SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've changed bike but same breed. Busa is well known to have robust engine. I'm not surprise if the engine still look good with any reputable oil. But it seems hard to get rotella locally. Anyway I'm sticking to maxima extra. Not the cheapest but also not the most ex. Works for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have 4 x 1litre Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 for sale.

Selling each at $18. Buy 2 for $35. Only to those interested in getting them from the following places.

Self collect only at Clementi or Bukit Gombak MRT station. PM me to deal.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/19/24/44/0007192444924_500X500.jpg

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil1_Racing_4T_10W-40.aspx

EDIT: Price revised

Edited by magnitude

Get $10 off at www.iherb.com with coupon code SUP186 for first time customer!

I have 4 x 1litre Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 for sale.

Selling each at $21. Buy 2 for $40.

Self collect only at Clementi or Bukit Gombak MRT station. PM me to deal.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/19/24/44/0007192444924_500X500.jpg

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil1_Racing_4T_10W-40.aspx

You might want to revise yr price. Ah boy and mxtradings is selling at $18 per bottle.

right after shutting down my bike, i took a peak down the engine oil pour hole.

i was surprise to find there is one thick layer of foam. oil used is Redline motorcycle oil. now who say motorcycle oil doesn't aerates:P i just wish i could take photo of it.

will check for foam again once i changed to HDEO to verify whether this is a Redline thing:sian:

Hmm, after using Schaeffer motorcycle 20w50 on both bikes for 1 week, felt its slightly on e thicker side, flow rate slower...

Both bike need to crank longer to start during cold morning but once its heated up, it works fine...

Time to change to 9000 5w40 next time...

For 7000 semi syn only have till 5w30, no 5w40??

Any equivalent cheap and awesome eo to recommend?

:pray::pray:

hi whats your opinion of the rotella t6? you dont like it?

Well... its no mobil 1 thats for sure. Dont associate them to be of the same category.

Gear shifts was awkwardly squeaky at first and felt like crap. However, after a while, it got much much much better.

I hardly get clutch slips.

Well priced too.

Hoping its more shear resistant to schaeffers 9000, 7000, royal purple and mobil 1 15w50.

Anyway.......... I found out that if you need to top up oil,

Use marvel mystery oil instead of buying a new bottle of oil. You can put it in gas too.

You might want to revise yr price. Ah boy and mxtradings is selling at $18 per bottle.

Ya lor :slapforehead:

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Hmm, after using Schaeffer motorcycle 20w50 on both bikes for 1 week, felt its slightly on e thicker side, flow rate slower...

Both bike need to crank longer to start during cold morning but once its heated up, it works fine...

Time to change to 9000 5w40 next time...

For 7000 semi syn only have till 5w30, no 5w40??

Any equivalent cheap and awesome eo to recommend?

For local products I find that the schaeffers are well priced for its performance and specs.

Only troublesome to have to change it yourself.

You might want to look into using a honda car oil filter if you have the space. :)

I am doing that.

Engine oil drain valve. For ease of changing of oil. But ain't sure the threading fits.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I was tempted but do note that some people ran into some problems after installing it. Like slow draining, incomplete draining, leaks and faulty valve on the item.

I was tempted but do note that some people ran into some problems after installing it. Like slow draining, incomplete draining, leaks and faulty valve on the item.

The drain valve not so useful in my opinion. Considering u chg oil every few mths, what is 5 minutes compared to potential leaking or valve spoil. With drain plug, if leak, just change washer.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

i think the new motul 300v have some sort of anti-tamper seal which you can verify online. i have not use the new version yet so i have no idea how is it like. i guess they are indeed having some problem with fake products in the market to implement such measures.

BTW, i guess Motul 300V might be a little easier to tell. it is hard to miss it fluorescent green colour and sweet banana smell unlike most oil that is amber in colour and have a distinct petroleum odor:smile:

quote from motul website:

MOTUL will be the first company in its sector to use the Bubble Tagâ„¢ security concept, guaranteeing product integrity and authentication. The consumer is now able to check in a fast and easy way his product integrity directly on the Internet. Indeed, the security seal fixed to the tin is endowed with a code related to every article, corresponding to the unique fingerprint of the product and guaranteeing its origin.

Castrol have used Hologram seal to combat fake. i have seen it and i think it pretty hard to fake. those i brought from Ah boy have the same seal as those i got from bike shop so i guess they came from legitimate sources.

Edited by Isopropyl

anyway, below is Motul Singapore contact which you can verify things with them. i think if one is interested in motul 300V, the price is good enough for us to do a little checking.

MOTUL in Singapore

HIGH-TECH LUBRICANTS AP PTE LTD

1A International Business Park,

#06-03

Singapore

Tel: +65 6565 8100

Fax: +65 6665 8100

Email: [email protected]

i think the new motul 300v have some sort of anti-tamper seal which you can verify online. i have not use the new version yet so i have no idea how is it like. i guess they are indeed having some problem with fake products in the market to implement such measures.

BTW, i guess Motul 300V might be a little easier to tell. it is hard to miss it fluorescent green colour and sweet banana smell unlike most oil that is amber in colour and have a distinct petroleum odor:smile:

quote from motul website:

Castrol have used Hologram seal to combat fake. i have seen it and i think it pretty hard to fake. those i brought from Ah boy have the same seal as those i got from bike shop so i guess they came from legitimate sources.

The new triple ester 300V is not green in color anymore FYI.

rien d'autre que le max.