SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by kiamh@Sep 16 2006, 08:47 AM

Hey guys,

Apart from the HD dealership, SBF, SHarley.com, Yahoo, SunHogs etc... what are the other places where a would-be Harley rider look for suitable rides?? :smile:

have to try your luck man , i saw one in yishun industrial last time , now i guess no more liao . maybe can try there again ? :)

A New Rider A New Bike A New Hope ~!

~~TA200 Phantom custom 4 ~ 2004 to 2006

A old Rider , A old Bike but still A New Hope~!

~~Dragstar 4TR custom 2006 to 2007

A forgotten Rider, An old legend, A returned Hope~!

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

A returned Rider, Another legend, forever hope~!

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by kiamh@Sep 16 2006, 08:47 AM

Hey guys,

Apart from the HD dealership, SBF, SHarley.com, Yahoo, SunHogs etc... what are the other places where a would-be Harley rider look for suitable rides?? :smile:

Kiamh, wat model r u looking at?

U can try Samsoon at cck or sunburst at amk, sometimes they may have 2nd hand bikes there.. but not always..

Or u can enquire thru them... cos bikers tat go down to their workshop to service may wanna sell their bike.. they sure knw a thing or 2...

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 16 2006, 06:30 PM

Kiamh, wat model r u looking at?

U can try Samsoon at cck or sunburst at amk, sometimes they may have 2nd hand bikes there.. but not always..

Or u can enquire thru them... cos bikers tat go down to their workshop to service may wanna sell their bike.. they sure knw a thing or 2...

Thanks... :smile: Actually,I'm still undecided on which bike I wanna get... Evershine quoted me just under $22k for a new VN1600, which I felt was not too bad (with 1st party insurance)... cheaper than the 03 VTX13 @ Loois.

I'm not gonna restrict myself to a HD, even though I'm a huge HD fan :sweat: I need to make sure that the bike is financially comfortable for me to keep long term.. dilemma dilemma....

Continue looking around... until the right bike comes along...

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Sep 19 2006, 02:10 AM

In biking, never follow your brain, always follow your heart ... otherwise, sometimes later ... regrets sat in. :D

:smile: you're probably right.... but I really need something that I can afford comfortably, dun wanna stretch my finances too tight :cheeky:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Sep 19 2006, 02:10 AM

In biking, never follow your brain, always follow your heart ... otherwise, sometimes later ... regrets sat in. :D

Brain comes in when you don't have money. Sometimes you have to follow your heart.

My brain tells me. My dream bike, the FLSTF Fat Boy costs almost $40K OTR (especially when I'm still below 30). When COE is going to be renewed in 10 years time, I would have spent at least $20K on it!

Let's say you strike 4D and get $100K, I'm sure you'll buy a Harley :cheeky:

I'm sure even if you own it for at least 1 week and took lots of pics of you with the bike, there'll be no regrets :cheer:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

yeah man..

dun buy any other bikes to substitute ur dream bike..

I bought a Sportster to think it can substitute my dream Roadking...

after abt 8 months,

still got a Roadking after all..

lost almost 10k on the sportster

(travelled

If finances are tight, just hang on and wait awhile..

u may come across a good buy along the way. :goodluck:

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Originally posted by marvypower@Sep 19 2006, 10:31 AM

If finances are tight, just hang on and wait awhile..

u may come across a good buy along the way. :goodluck:

Ignore my previous post about striking 4D. Only to be attempted if you have nothing to lose.

A good buy is hard, but not impossible. I do see the advertising from the occasional expatriate who's selling. The last ad that was seen was at Jelita. Some expatriate selling his '04 Fat Boy for $22K. Apparently, it's sold now.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Sep 19 2006, 12:59 PM

Bro,

Remember

"NOTHING BEATS THE REAL THING!"

Just hope I can be patient enuff to wait for the right Harley to rumble along :sweat:

Neway, I'm almost broke now after doing up my new home.... :sian:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Originally posted by nights@Sep 19 2006, 02:08 PM

I'm curious. What is the real thing? :confused:

Oh yours is a Real Big Thing! :cheeky:

Mine is a Real Loud Thing..

We all have Real Things! :thumb:

many expatriates tend to sell their nicely done up Harleys at below market price.

Seen a nicely done up Soft Tail going at only $14k and he showed me the receipt of his last overhaul which includes some cosmetic improvements...

spent 3k just a few days back..

but he only had 2 weeks for me to consider and...

last I knew was he sold to motorshop at 12k and flew back home..

Motorshop sold it off at 18k... o_O

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 9 2006, 01:20 PM

Jess1717,

so how ur sporster coming along??

stil keen on 06model 883R??

Hey feng, sorry miss your post to me....

I have actually make a booking for the 50th ani sposter during the BIG BIKE FEAST..... but then........ I still love the look of a 883R....... Im vexed whether shd I buy the 883R or the Ani.....:giddy:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 22 2006, 10:09 PM

I have actually make a booking for the 50th ani sposter during the BIG BIKE FEAST..... but then........ I still love the look of a 883R....... Im vexed whether shd I buy the 883R or the Ani.....:giddy:

How much are the 883R and Ani respectively?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/201108/tarka.gif

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 22 2006, 10:33 PM

883R is around S$19,500/= inc insurance and ani is S$25,500/= inc insurance

50th ani n the normal 883R so much difference in price?

hmmm...

so when will ur bike arrived??

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 23 2006, 03:39 AM

50th ani n the normal 883R so much difference in price?

hmmm...

so when will ur bike arrived??

Both models r already in SG, unfortunately I'm not able to view the orange color ani, only black was displayed. But then I still love the black plastic parts of 883R coz I dun think I'm tat diligent to clean the chrome parts of the ani. I think settle for 883R more likely...

Ani is 1200cc and the price is slightly higher than the XL 1200

:smile:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 23 2006, 08:12 PM

The XL1200 is around S$24,500/= only a thousand lower than the 50th ani if I not remembered wrongly...

U keen for the XL1200?:smile:

I luv the look of the R.. Blacked out engine,rubber mounts..Add a visor and belly and wala! a cafe racer.other colurs besides the orange are spectacular too

Cant afford 1 now.just acquired a 400cc Jap early this yr with a loan commitment of 4 yrs.What with half-sponsoring the wife her parttime degree and planning for kids,i think got to shelf the idea for a 'little' while. :weep:

Like u , i also like the 883R or the roadster for that matter.The Custom is a plus with its bigger tank but just dont tickle my fancy .i find it a bit...Jap ...GN250, ring a bell?

sorry guys no offence

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/201108/tarka.gif