SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by fengdrew@Oct 2 2006, 05:31 PM

wat exactly is homogation process??

Was told that LTA will check on bike against it documented specifications if everything was in order and usually this process will takes sometime and all dependable on LTA on the speed of the approval...... Thus, I can only sit,wait and pray that the process can be speedily...

:sleep:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Oct 2 2006, 08:09 PM

Am I entitled to YOUR NEW RIDE?

if i let you, i will complete you as a praying mantis. now would you wanna be a complete praying mantis?

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I'm in the market for a new bike, and had been riding a BMW R1100R for over 6 years. BMW prices are now beyond my reach, and a Harley seems a good change.

I went into the Harley dealership a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very impressed with the workmanship of the bikes. Looking at the price list and the specs, I narrow my options down to a Sportster 1200, and the R or the L would be the two models I like.

How is the handling of a Harley like? I rode a Suzuki Intruder 400 for 5 years and I'm always in fear during rainy days because it has a huge tendency to skid as it had a heavy rear. Are Harleys like that too?

Does anyone here use Harleys daily as a commuter bike?

Many thanks for reading my post.

1992: Suzuki GN125

1995: Suzuki Intruder 400

2000: BMW R1100R

2006: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Low

2008: BMW F800ST

2011: BMW R1200R Classic (still riding)

2015: Harley Davidson Low Rider

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 4 2006, 10:47 AM

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I'm in the market for a new bike, and had been riding a BMW R1100R for over 6 years. BMW prices are now beyond my reach, and a Harley seems a good change.

I went into the Harley dealership a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very impressed with the workmanship of the bikes. Looking at the price list and the specs, I narrow my options down to a Sportster 1200, and the R or the L would be the two models I like.

How is the handling of a Harley like? I rode a Suzuki Intruder 400 for 5 years and I'm always in fear during rainy days because it has a huge tendency to skid as it had a heavy rear. Are Harleys like that too?

I hope you don't take it into the city area 'cos it's quite a heavy bike to ride in with stop and go traffic. So far I haven't rode in the rain with it.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Hi there,

Many of us here ride bigbore cruisers into town for work (we're talking 300kg+ 1200cc and above here). I am sure with the 6 years+ of riding experience that you have, you'll be able to adjust and manage.

Just to give yourself more space and time for breaking thats all.

Hope you enjoy your new bike, and ride safe!

Have test ride the 883R to M'sia and have rode the bike on both wet and dry roads. I'm fearful to ride when rains but much to my surprise the bike is very stable even on wet roads and nimble too, u should not have any problem with it:smile:

Hey cgl!

I know of a fellow member who rides his Sportster 1200 on a daily basis for work and for touring. With the proper tires, proper braking skills and 6 year experience in riding, there should not be a problem with riding it in the rain. In terms of handling, i've personally witnessed a Sportster 1200 performing nicely in corners (he was ride behind me, and not comparing with sportbikes), with a camera stuck between his thighs at his groin area during one of our riding trips.

Between the R and L model, you might wanna go for the R model, as it comes with dual disc brakes on the front (better braking power) while the L model comes with only a single disc on the front.

Anyways, welcome to the forum! We meet up on fridays here. Drop by sometime.

Many thanks for the warm responses, wasn't expecting so many comments in such a short period of time! :smile:

Actually, I have been riding for 14 years, spent 3 years on a GN125, 5 years on an Intruder 400 and 6 years on this current R1100R. Size doesn't intimidate me, but poor braking behaviour in an emergency does. My Intruder can even skid on dry ground due to its poor balance.

I didn't notice that Roadsters have dual front discs. Thanks for pointing that out. To me, the most attractive part of a Roadster is the black powder engine. It spells ease of maintenance for me.

I normally keep my bike for a long time, hence looking for a good keeper for the next 5 to 10 years. I wonder how is the maintenance and reliability like for Harleys. My friend told me the one he had isn't very reliable.

I'll probably pop by next week for prata, and oogling over all the bikes that I cannot have!

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 4 2006, 02:41 PM

Size doesn't intimidate me, but poor braking behaviour in an emergency does.

Understand where u are coming from. But it is managable, it's just that u need to remember to manage it especially when it rains (it's easy to forget - at least for me).

With such riding experience, there shouldn't be a problem at all for u. :)

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 4 2006, 02:41 PM

I'll probably pop by next week for prata, and oogling over all the bikes that I cannot have!

If you are looking at a new sportster, then you can afford most of the bikes, especially the metric cruisers we ride, of course with an exception, and that be Jo-Han's brand new Fatboy. If you go for that, you can get 2-3 of our metric cruisers. One of our guys just got a used VTX1800 a very good price. Of course you'll have to ask him personally for the cost. :)

have bike will travel . . . . .

www.kruzer.sg

Originally posted by Steppenwolf@Oct 4 2006, 03:58 PM

Understand where u are coming from. But it is managable, it's just that u need to remember to manage it especially when it rains (it's easy to forget - at least for me).

With such riding experience, there shouldn't be a problem at all for u. :)

I may have a lot of on the road experience, but my skills and reflexes may not be that good. And every little bit of help from the bike is always much appreciated in an emergency, or when riding conditions are terrible.

Originally posted by isaac chan@Oct 4 2006, 05:16 PM

If you are looking at a new sportster, then you can afford most of the bikes, especially the metric cruisers we ride, of course with an exception, and that be Jo-Han's brand new Fatboy. If you go for that, you can get 2-3 of our metric cruisers. One of our guys just got a used VTX1800 a very good price. Of course you'll have to ask him personally for the cost. :)

To put it this way, riding is my love. I'm not rich, just maybe more willing to shell out more for a good ride to and from work.

And just like women, we can only have one at a time (with some exceptions, of course), so every nice passing bike will get more than a second glance from me! :cheeky:

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 4 2006, 07:24 PM

When I am new in cruiser, I am not welcome and invited. :weep:

Ha ha...I thought someone did invite you to Pitstop when you first grace cruiser forum?

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 4 2006, 08:04 PM

:? ... no leh ...

But didn't you receive the invitation in the mail? (hohoho... just joking ah....)

:smile:

We've never been so exclusive, that an invitation is required to turn up at our friday night meet ups. Friday nights are and have been open to all (for as long as i know). However, we do try to reach out an welcome those who seem new and/or lost in our cruiser section.

I guess since you've always seem to be been dishing out advice and gems of wisdom, people probably thought u knew who were are and where to find us.

For me, I chose to follow my dream. Not an easy decision. Yeah 3 metric big bore cruisers if they are 2nd hand :cheeky:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

2nd hand, but tested and proven in numerous long and short distance rides (edit: in rain or shine, on city roads, country roads, off roads (slight), highways :cheeky:).

At 1/3 the price of a new machine, those (like me) who have a slightly smaller pocket or dont see the point in losing almost >1/3 of the bike price in the 1st year, can use the money saved to lump it on misc accessories.

But hey, if the pocket is big enough, nothing beats the feeling of running in your new bike. I had mine, a TA200, but after that, its old bikes for me.

If you go for that, you can get 2-3 of our metric cruisers.

3 cruisers for the price of 1......hmmmm...

Cool.... with 3 bikes, i could use the first for daily rides, the second will be a dedicated "ride-in-the-rain" bike (will let the maid worry about washing it), and the third i have it nicely buffed and polished so that people can pose and take photos of it (in case they can't get hold of a magazine....) :D

Hahahahaha, such vanity.....

Ok, i apologise for going off-topic. Back to the real discussion now...

Originally posted by Steppenwolf@Oct 5 2006, 01:08 PM

3 cruisers for the price of 1......hmmmm...

Cool.... with 3 bikes, i could use the first for daily rides, the second will be a dedicated "ride-in-the-rain" bike (will let the maid worry about washing it), and the third i have it nicely buffed and polished so that people can pose and take photos of it (in case they can't get hold of a magazine....) :D

Hahahahaha, such vanity.....

Ok, i apologise for going off-topic. Back to the real discussion now...

:bow:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 5 2006, 03:57 PM

My bike is coming out in time.

Tonight out for riding, see you guys 7.30pm at the agent. :cheer:

oooppsss.. saw this post way too late...

anyway i oso cannot make it..

hows the ride? many harleys turn up?

about 20 turns out....

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio