SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

Delvac mx is really impressive. Any idea if there are suppliers over here? Like those catered to heavy vehicle supplies? Would be nice if say can get it at $5/L...

not too sure. but Shell Malaysia now have Rimula R4 X. if i not wrong 5L selling for about RM70 plus. CI-4 rated. should be good stuff as well:slurp:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a replacement for the R3X huh? Should be a better formulation yea? With SL rating as well, so no issues with petrol engines.

But noticed got no allison c4 approval? Maybe nt so wet-clutch friendly? No issue for me though. External clutch. Hehe.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Seems like a replacement for the R3X huh? Should be a better formulation yea? With SL rating as well, so no issues with petrol engines.

But noticed got no allison c4 approval? Maybe nt so wet-clutch friendly? No issue for me though. External clutch. Hehe.

you are correct. it a replacement for R3X. should be an updated formula from CH4 to CI4.

don't worry, clutch slipping due to oil is a myth:box: haha...

the delvac mx here is too high at 61. The rimula I used is ok. I am using the delo monograde 40 now, It works fine. Next could be the helix ultra, schnell or rotella but I am really not a fan of synthetic. had bad experience with higher grade syn, maybe these won't we shall see.

the delvac mx here is too high at 61. The rimula I used is ok. I am using the delo monograde 40 now, It works fine. Next could be the helix ultra, schnell or rotella but I am really not a fan of synthetic. had bad experience with higher grade syn, maybe these won't we shall see.

Delvac MX used to cost about RM80. Delo 400 multi-grade cost about RM95. both are excellent oil.

what the bad experience about synthetic? i not a big fan of synthetic too but not because of any bad experience. it more about i don't see that synthetic have any major advantage over dino for the cost.

My bikes are old, I am a fan of mobil but the mobil 1 gold 0w-40 synthetic consumption cost is higher than my petrol cost. I switched to other mobil oils no probs. and If I add just a little of mobil gold, the oil level drops again and it would stop after 1 or two oil changes.

the delo i got is sae 40. seems to work great. Got it for a little under 40. I have the rotella, have not tried as I ride too little to justify changing it.

I am not a synthetic oil fan because I change oil very often, unnecessary I know, but a habit and dino works great. I just got a 11 year old bike so I changed the owner's oil out at the 900km, changed my rimula out at 600plus and it was blacker than his at 900. I am hoping to clean the engine a bit with the oil.

Delvac MX used to cost about RM80. Delo 400 multi-grade cost about RM95. both are excellent oil.

what the bad experience about synthetic? i not a big fan of synthetic too but not because of any bad experience. it more about i don't see that synthetic have any major advantage over dino for the cost.

I calculated the mx, it is one of the most ex diesel oil in sg. 61. I was tempted to buy so many times but the price is just too much. I have not seen delo 400 here. All I see is the delo silver monograde which works great.

I calculated the mx, it is one of the most ex diesel oil in sg. 61. I was tempted to buy so many times but the price is just too much. I have not seen delo 400 here. All I see is the delo silver monograde which works great.

take a trip to malaysia. the price that is alot cheaper. Delvac MX cost about $30 plus there when it is still available. you can only find Delo 400 in malaysia but not in singapore. Delo 400 can still be found at some caltex station there. another very stout HDEO.

even with dino juice, to me your OCI is way too short at 900km. with these interval, i won't be worrying what i am running in the engine.

ya, its too short, it was doing 1500 previously which was already very short. I really do not ride a lot. usually to market or near by places to pack food. Personally I rather put normal oil and run it short rather than an expensive oil and run longer. Mine is a small single cylinder air cooled engine that use about 850 to 900 ml.

The oils here are too ex, how is it that malaysia can have it so much cheaper?

was thinking of getting a top oil drainer, something to siphon the oil. not sure how much oil can it extract because it cannot reach the bottom , it probably wont be totally but if it saves the effort...

delvac mx 30 plus RM or SGD?

Edited by ber

ya, its too short, it was doing 1500 previously which was already very short. I really do not ride a lot. usually to market or near by places to pack food. Personally I rather put normal oil and run it short rather than an expensive oil and run longer. Mine is a small single cylinder air cooled engine that use about 850 to 900 ml.

The oils here are too ex, how is it that malaysia can have it so much cheaper?

was thinking of getting a top oil drainer, something to siphon the oil. not sure how much oil can it extract because it cannot reach the bottom , it probably wont be totally but if it saves the effort...

delvac mx 30 plus RM or SGD?

i riding a kup kia as well. normally i just run my oil to 2,000km and dump it. i quite sure it can go longer but like you, i just can't stay away from the wrench:cheeky: but if i can choose again, i will pick honda over yamaha for kup kia anytime.

should be largely due to petroleum taxes in Singapore . oil in the states is even cheaper. yeah, that life.

delvac mx is about 30 plus sgd. i think it use to be about RM78 and then later increased to RM82. can't remember the exact price as it has been sometime. i quite sure Delo 400 is around RM95 if there is no price adjustment from a couple of years ago.

LOL, ya but sometimes over zealous changing of oil, worried the nut wear and tear. I am trying to get the top engine oil changer, will see if it works well. Will extract the oil and see how much remains in the engine. No need to crawl underneath because my current bike no full stand.

Someone should make an aftermarket part on the drain cap with a on off valve to drain the oil and also a wheel bearing grease nipple for grease gun attachment. More convenient.

ya something like that

thought the clutch are higher up and more of the concern would be the gears? but before I get I will put a tube and siphon out the oil and see roughly how much can be taken out.

if u search eBay for engine oil extractor u can find other more simple and cheaper version.

be careful not to sallow any oil. Haha.