SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by shiraz@Sep 25 2006, 07:10 AM

hmmm.. carbed harleys are definately louder than EFI ones. i don't know why either.. :smile:

Hey man!

Could have met you if i did not leave earlier that day at Syed Alwi Rd when you brought your ole bike down for viewing.

Back to the thing with the EFI,

Not many enthusiats are gonna be happy with the reduced volume....

But its still strange... :confused:

What I was told is that stocked exhausts are about 90 dB. Screamin' Eagles are a bit sharper in sound. Problem is Screamin' Eagles are no longer in production.

I think that EFI does something to the ignition, so it's quieter. Also meets international standards for emissions. Carburetted Harley's use CV carbs. That's what the salesperson told me. Can change the stock carburettor, but it's going to be a whopping $1,000! Good news is, that's the most expensive item. The rest (e.g pipes or ignition) won't hit the 4 digit figure :sweat:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Hey people...Anyone here knows where to get a pair of brand new 49 state mufflers for a softail? Second hand would be fine too but it totally depends on the condition.

Born to be Wild : Steppenwolf (1968)

Originally posted by gohjohan@Sep 25 2006, 12:55 PM

What I was told is that stocked exhausts are about 90 dB. Screamin' Eagles are a bit sharper in sound. Problem is Screamin' Eagles are no longer in production.

:confused: but Screamin' Eagle slip-on mufflers are still listed in the 2007 Genuine Harley Accessories/Motor Parts Catalogue leh....

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by mindfck@Sep 25 2006, 03:51 PM

hi guys,

is there an official harley davidson club ? im looking for rides for an event, will be a paid gig.

There r links in harley Sg website, can go there to check it out.

Or u can visit handle bar where many harley riders like to hang out at:smile:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by gohjohan@Sep 25 2006, 12:55 PM

I think that EFI does something to the ignition, so it's quieter. Also meets international standards for emissions. Carburetted Harley's use CV carbs. That's what the salesperson told me. Can change the stock carburettor, but it's going to be a whopping $1,000! Good news is, that's the most expensive item. The rest (e.g pipes or ignition) won't hit the 4 digit figure :sweat:

Came across an article in last Sat Business Time, was an article about Harleys and Richard was interviewed. He mentioned tat there will b 3 screaming eagle models coming in, RK, Ultra Glide & softail Springer. The cheapest will still cost a whooping S$54k and 1800cc :giddy:

The screaming accessories r still availiable but will not come in cheap :sweat:

Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 25 2006, 11:16 PM

Came across an article in last Sat Business Time, was an article about Harleys and Richard was interviewed. He mentioned tat there will b 3 screaming eagle models coming in, RK, Ultra Glide & softail Springer. The cheapest will still cost a whooping S$54k and 1800cc :giddy:

The screaming accessories r still availiable but will not come in cheap :sweat:

There was an interview on last Saturday's BT? I better dig it out from the newspaper pile in my office.

Screamin' Eagle stuff are never cheap. They enhance performance on Harleys. Anyway, try the bike stock and later try the Screamin Eagles to see if it improves the performance significantly or you'll be the one screaming :cheeky:

Originally posted by gohjohan@Sep 26 2006, 12:39 AM

There was an interview on last Saturday's BT? I better dig it out from the newspaper pile in my office.

Screamin' Eagle stuff are never cheap. They enhance performance on Harleys. Anyway, try the bike stock and later try the Screamin Eagles to see if it improves the performance significantly or you'll be the one screaming :cheeky:

I tink I be contented with the stock exhaust... dun wish to be thrown by alien items wen going home late..... or bike kena scratch by those unhapi neighbourhood :sweat:

Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 26 2006, 08:32 AM

I tink I be contented with the stock exhaust... dun wish to be thrown by alien items wen going home late..... or bike kena scratch by those unhapi neighbourhood :sweat:

When riding in, just go in as quietly as possible. I think it's basic courtesy and respect to fellow bikers and neighbours too.

Originally posted by shiraz@Sep 25 2006, 07:10 AM

hmmm.. carbed harleys are definately louder than EFI ones. i don't know why either.. :smile:

It simply because they re-tuned the muffler for the EFI model. Probably, you would find some slight change in the honeycomb catalyst material used in the EFI model. To save up explaining the jargons, EFI has a lack of back pressure as compared to carburetor, pressure wave on EFI are minimized. You guys could read up more on this at Harley Davidson official website if interested.

Cheers!

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 26 2006, 08:32 AM

Jess1717:

when is ur sporty coming out??

still waiting for the shipment??

I've been beside a Harley with stock exhaust before.

And i thought, wow, when did Honda come out with this new model.

You can't hear anything!

Had to look twice to make sure its a Harley.

Stock Harley, doesnt sound like a Harley.

Have to pass sound regulation before release.

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 26 2006, 10:45 AM

Jess1717:

Stock is already in and hv to go for homogation. Seems to me is tat I gota wait at least a month or 2 b/4 approved by LTA.....:weep:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 26 2006, 06:24 PM

Stock is already in and hv to go for homogation. Seems to me is tat I gota wait at least a month or 2 b/4 approved by LTA.....:weep:

a mth or 2?? so long??

whew...

lets meet up for a ride when u get ur new EFI sportser yeah~?

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 26 2006, 06:24 PM

a mth or 2?? so long??

whew...

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 26 2006, 07:52 PM

a mth or 2?? so long??

whew...

Normally for new bikes that are shipped in, it'll take a month or 2 to do those homogation (I always misspelled it as homogenous :cheeky: ) things to ensure that they pass LTA's standards. If the bikes fail the test, it's shipped back to that country. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll pass the homogation part.

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 26 2006, 10:45 AM

Jess1717:

what about u feng??

U got your RK liao? the one in your avatar?? :smile:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by gohjohan@Sep 26 2006, 11:51 PM

Normally for new bikes that are shipped in, it'll take a month or 2 to do those homogation (I always misspelled it as homogenous :cheeky: ) things to ensure that they pass LTA's standards. If the bikes fail the test, it's shipped back to that country. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll pass the homogation part.

Hey man, wat abt u? When u wana change your ride?:smile:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by kiamh@Sep 27 2006, 06:46 AM

what about u feng??

U got your RK liao? the one in your avatar?? :smile:

yup yup... juz got it only.. like a week plus only...

the 1 in my avatar is the tank..