SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

will xmax 250/300 survive trip to penang n beyond ?

kennyzz

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, snsd555 said:

@kennyzz It's my dream to take my XMAX to Phuket..

With the massive underseat storage + a top box on the back, should be more than sufficient space to bring all the barang barang along for a 1 week trip provided you pack light. I've seen other overlanders do the trip with much less space.

Here's a good article from MCN on touring on an XMAX in France:

MCN Fleet: Can you tour comfortably on the XMAX 400? | MCN (motorcyclenews.com)

I took my Tmax to Phuket with just a tunnel bag of clothes.. Xmax definitely have more than enough space.. 

Underseat was all tools and spares.. to me, that should be the way to pack.. 

when I go Golden Triangle or China, i'll just add a tail bag.. Travel light is way to go..

If the bike condition is good, rider's riding habit is good. even a 2B can travel up north. It's only a matter of how much time it will take.
As mention by member, travel lite with essential is important.
Pack what it's needed, Plan your accommodation & route, get workshop address, emergency contact & refuel station.  Lastly ride with a buddy (experience one will be better).
No rush, No fuss, you will enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, snsd555 said:

@notoriousj Bro have you taken your X1R up north? A Lot Power GIF by DreamWorks Trolls 

I have never taken my X1R up north although it could be done. I just felt it was unsafe and uncomfortable for me in traveling long distances using a cub. 

2018 - 2019: CBR150R 2012

2019 - Present: Yamaha X1-R

we have welcomed a fino and a r15 who rode all the way from thailand to singapore. 

xmax you say? 😅

What's a great life, without a great ride? 

Follow us on Social Media!

Facebook: /tri333ple

Youtube: /tri333ple

Instagram: @tri333ple

For business enquiries: Email: [email protected]

• 2 months later...

Our mind is the will to do almost everything you or anyone thought is not doable if you want to. 

Once you ride out our border you are on you own, be prepared with the unexpected. Would be good if you get to know your bike well with the common periodic problem and keep maintenance interval up to date. In the event of breakdown  you could be able to rectify it yourself.

Travel light as much as possible, bring along only the needs, the rest can get disposable during your journey. 

Fully prepared or not you will need to travel with a positive mind.

Good luck... :)

• Like 2

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

On 8/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, kennyzz said:

hey guys, read quite a few trips traveling but I don't see any much using this bike, any comments?

thx :D

(First trip) I ridden a Kawasaki Kips 150 (2 stroke) up to Hatyai before.

(2nd trip) Originally wanted to go Golden Triangle/Laos but was met with accident near Jitra thus I u-turn back alone. (too many weird incidents happened) The rest of the group did continue and went to Lao but skipped golden triangle as the dateline is too tight.

-Weird incidents-

- bike struck at RPM 7 (retify after 4th round of R&R) (wash carb and settled despite I wash it 2 weeks beforehand)

-GPS went haywire and wire came off thus low batt (check when back in Singapore, wire snapped)

-Separated from group Lost alone in wonderland

-Whole group went into KL city.

- one of the bike overheat issues

- one of the bike have FC issues. 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, kennyzz said:

hey guys, read quite a few trips traveling but I don't see any much using this bike, any comments?

thx :D

why not i have seen kups make it to hatyai

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru