SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not fluorescent green like the old 300V. It's more to yellowish.

both the old and new version spec sheet show the same "Yellow / Green Flurescent" colour so i thought the colouring is the same. haha...

anyway, thanks for the head up. might get a few bottles once my current supply run out. at least i won't freak myself out. haha...

Color aside, is the new formula any better or good enough to deserve the price tag? Haha

Dunno. I got it quite cheap the other time. I don't really high rev my bike as I ride on the street most of the time so after awhile I feel it's a waste of good oil. So now I just stick to semi synthetic Motul 5100. At $18 per liter it's good enough for my 530cc pallerel twin engine bike.

rien d'autre que le max.

Color aside, is the new formula any better or good enough to deserve the price tag? Haha

for most people, i doubt so.

if you are racing and you need to squeeze every last bit of horsepower, then it is worthy.

also, high-end oil sometimes might provide some extra bit of time for you to discover some sort of oil system failure in your engine to avoid major damage but only can do it for so long. here is an example.

i think for most people, we just want the feel good factor of having the best things for our engine. it just like buying a Rolex when a cheap Casio watch is good enough to tell time.

if you are racing and you need to squeeze every last bit of horsepower, then it is worthy.

also, high-end oil sometimes might provide some extra bit of time for you to discover some sort of oil system failure in your engine to avoid major damage but only can do it for so long. here is an example.

i think for most people, we just want the feel good factor of having the best things for our engine. it just like buying a Rolex when a cheap Casio watch is good enough to tell time.

Good article on the motul. Makes me wanna stay with the brand hahaha

Good article on the motul. Makes me wanna stay with the brand hahaha

Shell rotella T6 really damn good lah. :thumb:

No wonder the hype.

Selfish of USA to not import it out.

If u all have the chance do try it ok.

Take note that for the first few hundred km it will feel squeaky after that very very very very shear stable, light, smooth and best fc.

Its not your motul 300v or mobil 1.

Buts it cost me 5usd a liter.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Shell rotella T6 really damn good lah. :thumb:

No wonder the hype.

Selfish of USA to not import it out.

If u all have the chance do try it ok.

Take note that for the first few hundred km it will feel squeaky after that very very very very shear stable, light, smooth and best fc.

Its not your motul 300v or mobil 1.

Buts it cost me 5usd a liter.

Tempting.....

But not sold locally right? Need get from US?

:pray::pray:

Tempting.....

But not sold locally right? Need get from US?

In Dec b4 Christmas it was sold at offer of usd19.22 per bottle of 3.785 litre.now its selling at 26.95usd per 3.785litre bottle.i shared a shipment with naim of 4bottles and some.other stuff totalling over 125usd and your shipment will be free on amazon.com.took @2 weeks plus to reach sg.

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Yikes double post!

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

In Dec b4 Christmas it was sold at offer of usd19.22 per bottle of 3.785 litre.now its selling at 26.95usd per 3.785litre bottle.i shared a shipment with naim of 4bottles and some.other stuff totalling over 125usd and your shipment will be free on amazon.com.took @2 weeks plus to reach sg.

It is now $21.26. The price fluctuates abit sometimes but it often stay at this price. I bought from local walmart before and it's the same price as Amazon $21.26 + sales tax. $19.22 was the offer/promo period. Still a good deal for fully syn oil, don't think you can beat that locally.

It is now $21.26. The price fluctuates abit sometimes but it often stay at this price. I bought from local walmart before and it's the same price as Amazon $21.26 + sales tax. $19.22 was the offer/promo period. Still a good deal for fully syn oil, don't think you can beat that locally.

Working well so far. Love the smoothness, but i did add liquimoly oil additiv to enhance the oil additive package. Worth the price man. Awesome product! Nw just need to see hw well it lasts, but surely no issue with my scooter engine. Pretty easy on oil

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

OT abit but still on lubrication:P

just brought a tub of Bel Ray Waterproof grease.

today started to work on greasing the Swing arm bearing and bolt after seeing my colleague Swing arm bolt got stuck and became impossible to remove without cutting it.

the last time the swing arm bolt of my bike was tighten by a mechanic with air gun. i spend slightly more then an hour of knocking, lots of hard cranking using extension bar for more leverage, ton of GT85 into the thread and still the bolt will not barge even a bit:cry: feeling too tired to go on, i decide to give up and bring it to a bike shop for help during my off day.

when i reached home, i told my old man what happened. the old man being an ex-mechanic just say he will help me with the task. we packed out tools and went down again. the old man took out his own tools as he said my tools are of poor quality:mad: i am not sure is that the reason or he has better techniques, the bolt cracked open just after a couple of crank:clap: i was like WTFo_O

proceed with greasing everything needed:thumb: should be good enough for a couple of years.

Haha awesome. Probably his tools are not MIC. LOL. But seriously sometimes good quality tools help make the task easier. But in your case, maybe its the technique and experience la. Haha.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Oh man, even at e normal price for a 3.7L Eo its still pretty cheap...

Anyone have spare 2.8L to spare? haha

enjoy ur fully sythetic oil bros and a happy lunar new year!

Edited by pufferfis

aiyoh why double post...siao ah computer

HL Cycle is having a buy one get one free promotion till 29th Jan for Bardahl engine oil.

Fully synthetic 10W50 $26

Semi synthetic 10W40 $20

scooter oil 10W40 $16

thinking of getting a couple of bottle:P

COnfirm? I just checked their website, no such thread.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/mercenary_017/BusaKenji.jpg