SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

Originally posted by byon@Sep 22 2006, 04:31 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Where can i dispose the Engine Oil?

I'm currently riding a phantom ta200 requiring 1.3L each refill, am intending to get FullSynthetic. Any suggestions on which brands i should go for? Should i get the huge bottles or the 1L version?

I'm looking at the car showroom promotion at Autobacs (bukitbatok) they're having promotions at the moment, selling polishers and etc for a bargain. So i thought i might be able to go there get a full bottle and do my own EO.

bro.. the new change firstly u juz pour 1L can liao.. after one week or less than u pour another 200ml into it.. meaning top up.. like tat betta than u pour 1.3L straight.. as wat william say, pouring 1.3L straight no good.. :D

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/205650/images/300x200/2848almeriaij070-01.jpg

..i lovin' it..:thumb:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by byon+Sep 24 2006, 08:03 PM-->
QUOTE (byon @ Sep 24 2006, 08:03 PM)
I went autobacs yesterday, they offered alot of variant of Engine Oil. I didn't know what to buy, any suggestions?[/b]

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif

Mustafa got sell :sweat:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by RxzDelux+May 10 2006, 11:07 AM-->
QUOTE (RxzDelux @ May 10 2006, 11:07 AM)
Hi all! Last time i got tried the MOTUL 5100 4T 15W50 Semi-Synthetic. Now MOTUL got come out new one MOTUL 7100 4T (10W40 or 20w50) Fully Synthetic! Has anyone tried the MOTUL 7100 4T yet?

The MOTUL 7100 catalog states :

100% Synthetic-Ester based high performance lubricant for high performance bikes, sport bikes, street and road bikes, trails, off road bikes, enduro, trial ... fitted with 4 stroke engines, intergrated gearbox or not, wet or dry clutch, engines meeting Euro 2 or Euro 3 emission regulation, fitted with exhaust gas after treatment systems: catalytic converters, air injection into exhaust pipe.

Anyone tried? :confused:[/b]

http://www.triumph.co.uk/images/Daytona675_gallery_main_1_2008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For your bike, both the 10W40 or 15W50 will do I think.

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

You're welcome.

Anyway I also suggest shortening the service intervals during the run-in period. And if possible, use mineral or semi-synthetic oils.

If it was me, I'll use the vouchers at 100km, 300km and 500km. Each time I will change my oil filter.

Then I will switch to semi-sythetic till 1000km, then change again till 2000km. After that it's the fully-synthetics all the way!!

:sweat:

Hmmm the first 3 oil changes are free anyway, and 6 bottles of semi-synthetics shouldn't be that expensive... Compared to your 10K over investment in the bike... :sweat:

A proper running-in process is one of the most important thing you can do to your new bike, at least to me personally.

Go with what is appropriate and what you think is suitable!

:smile: