR-Z 400).

Upon using it for about a month, suddenly there is this sound coming from the engine.

I don't know how to describe to you, but for those who own cars rite, the sound is like the aircon belt spoil.

So the sound is similar to it. I got a friend who also own this bike and said that he ever have this problem before and the cause of it is because of the cam problem and the only way to rectify it is by buying a new block and pistons.

So please advice me why this things happen and does it happen to all DR-Z?

Where to get it repaired?

My stock drz suspension feels weak..meaning I dont have the springy feel.when I sit on the bike,and when I put my legs down it does not bounce bak up nicely..is it the gas or the oil that I have to top up/change?pls advise,I hate this feeling..where can I get this fixed?and how much will it cost?

how old is the DRZ?

how heavy are you??

DRZ's rear suspension is fully adjustable..

your rebound and compression adjustments could be wrong..

Go to your frequent bikeshop to have it adjusted..

Hi guys,

I recently took over my 1 year plus bro-in-law's bike (Suzuki DR-Z 400).

Upon using it for about a month, suddenly there is this sound coming from the engine.

I don't know how to describe to you, but for those who own cars rite, the sound is like the aircon belt spoil.

So the sound is similar to it. I got a friend who also own this bike and said that he ever have this problem before and the cause of it is because of the cam problem and the only way to rectify it is by buying a new block and pistons.

So please advice me why this things happen and does it happen to all DR-Z?

Where to get it repaired?

Seriously just by describing, no one could possibly diagnose what happen to your bike..

I could simply say you need a new engine, will you believe me then??

bring your bike to a bikeshop and let a mechanic to properly rectify your bike's problem..

Following is the shops that DRZ usually goes to for servicing:

• Unique Motorsports ( I always go here for everything)
  • Raptor Motorsports (boss rides 3 DRZs)
  • HoleShot Racing (specialize in scramblers)
  • Ah Seng @ Mayo (specialize in scramblers)
  • Ah Piao @ TPY (specialize in scramblers)

how old is the DRZ?

how heavy are you??

DRZ's rear suspension is fully adjustable..

your rebound and compression adjustments could be wrong..

Go to your frequent bikeshop to have it adjusted..

Seriously just by describing, no one could possibly diagnose what happen to your bike..

I could simply say you need a new engine, will you believe me then??

bring your bike to a bikeshop and let a mechanic to properly rectify your bike's problem..

Following is the shops that DRZ usually goes to for servicing:

• Unique Motorsports ( I always go here for everything)
  • Raptor Motorsports (boss rides 3 DRZs)
  • HoleShot Racing (specialize in scramblers)
  • Ah Seng @ Mayo (specialize in scramblers)
  • Ah Piao @ TPY (specialize in scramblers)

Hi bro,

thanks for the prompt reply. im a newby to these supermotards. My last bike was super four and I never encounter these kinda problems before.

How the sound is like a screeching sound so I dont know if this ever happen to you or the guys in here.

Very well then, I will try out these 2 places.

[*]Unique Motorsports ( I always go here for everything)

[*]Raptor Motorsports (boss rides 3 DRZs)

Who to look for, for the above?

[*]HoleShot Racing (specialize in scramblers)

[*]Ah Seng @ Mayo (specialize in scramblers)

[*]Ah Piao @ TPY (specialize in scramblers)

Address for these 3? Look for who?

Hopefully they charge reasonable prices.

Hi bro,

thanks for the prompt reply. im a newby to these supermotards. My last bike was super four and I never encounter these kinda problems before.

How the sound is like a screeching sound so I dont know if this ever happen to you or the guys in here.

Very well then, I will try out these 2 places.

[*]Unique Motorsports ( I always go here for everything)

[*]Raptor Motorsports (boss rides 3 DRZs)

Who to look for, for the above?

[*]HoleShot Racing (specialize in scramblers)

[*]Ah Seng @ Mayo (specialize in scramblers)

[*]Ah Piao @ TPY (specialize in scramblers)

Address for these 3? Look for who?

Hopefully they charge reasonable prices.

Look for Angelo when ur at Raptor.

I'm 75kg..my drz is the 07 model.I don't think so I can adjust it to be springy..while adjusting all it does is become hard or soft.

A shop quote me for top up gas n oil is $280?is that a reasonable price?

even after you service it, it'll still be like what you experience previously..

your DRZ is not that old to experience a spoilt suspension..

DRZ's stock Showa suspension is good, but it'll will not perform like MotoGP suspensions that costs thousands..

even if you changed to Ohlins, you will get the same thing..

rebound adjustments will affect compression adjustments and vice versa..

the stock spring is just right for your body weight..

you could meanwhile adjust the preload..

i'm not sure why you would like it to be springy..

to me, springy means soft compression and soft rebound.. bike will be bouncing everywhere and chances of getting into a accident is high with that springing around..

the rear should not sit/sag too much during acceleration, nor it should come up/rebound too much when I'm doing brake to stop..

$280 is reasonable, but i do not think you need to do so.. mine is also a 07, it's working perfectly fine..

Just went to Tristan Park and Back.....so far so good....:)

Class 2B - 23 Sep 2008

Class 2A - 10 Nov 2009 Suzuki DRZSMK6 (DEC 09 - MAR 12)

Class 2 - 01 Feb 2011 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S (Mar 12 - Jan 16), Ducati Hypermotard 821 (Jan 16)

Class 3 - 06 Nov 1998

Class 4 - 25 Feb 1999

Class 5 - 16 Dec 2008