SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't go wrong with it. Have frens in msia who swear by it. 100k km on their scooter still running strong. If got good price, must share lobang eh. Haha. If not i planning to order mobil 1 4T from amazon.

Let me confirm on the prices and update this thread. But basically think I can get it for 13 dollar a bottle.

Anyone tried castrol power 1 racing before? I'm switching to full synthetic and I can get them castrol at damn good price. I know that castrol fully synthetic isn't really true synthetic but it's a reputable brand though. Haha I used their semi synthetics before, it's good but shears down fast in a high rev engine.

i read that the power 1 racing version is good. it is castrol top of the line motorcycle oil. as for base oil, other then German castrol, the rest of castrol oil is majority group III base oils as far as i know.

still, if you read the amsoil white paper castrol oil have a number of shortfalls to take note of especially the part on rust protection.

Castrol market their oil for improve accelaration, i think the film strength of the oil is purposely reduced. Castrol state that it have no effect on wear protection. sometime back, i have read an UOA of castrol synthetic motorcycle oil, the oil have been sheared down but overall wear metal is still impressive. the oil should have a HTHS of about 3.7cP. just to compare, most top oil have a HTHS of above 4cP. for example, amsoil is 4.5cP, Redline is 4.7cP, mobil 1 4T is 4.1cP, motul 300V is 4.3cP.

i read that the power 1 racing version is good. it is castrol top of the line motorcycle oil. as for base oil, other then German castrol, the rest of castrol oil is majority group III base oils as far as i know.

still, if you read the amsoil white paper castrol oil have a number of shortfalls to take note of especially the part on rust protection.

Castrol market their oil for improve accelaration, i think the film strength of the oil is purposely reduced. Castrol state that it have no effect on wear protection. sometime back, i have read an UOA of castrol synthetic motorcycle oil, the oil have been sheared down but overall wear metal is still impressive. the oil should have a HTHS of about 3.7cP. just to compare, most top oil have a HTHS of above 4cP. for example, amsoil is 4.5cP, Redline is 4.7cP, mobil 1 4T is 4.1cP, motul 300V is 4.3cP.

Interesting. Haha didn't know that they marketing their oil for improve acceleration. But always thought their stuff are decent enough though somehow they are don't get as good enough of a recommendation by a lot of users.

Anyone tried castrol power 1 racing before? I'm switching to full synthetic and I can get them castrol at damn good price. I know that castrol fully synthetic isn't really true synthetic but it's a reputable brand though. Haha I used their semi synthetics before, it's good but shears down fast in a high rev engine.

No doubt castrol is a great oil but in asia market got too much counterfeits.

Well. group IV oil only a handfull like mobil 1 delvac 1, redline and motul.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

saw that too... Gd price for it...

I just gotten myself 3 bottles of Schaffer 20w50 V-twin EO, lets see how gd is it... $12 per L is a steal...

yeah. can't complain when it is $11 cheaper then most bike shop:clapping: will consider getting some when i finsh my last bottle of redline.

Schaffer is good stuff too. strong additives and it is pretty bullet proof oil.

Alright thanks. Any other good alternative to the chex? I always buy from bike shop to change myself but recently they bumped the price up to $16 even for cash and carry..

Dacuti recommend Shell oil:smile:

you are looking for 50 weight? Schaeffer is a excellent choice for it price.

top of the line oil include Redline, Motul, Mobil 1, Maxima, Amsoil etc and the list goes on.

Anyway, i don't see how you can pick a "wrong" oil as long as it is an decent brand.

saw this UOA for Delvac MX. the bike is an HD sportster 1200. oil is used for 3100 miles or 4960 km. Oil still in grade although at a low 40wt but wear is nice. too bad we can't find Delvac MX in Malaysia anymore:bounce: great oil at great price. those was the days...

OIL Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40

MILE IN USE 3100 Mi

MILES 29,876 Mi

SAMPLE 11/25/13

ALUMINIUM 3

CHROMIUM 1

IRON 8

COPPER 13

LEAD 2

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 46

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 57

SILICON 7

SODIUM 1

CALCIUM 2792

MAGNESIUM 450

PHOSPHORUS 1176

ZINC 1373

BARIUM 0

SUS V@ 210 F 69.7

cSt V@ 100 c 12.88

FLASHPOINT 420

FUEL

WATER 0

INSOLUBLES 0.3

TBN n/a

Delvac mx is really impressive. Any idea if there are suppliers over here? Like those catered to heavy vehicle supplies? Would be nice if say can get it at $5/L...

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/