SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

Hi, my bike started having this problem yesterday. While travelling at 90km/h, bike started jerking front and back as if it was going to die off and popping sounds coming from the exhaust. I was maintaining throttle when it happened. Anyone experienced this before or know what is the problem? Thanks.

Guys i seriously need your guidance here as im quite new to the supermotard scene.

After doing some research, i think dat my bike is simply consuming too much fuel.

Recently just changed to a FCR MX 39mm from the stock one.

But comparing to others who uses this carb, their fuel consumption are better then mine.

So i need ur help here issit because of my setting of the carb, or theres some major problem with my bike.

My drz mods are 3x3 mod, yoshi oval titanium fs, k&n air filter, fcr mx 39mm.

Air filter and carb recently washed.

Been tracking my fuel consumption, from stock carb can get about 20km/litre.

After changing to fcr, it has been about 15.8-16.2km/litre..

Issit normal?

If not wat shld i do?

Rejet carb?

My bike total mileage is abt 25k..

Appreciate ur help guys..

Thanks.

If anithing dun flame me im just a new kid riding a drz n im new to supermotard.

02 June 06 - 25 July 09.

-------kr150 FY941*K-------

25 July 09 - 10 June 10

-------Super4 SpecIII FBC6*94T-------

10 June 10 - 11 April 11.

-------YZF R6 10 FBE5*46P-------

11 April 11 - 8 August 12

-------DRZ SM400 FBC25*7D-------

8 August 12 - Present

-------YZF R1 07 FS35*5H-------

Guys i seriously need your guidance here as im quite new to the supermotard scene.

After doing some research, i think dat my bike is simply consuming too much fuel.

But comparing to others who uses this carb, their fuel consumption are better then mine.

So i need ur help here issit because of my setting of the carb, or theres some major problem with my bike.

Issit normal?

If not wat shld i do?

Rejet carb?

Thanks.

If anithing dun flame me im just a new kid riding a drz n im new to supermotard.

Although i do not own a ktm.. I think ur fc is worst thn ktm bro.. Juz wait for bitting_point.. He gt experience..

Issit normal?

If not wat shld i do?

Rejet carb?

it's normal IMO, if u wan gd FC, pls change back to stock carb, FC also depends on ur riding style, everyday full throttle then FC very jialat lor.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Issit normal?

If not wat shld i do?

Rejet carb?

Thanks.

As mentioned in SM.sg, the FCR you using may and most probably not made for DRZ..

The bell mouth of the FCR is the most crucial part in the upgrade..

That particular bell mouth acts as a "velocity stack" for the FCR, enabling air to channel in smoothly..

with air going into the carb in a smooth pressure, fuel then mixes with it and enters the combustion chamber..

without the proper bell mouth adapter, everything goes haywire..

Bike gains power, yes..

but bike is not smooth most likely during cruising, you would experience the bike "needing" you to throttle more.. that's because the air/fuel mixture is not optimum/appropriate..

besides the bell mouth adapter, comes all the components and jettings..

some of these "compatible" carbs comes from old models or big bore MX bikes that uses super oversized gear ratios for offroad uses or races.. by slapping the FCR in without doing any proper jettings are in the end, waste of fuel..

A lot of people are con to buy a FCR that can fit DRZ, because it's cheaper than the Thumpertalk FCR..

But ended up wasting more money on fuel and repairs..

I saved for quite a while before I bought my FCR from Thumpertalk.. That time, USD was high too; compared to now..

Now a TT FCR 39 only costs SGD750 or so..

All about TT FCR here..

Penny wise, pound foolish..

Do some research before committing on such upgrades..

If you are free, do read the FAQ that I've done up, it'll provide you with lots more details on upgrades..

Although i do not own a ktm.. I think ur fc is worst thn ktm bro.. Juz wait for bitting_point.. He gt experience..

my stock carb with Yoshi FS and BMC filter reaps at most 32km/L.. but normally ranges from 30-32km/L..

after installing the FCR, it ranges from 18-21km/L..

start state, stock carb with only 20km/L is already a FCR FC..

it's normal IMO, if u wan gd FC, pls change back to stock carb, FC also depends on ur riding style, everyday full throttle then FC very jialat lor.

bro, you should have tried FCR.. the wow factor for it really makes you wanna wack your throttle (for the first few days).. heehee.. but after that, it behaves like a stock carb and you would not feel much different..

better FC can never go with better power..

they are inversely proportional..

haha, tats poisoning bro :p

now got GSXR & Revo to play around :D

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

hi, guys.

just need alittle help. been riding my drz for almost two years now, accident free. recently there's some handling problems. like its very unpredictable, esp under breaking. the front wheel will have a mind of its own. sometimes when i take a corner, i feel like the whole bike wanna give way, other times its stubborn and will resist leaning. any idea what's wrong?

hi, guys.

just need alittle help. been riding my drz for almost two years now, accident free. recently there's some handling problems. like its very unpredictable, esp under breaking. the front wheel will have a mind of its own. sometimes when i take a corner, i feel like the whole bike wanna give way, other times its stubborn and will resist leaning. any idea what's wrong?

Either your front wheel bearings or the lower steering cone bearings are rusted and worn.

Front wheel bearings will rust even faster if you are one of those who put on the Trailtech Vapor meters and did not replace the OEM speedometer drive housing on the right side of the front wheel hub with the Zeta Speedometer canceller.

Lower steering cone bearings are more prone to rusting than the upper ones simply because they are located in a more exposed area of the front of the bike.

Other considerations for poor handling include but not restricted to... insufficient tyre pressures, worn out tyres or front suspension issues.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

248087_216999621662529_158711187491373_773153_2740050_n.jpg

What tyres are those?? seems good for offroads. a cheaper alternative rather than getting an offroad wheelsets to go offroad. well, for riders whom go offroad juz for the fun of it. coz ive been going offroad on pilot powers and power ones.. traction sucks.haha

248087_216999621662529_158711187491373_773153_2740050_n.jpg

What tyres are those?? seems good for offroads. a cheaper alternative rather than getting an offroad wheelsets to go offroad. well, for riders whom go offroad juz for the fun of it. coz ive been going offroad on pilot powers and power ones.. traction sucks.haha

looks like avon distanzia.. supermoto specific tyres..havent seen them locally before though.. hmmm

http://www.motostrano.com/avdisuti.html

Be a HERO

Add this Space For your Meat Fix: https://www.facebook.com/JamesButcheryCo?fref=ts

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/Az_itsme/20140621_182817.jpg

Front tyre is Dunlop, i took photo of exact model, later will upload the photos.

Changed at Ah Chong (Bike Access)

Btw, i have Leo Vince X3, legal exhaust for sale. bought for my DRZ but the certificate states only for S and SM model, not for E model.

Selling 400$, still in box and packaging.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg