SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by boxsurat@Sep 29 2006, 04:49 PM

too bad.. have to wait another 6 months. feel very long waiting haiz... :help:

6more mths??

nah its ok... i waited even longer for my cl2a... 3 and a half yr to get my cl2a..

so u cfm getting a Harley too when ya get ur cl2??

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Sep 30 2006, 02:25 PM

Carbs tech still the best ! :D

I haven't tried the EFI, so I don't know, but if you want convenience, go for EFI 'cos for carburettors, you have to open the choke and listen to the engine before closing the choke, even to half way. Many a time, I've got it wrong and I'm still learning.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 29 2006, 12:34 PM

U cant ry Vance & Hines if ya wan bassy.. or Rinehart for loud n bassy.

Python 3 is loud too.. but on the higher pitch end...

if fact when u search the net, u will find quite alot of pipes/mufflers for Rdking that give u the tune u wan...

Maybe we can all meet up after Jess1717 got her ride?

vanes & hines produces decibels good enuff for ur ears..

but I heard it corrodes very easily..

mine still serving me well!:cheeky:

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

gohjohan, whats the color of your Fatboy? Havent seen one around our area yet. You around bukit timah right? dont forget to wave hello to a little Thunderbird when you see him........cheers

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

hey Johan... got the Fatboy even before SBBF ah... :bounce: didn't tell me although u saw me there ah.. hahah had to find out myself :p

u said u spoiled the running in part? why is that? what wrong did u do?

hmmm i think i might know why u sweat la... because you're not wearing a novelty helmet! lol.. nolah approved helmets are safer, yes, BUT they're damn uncomfortable. delusional ppl who buy harleys (read: every harley rider) would want to feel the wind in their face and flies in their teeth. sand in the ears and maybe brake dust up the nose. so that is why they wear novelty helmets. :smile:

Feng.. so how's the ride so far? eh noticed that your avatar and my sig is almost the same ah.. different angle, different colour, different model, same king!:thumb:

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 30 2006, 05:30 AM

6more mths??

nah its ok... i waited even longer for my cl2a... 3 and a half yr to get my cl2a..

so u cfm getting a Harley too when ya get ur cl2??

Yup, I like how harley roar. but might not straight away to buy. family man has other priorities :sweat:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by marvypower@Sep 30 2006, 05:05 PM

vanes & hines produces decibels good enuff for ur ears..

but I heard it corrodes very easily..

mine still serving me well!:cheeky:

corrodes?? where??

inside the pipes??

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by shiraz@Sep 30 2006, 10:23 PM

hey Johan... got the Fatboy even before SBBF ah... :bounce: didn't tell me although u saw me there ah.. hahah had to find out myself :p

hmmm i think i might know why u sweat la... because you're not wearing a novelty helmet! lol.. nolah approved helmets are safer, yes, BUT they're damn uncomfortable. delusional ppl who buy harleys (read: every harley rider) would want to feel the wind in their face and flies in their teeth. sand in the ears and maybe brake dust up the nose. so that is why they wear novelty helmets. :smile:

Feng.. so how's the ride so far? eh noticed that your avatar and my sig is almost the same ah.. different angle, different colour, different model, same king!:thumb:

great ride.. but think the previous owner nv rides it.. so the internal a bit jam up.. need to ride more..

love the tune n bassy of it.. but i m thinking of changing to Rinehart.. but only worries is tat i will get water bags thrown down on me every morning.. haha~

i love the tank.. it not decal.. its airbrush.. nice... got the inspiration from urs ma.. hee~

so when are we gng out for a ride??

any other Kings or Harleys? or crusiers?

Originally posted by Throttle+Sep 30 2006, 07:26 PM-->
QUOTE (Throttle @ Sep 30 2006, 07:26 PM)
gohjohan, whats the color of your Fatboy? Havent seen one around our area yet. You around bukit timah right? dont forget to wave hello to a little Thunderbird when you see him........cheers[/b]

It's a 2-tone of blue and silver. The pipes are stock and silent so sadly you won't be able to hear me coming. I'll wave to you if I can recognise your bike and maybe your car.

Originally posted by shiraz@Sep 30 2006, 10:23 PM

hey Johan... got the Fatboy even before SBBF ah... icon-bounce.gif didn't tell me although u saw me there ah.. hahah had to find out myself icon-tongue.gif

hmmm i think i might know why u sweat la... because you're not wearing a novelty helmet! lol.. nolah approved helmets are safer, yes, BUT they're damn uncomfortable. delusional ppl who buy harleys (read: every harley rider) would want to feel the wind in their face and flies in their teeth. sand in the ears and maybe brake dust up the nose. so that is why they wear novelty helmets. icon-smile.gif

Sorry, I had to keep it quiet 'cos I don't want the attention. I got it 'cos it's my dream bike and yes, I'll like some time to know my Harley better and master the bike before going on any long trips with it.

For the running in part, I over-revved the engine a few times and for the choke lever, I tend to close it a bit too early when riding, so the engine splutters. I have to learn to control the engine idling and then I think the bike will perform better. Somemore I end up in jams unintentionally. Tomorrow I'll ride my bike after church and take it on the expressways.

So you recommend me to change my helmet too? Yeah, I will. I should take my half cap instead of my normal approved helmet. Pity tomorrow I'll be riding everywhere. TP will could be anywhere too :cheeky:

Originally posted by fengdrew@Oct 1 2006, 12:03 AM

great ride.. but think the previous owner nv rides it.. so the internal a bit jam up.. need to ride more..

love the tune n bassy of it.. but i m thinking of changing to Rinehart.. but only worries is tat i will get water bags thrown down on me every morning.. haha~

i love the tank.. it not decal.. its airbrush.. nice... got the inspiration from urs ma.. hee~

so when are we gng out for a ride??

any other Kings or Harleys? or crusiers?

I if u guys riding Call me too.

HP: 9699-9996

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Funfly@Oct 1 2006, 01:36 AM

I if u guys riding Call me too.

HP: 9699-9996

Sure will do Funfly...

any more riders??

NormalAspirated: coming Thursday nite??

tats a great idea...

where will be a good place?

Any 1 else wanna meet up on this Thurs (05/10)

Every wednesday/friday will be great

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 1 2006, 01:31 PM

I am fine hope my bike ok by then.

Can ask Tincan, Ritmo and ... ... ...

All meet at agent 7.30pm, moving off 8pm. Places and suchs can discuss there. :p

Thur 1930hrs dealership??

isnt tat HOG non member ride?

aiyah..

then I shouldn't sell my sportster so fast..

else can let u ride song song first...

anyway didn't use it for 3 months..

but my RK more precious to me..

muz make sure I see it everyday before I go to work =)

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Originally posted by William Tan@Oct 2 2006, 10:12 AM

Hey guys, just wondering, i thought it is not really advisable to ride with choke on open?

Nope. Doing that will foul the plugs. Not sure if it's wet or dry foul. Either way, I don't want to find out. The fouling comes when the air and fuel mixture gets too rich.

Originally posted by gohjohan@Oct 2 2006, 10:27 AM

Nope. Doing that will foul the plugs. Not sure if it's wet or dry foul. Either way, I don't want to find out. The fouling comes when the air and fuel mixture gets too rich.

Oh... so you meant to say you tend to close the choke too early before riding off...

and for the choke lever, I tend to close it a bit too early when riding

Anyways, dont worry too much about the over-revving of the engine during run in.

Just dont do it too often and it should not be a problem. And also remember the initial engine oil and filter change.

Half-caps, though look nice and suit the part, do not provide half as much protection as a standard open-face helmet. Ride safe man, and enjoy your new ride.

:cheeky:

Originally posted by William Tan@Oct 2 2006, 10:36 AM

Oh... so you meant to say you tend to close the choke too early before riding off...

and for the choke lever, I tend to close it a bit too early when riding

Anyways, dont worry too much about the over-revving of the engine during run in.

Just dont do it too often and it should not be a problem. And also remember the initial engine oil and filter change.

Half-caps, though look nice and suit the part, do not provide half as much protection as a standard open-face helmet. Ride safe man, and enjoy your new ride.

:cheeky:

Correct. That's what I mean, by closing the choke too early. I should have remembered what the salesman told me

"You'll hear things on the Harley that you don't hear on the Japanese bikes, such as when the engine is off and the 'tick, tick' sound comes in. That's when the metal is contracting."

I didn't expect when riding, I'll hear and feel the bike is different from the Japanese cruisers. I always felt that when I close the choke too early, the revving dies down too quickly.

Thanks for the blessing, William :smile:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Oct 1 2006, 10:36 PM

Too bad cant join u guys.... :weep:

BTW, saw a group of harleys at CV last Wednesday.... really hope to get my ride soon....!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

still no news as of when u b gettin ur ride??

Originally posted by fengdrew@Oct 2 2006, 01:10 PM

still no news as of when u b gettin ur ride??

Homogation process always takes a while.