SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilla Rs125 or Super4 Spec 1

jude has juice

Guys I need some advice here. I have class 2A and thinking of getting a Spec 1 until an Aprilla Rs125 came along.

Now i can't make up my mind whether to get the super4 or aprilla.

I know super4 has more power and since i have 2A why don't I get a 400cc bike, but riding is not all about power.

There's the looks, fun factor, fuel cost and maintenance.

What do you guys think i should get?

1984 Vespa Px200

2008 Aprilia Rs125

2006 Honda Cbr1000

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get ninja 400R instead? got better looks than super 4 tho not as good looking as rs125, has more powerful than both of them. maintenance rs125 will cost alot, and heard its a problematic bike. super4 is much cheaper to maintain since its been around for ages and it is a very common bike. may be u can consider gsr400? it look not bad too.

If you are looking for a supersports bike, you can consider my R125, lol

it has the look, the design and the maintenance is pretty mild. But for the power, you would have to mod it.haha

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/344910-WTS-R125-Yamaha-Biggest-2B-Sports-Bike!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/runedra/IMG_00215.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder

ninja so rare. parts should be expensive right? just viewed my friend's rs125 today. chio ttm. but 2-stroke engine makes the 2-stroke noise plus the vibration. other than that the bike is a beauty and beast at the same time. you think i will get bored easily if i ride a super4?

1984 Vespa Px200

2008 Aprilia Rs125

2006 Honda Cbr1000

ninja so rare. parts should be expensive right? just viewed my friend's rs125 today. chio ttm. but 2-stroke engine makes the 2-stroke noise plus the vibration. other than that the bike is a beauty and beast at the same time. you think i will get bored easily if i ride a super4?

yea, not only it is expensive.. it difficult to look for it too...

get ninja 400R instead? got better looks than super 4 tho not as good looking as rs125, has more powerful than both of them. maintenance rs125 will cost alot, and heard its a problematic bike. super4 is much cheaper to maintain since its been around for ages and it is a very common bike. may be u can consider gsr400? it look not bad too.

s4 inline 4 vs new ninja parellel twin, the s4 will outpowered the ninja anytime

It's hard to get any of these bikes to their limit on public roads.

Super 4 - Pros - Alot of aftermarket parts,Better low end torque,Better power for pillion, More stable, Reliable bike, Good for long distance touring.

Cons - Maintanence not as cheap as RS125, 3-4bottles EO, 4 sparkies.

RS125 - Pros - Much better looking, Its a 2-stroker nuff said, track ready,

Cons - Same as other 2 strokers, louder and smokier then 4 strokes, not sure if the bike is known for it's reliability

See what you are going for.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

well i'm looking for fun factor too. don't want to get bored of my bike just one year after riding. hahaha. but rs125 doesn't offer the comfort level as super4.

tsk. what a hard choice.

seems like u prefer rs125. so go for it. If u dont like it later on u can always change your bike

From the looks of it you are already set for the RS125. S4 also has its fun factor. Try squeezing the throttle more and you are set to go!!! Then comes the 0-60mph & top speed. I am sure the 400cc will win in these 2 category.

In the end its your money. So the end decision is still yours.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

lol i think u urself already know which bike u want.. the rs125. no doubt everyone will choose s4. (ok not everbody but most). very easy choice. s4 got more power, cheaper to mantain, nice looking too(dunno why ppl dont like the looks of s4?) dont compare a naked bike with a sportsbike! sportsbike confirm nicer i agree.. lol! in the end is the money factor.. good luck!

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

:cheers:

rode a rs125 as my first 2b and currently riding a spec 1 but upgraded from phantom..

I would say rs125 will be a fine bike if you are single, dont mind carrying bag for your raincoats, carrying your helmet around town and lean forward posture..

S4 is not as "handsome" as rs125 for sure but i can easily mount a top box on S4 and the riding posture is definitely better..

RS125 is not hard to maintain if you are willing to DIY. Spare Parts are expensive since it comes from italy..

At the end of the day, it all comes down to your budget :)

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

hi guys... recently my buddy wanna buy a rs125 and i wan a 400cc ... since u guys on this topic... dun mind me asking

my buddy been bragging tt he can mod a rs125(no idea how) to win a stock 400cc s4 o.O

I DUN THINK SO !!! ISIT REALLY POSSIBLE!?!?!

2010 july 10-sept 14: Daelim Roadwin 125

16 sept 2010 - 5 oct 2012: Bajaj pulsar 200 DTSI

18 march 2013- ? : Honda NSR sp

I once set on a S1000r and the curse begun, u never wanna ride anything else besides sports bikes ever again!

hi guys... recently my buddy wanna buy a rs125 and i wan a 400cc ... since u guys on this topic... dun mind me asking

my buddy been bragging tt he can mod a rs125(no idea how) to win a stock 400cc s4 o.O

i think in the end the one with the better right wrist and skill will win..

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

i think in the end the one with the better right wrist and skill will win..

is a 125 2stroke so powerful tt can win a 400cc inline 4?

2010 july 10-sept 14: Daelim Roadwin 125

16 sept 2010 - 5 oct 2012: Bajaj pulsar 200 DTSI

18 march 2013- ? : Honda NSR sp

I once set on a S1000r and the curse begun, u never wanna ride anything else besides sports bikes ever again!

Haiz, if he wants to brag let him brag.....RS125 or simi sai end of the day its just a class 2B 125cc bike.

Hahaha, 125cc rider talk about can beat 400cc bike, if he rides a 200cc bike, can beat 600? if ride 250cc can beat 750? if ride 400cc can beat hayabusa?

Not forgetting the money he used to spend to mod his small machine can total up and get a ver S or a spec 1...

• 2008-2009: Honda NSR SP150
  • 2009-2010: Yamaha Spark T135
  • 2010-2014: Honda CB400 Hyper Vtec III
  • 2014: Kymco Xciting 400i

RS125 might have better acceleration as a 2 stroke bike but loose out on endurance.

I rode a RS125 before upgrading to Super 4 years ago. These Italy bikes consume petrol like a camel drinking water on a hot day. Needs 2T. Spare parts are expensive and not easy to find, as mentioned by some bros here. After my upgrade I never looked back.