SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to my motortiam to check something. end up changing engine oil after reading so much about Chex 9000.

i was reluntant to change as my amsoil MCF only have 2000km on it. it not doing it much justice. but the itch got over me :p

my first impression was great. going on my normally speed feel much more quiet. changing of gear also feel smoother and the "tak" sound was softer. pick up was slightly better too. was it because of the thicker oil? anyway, i sold to it. will monitor FC to check for changes.

of course, any new oil will feel good. just need to run it more and see how it hold up. at $8 cheaper then Amsoil MCF, i don't see any point going back unless it can't hold up to distance. highly recommended!!! still, i feel bad to change out my amsoil MCF so soon :(

maybe will go woodlands road for change next time since it near my place too.

8 months after I made the switch from Motul to Chex all the smoothness is still there, purrs like a kitten at low rpm but doesn't mind roaring away through the night if I want top speed and acceleration. I can touch the crankcase after heavy work and not get burnt. Very cool running.

If I had an oil filter on this bike Chex would like, last forever. It doesn't seem to loose much of its protection and quiet running ability over time.

8 months after I made the switch from Motul to Chex all the smoothness is still there, purrs like a kitten at low rpm but doesn't mind roaring away through the night if I want top speed and acceleration. I can touch the crankcase after heavy work and not get burnt. Very cool running.

If I had an oil filter on this bike Chex would like, last forever. It doesn't seem to loose much of its protection and quiet running ability over time.

great to hear that. guess i can extend my oil change to 2months once now. also don't have to change around trying different oil. hehe...

going out for a ride now. chat later. haha...

I too changed to Chex 9000 10W50 couple of days back after doing 3.5K kms on Motul 5100 15W50 on my Bajaj Pulsar 180.

Initial impression is that the noise and vibration levels are have increased slightly with Chex. But thats just an impression and cannot be quantified. I believe noise level increases if the oil is thinner. Since Motul 5100 was semi-syn may be it thicker. Lets see how teh oil fares with more mileage under its belt.

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

anyone knows where to get chex 9000 SAE 10w40 then?

Cheers

I dont think thats available. Its not even there on their website.

Best 40 grade oil is Mobil1 Fully Synthetic 10W40 @18$ only at LAB. :thumb:

I dont think thats available. Its not even there on their website.

Best 40 grade oil is Mobil1 Fully Synthetic 10W40 @18$ only at LAB. :thumb:

Hmm, all right will check that out.. my motorbike manual states 10W40 so after hearing about chex 9000 wanted to try.

anyone care to share about this Mobil1 Fully Synthetic?

Hmm, all right will check that out.. my motorbike manual states 10W40 so after hearing about chex 9000 wanted to try.

anyone care to share about this Mobil1 Fully Synthetic?

how you doing bro? haha...

Mobil 1 is one of the better engine oil out there. you can't go wrong with it. not happy with Motul 300v?

there are only 10w50 for chex 9000. same as you i was holding back on chex 9000 due to it 50wt. after trying it i sold to it. for that price, it hard to beat. another 2 more improvent i notice. during start up, the classic "flickering light" problem tend to be less. it might mean better cold start. also, my average FC is about 56km/L with Amsoil. my first tank of fuel after changing to chex 9000 clock at 60km/L. still need to run a few more tank of petrol for a better picture.

as mention, new oil always run better. will continue to feedback on chex 9000 as the milage build up.

okay seems like i am the only one feeling negative about the chex 9000. i am riding s4 revo. i ditched my motul 300V after 3000KM and it looks just like new when the mech pour out the EO. feel kinda wasted but was kinda eggcited to get this chex 9000 in and feel the hype that is all around it. to my disappointment, my engine seems rougher than before. not much difference in gear changing. rather loud noise and alot of vibration. feels like the engine is going to explode(redline) when cruising around 90km/h and above, the vibration/roughness sounds are just too terrible. no smoothness at all in any sense or aspect. my bike just cant go cruising @ 90km/h and above without me feeling heartache for it. now i know why my mech asked me why i am changing to this chex 9000.. i just feel like getting it out of my engine and going back to motul 300V. but very waste $$$. will just ride it out for a little longer and see if it gets any better. sorry guys this chex 9000 didnt work out for me..

Kawasaki 150ZX ::Rusty:: 2005-2010

Honda CB400 Revo ::BlackBeauty:: 2010-20XX

-------------

|Biologic iPhone Mount|Stebel Nautilus Horn|K&N Air Filter|

|Ah Pek's Grounding Wire|DIY 5V USB Port|Scorpio SR-i900|

|DIY Secondary Strobe Brake Leds|

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg697/scaled.php?tn=0&server=697&filename=pf6.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

okay seems like i am the only one feeling negative about the chex 9000. i am riding s4 revo. i ditched my motul 300V after 3000KM and it looks just like new when the mech pour out the EO. feel kinda wasted but was kinda eggcited to get this chex 9000 in and feel the hype that is all around it. to my disappointment, my engine seems rougher than before. not much difference in gear changing. rather loud noise and alot of vibration. feels like the engine is going to explode(redline) when cruising around 90km/h and above, the vibration/roughness sounds are just too terrible. no smoothness at all in any sense or aspect. my bike just cant go cruising @ 90km/h and above without me feeling heartache for it. now i know why my mech asked me why i am changing to this chex 9000.. i just feel like getting it out of my engine and going back to motul 300V. but very waste $$$. will just ride it out for a little longer and see if it gets any better. sorry guys this chex 9000 didnt work out for me..

3000km with Motul 300v indeed is a waste. S4 need 3 bottle isn't it? that almost 100buck of oil :)

maybe your bike just doesn't do well with thicker oil.

how you doing bro? haha...

Mobil 1 is one of the better engine oil out there. you can't go wrong with it. not happy with Motul 300v?

there are only 10w50 for chex 9000. same as you i was holding back on chex 9000 due to it 50wt. after trying it i sold to it. for that price, it hard to beat. another 2 more improvent i notice. during start up, the classic "flickering light" problem tend to be less. it might mean better cold start. also, my average FC is about 56km/L with Amsoil. my first tank of fuel after changing to chex 9000 clock at 60km/L. still need to run a few more tank of petrol for a better picture.

as mention, new oil always run better. will continue to feedback on chex 9000 as the milage build up.

dude im good!

anyway, motul is great... lol.. maybe i will try the mobil1 in my next oil change.. haha..

Bro, Motul 300V is indeed very smooth and any oil in comparison will not match it. Even the price of Chex is half of Motul so obviously there is no comparison. That being said, I read somewhere that if oil is thinner it causes more engine noise and vibration but better cooling effect. And if Oil is thicker there is less noise but less cooling also. Even though both are 50 grade the 50 grade is just very wide range.

Even I felt the roughness when I did a change from Motul, but after riding for couple of days I have got used to it. So I would say just live with it for a couple of hundred kms and see how it goes.

what a waste . i would stick with motul 300v than changing to chex 9000 . innocent money wasted

lolx.. S4 ma.. & your bike always tip top condition like mine.. heehee.. so abit abit our bikes dun like it liaoz.. =P

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Sounds interesting. :rolleyes:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Bro, Motul 300V is indeed very smooth and any oil in comparison will not match it. Even the price of Chex is half of Motul so obviously there is no comparison. That being said, I read somewhere that if oil is thinner it causes more engine noise and vibration but better cooling effect. And if Oil is thicker there is less noise but less cooling also. Even though both are 50 grade the 50 grade is just very wide range.

Even I felt the roughness when I did a change from Motul, but after riding for couple of days I have got used to it. So I would say just live with it for a couple of hundred kms and see how it goes.

i got to agree. chex 9000 is not mean to be a replacement for engine oil like Motul 300V. It more of a balance between price and performance ratio. thankfully it seem to perform very well for most bike at low cost.

my bottle of carlube 4T oil is screaming to go into the engine :) hope i won't be tempted to try something else. haha... not sure how will a $10 synthetic oil perform. from the few UOAs on it car engine oil, the oil seem to be doing quite well except it shear in a 30 grade after some distance. of course it could be the oil viscosity is fairly low in it original sate. can't confirm without any VOA.

• 2 weeks later...
i got to agree. chex 9000 is not mean to be a replacement for engine oil like Motul 300V. It more of a balance between price and performance ratio. thankfully it seem to perform very well for most bike at low cost.

my bottle of carlube 4T oil is screaming to go into the engine :) hope i won't be tempted to try something else. haha... not sure how will a $10 synthetic oil perform. from the few UOAs on it car engine oil, the oil seem to be doing quite well except it shear in a 30 grade after some distance. of course it could be the oil viscosity is fairly low in it original sate. can't confirm without any VOA.

This Chex 9000 seems really popular. Just some feedback regarding the Carlube motorcycle oil. I just changed from Motul 300V to the Carlube motorcycle oil last weekend. First impression (after just 2 rides) is that the Carlube is not good. Engine sounds and feels rough. More vibrations everywhere (from idle to high rev). Unlike the 300V, the engine was free-revving and smooth. Comparing my 300V at the time of change (approx. 2500km) vs the new Carlube, Carlube loses out.

I am riding a Yamaha Sparks 135 (liquid cool). Oil change every 2500km. For the next change, I will either try Royal Purple or Chex.

I use Carlube for my car too, but it feels ok. I am thinking maybe on a small bike the vibrations and sounds are more apparent, compared to car.

Guest divisionX

any one heard of Moty's Engine oil? a search online seems it is from japan any one care to comment or review ?

======================

=== :dozed: [=^:^=] :cheeky: ====

======================

2004-2005 :: Honda Nsr 150 SP (FP5711T)

2005-2006 :: VeSpA ExCeL (FP2371K)

2007-2009 :: YaMaHa X1 (FBA9195H)

2010-20XX :: Kymco Downtown 125 (FBE9X2XR)

Division X, I like your Bimota Tesi 3d. If i get the Ipone for my bike, will it run as fast?

Back to serious business, Chex is from where? i Heard alot about it.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg