SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 27 2006, 12:26 PM

yup yup... juz got it only.. like a week plus only...

the 1 in my avatar is the tank..

good for you :thumb:

only god knows when will be my turn... :sian:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by fengdrew+Sep 27 2006, 12:28 PM-->
QUOTE (fengdrew @ Sep 27 2006, 12:28 PM)
this evening? tot u juz got ur Shadow??

So wats ur new ride?? [/b]

Yup, I did in a sense just got my Shadow, but the last carburetted Fat Boy sitting in the showroom, still 5-speed, 1450cc engine, I just couldn't resist. As we all know, next year's models will not be the same anymore. IMO, if I want a 6-speed gearbox, I might as well ride a Phantom. Sorry, I still haven't gotten over how bad my Phantom was.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by gohjohan@Sep 27 2006, 01:18 PM

For me, I thankfully still have money for my wedding and honeymoon. But, there's 1 catch. My fiancee doesn't approve of the Harley. :help:

Well Johan .. tell her its better a Harley then another woman! :)

You can almost not take your Harley to bed!

have bike will travel . . . . .

www.kruzer.sg

Originally posted by NormalAspirated+Sep 27 2006, 12:18 PM-->
QUOTE (NormalAspirated @ Sep 27 2006, 12:18 PM)
Frankly, cool down and look ... isn't stock or attachment mods is good enough ? Can I max out it power ? Do I have the time ride this beloved monster everyday ? Am I willing to spend or put the money to good use (I am just a end user and also I am just afforable, not super rich).

Accepting high and low FC is depending on individual. Some find Street Rod 12.5/L is heavy but I find it acceptable. [/b]

So... errr....

With so many questions asked,

Do YOU follow what the brain is telling, or are you just following your heart? :D

Wow... seems many of u follow your heart than your wallet..... hahaha.... of coz only if you can afford it lah....

Couldnt resist it too and have kept thinking about her.. day & nite, in my dreams....... but ppl tell me "u got only 1 butt, how to ride so many??"..... will still have to be practical if its viable to keep more than 1 especially when its time to renew road tax and insurances :giddy:

I follow my heart and booked the sportser!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my new ride and hope tat I can join u guys sometime:cheer:

Johan & feng,

Have fun with your new ride:cheer:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by This Old Man+Sep 27 2006, 02:41 PM-->
QUOTE (This Old Man @ Sep 27 2006, 02:41 PM)

But Johan, you can't possibly relate a 6-speed Harley, with a Phantom!

There's no connection, zero, nada, nil...

They are 2 totally different bikes.

:cheeky: [/b]

Different bikes, definitely. I still have my hang ups about Phantoms after that (explesive) bike nearly killed me on the CTE when the engine seized up. Whenever I think of 6-speed gears, I'm reminded of that Phantom.

For me, I thankfully still have money for my wedding and honeymoon. But, there's 1 catch. My fiancee doesn't approve of the Harley. :help:

Hey Johan! Congrats on your new bike!

Now we have almost 2 of every bike. :thumb:

- 2 sportster here.

- 2 RK here.

- Anyone here has another FatBoy?

Now... About the Fiancee part, maybe she'll get over it after a while. Just bring her out for a ride... Don't worry too much about it ya? Remember, you've bought the bike, but you've also set aside a sum of your money for the 2 of you, and thats very thoughtful.

But if all else fails...

Maybe you might wanna try this.

Guranteed "Miles of Smiles"

:D :D :D

(edit) Now, when only can I get my Road King? I'm still stuck with my Phantom!!

Guest fengdrew

Yup, I did in a sense just got my Shadow, but the last carburetted Fat Boy sitting in the showroom, still 5-speed, 1450cc engine, I just couldn't resist. As we all know, next year's models will not be the same anymore. IMO, if I want a 6-speed gearbox, I might as well ride a Phantom. Sorry, I still haven't gotten over how bad my Phantom was.

I think you mentioned something about obtaining it after getting married.

Johan: hows ur Fatboy? took it round the neighbourhood le ma?

How was it?

its a 06 carb model??

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by boxsurat@Sep 27 2006, 02:35 PM

wah congratz bro, finally your dream is come true.

:cheer:

Thanks alot Bro...

so hows ur customising to your Slasher? any pics to show?/

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 27 2006, 02:51 PM

Wow... seems many of u follow your heart than your wallet..... hahaha.... of coz only if you can afford it lah....

Couldnt resist it too and have kept thinking about her.. day & nite, in my dreams....... but ppl tell me "u got only 1 butt, how to ride so many??"..... will still have to be practical if its viable to keep more than 1 especially when its time to renew road tax and insurances :giddy:

I follow my heart and booked the sportser!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my new ride and hope tat I can join u guys sometime:cheer:

Johan & feng,

Have fun with your new ride:cheer:

Welcome to the "Heart-Follower" Club...

I believe no 1 in the right state of mind would buy a Harley. haha...

Maybe all of us in this thread can meet up for a coffee n ride n bikes admirations someday...

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 28 2006, 09:13 AM

Johan: hows ur Fatboy? took it round the neighbourhood le ma?

How was it?

its a 06 carb model??

It's heavy, seat's a bit higher than the Yamaha Dragstar, power is there and I can't use it 'cos I'm running in the engine. Worse still, I think I spoilt the running in part. The exhaust is a bit on the quiet side, but definitely louder than the Shadow 750.

The bike is heavy and therefore stable. Even cornering, the clearance is good. But it's hot. Everytime I remove my helmet, my head is wet :giddy:

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by gohjohan@Sep 28 2006, 09:50 AM

It's heavy, seat's a bit higher than the Yamaha Dragstar, power is there and I can't use it 'cos I'm running in the engine. Worse still, I think I spoilt the running in part. The exhaust is a bit on the quiet side, but definitely louder than the Shadow 750.

The bike is heavy and therefore stable. Even cornering, the clearance is good. But it's hot. Everytime I remove my helmet, my head is wet :giddy:

Most of the Harley Model stock seat r relatively higher.. cos its meant for the ang mos ma..

but u definitely can get a low profile seat from lapera or badlander... add coolness and attitude to the look...

quiet? Fat boy is 1 of those tat can be customised alot n beautifully...

but take it slow bro...

enjoy every part of riding a harley..

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 28 2006, 12:13 PM

Most of the Harley Model stock seat r relatively higher.. cos its meant for the ang mos ma..

but u definitely can get a low profile seat from lapera or badlander... add coolness and attitude to the look...

but take it slow bro...

I'm getting used to the high seat height. I don't plan to change my seat at the moment.

Exhaust is relatively quiet. I'll worry about the customisation later, especially after the run in stage.

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 28 2006, 12:13 PM

but take it slow bro...

I'm thinking of changing to Corbin seat.... the original one seems too small for my big butt....:cheeky:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by fengdrew@Sep 28 2006, 09:14 AM

Thanks alot Bro...

so hows ur customising to your Slasher? any pics to show?/

i only put higher raiser and drag handle bar. anyway the bike has been customised :smile: too bad my digi cam is spoilt. btw after ride the bike, it's make me wants to upgrade to harley as well (there must something with the bike hehehe):cheeky:

one day hopefully can join with you guys.

hey guys congrad with with your new rides,

Call me if u guys going for a ride, love to join in.

Stock RK, looking around for a nice exhuast to put in.

Couldn't decide which brand exhuast..... too many type of sound........

My ride need a exhaust......$$$$...

:bounce:

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio

Originally posted by Funfly@Sep 29 2006, 02:35 AM

Me too man....At the moment I have a pair of RB racing 2 into 1 exhausts. I want to try something else too. If you're going pipe shopping, tell me. Maybe we can combine our purchase and get it cheaper.

Born to be Wild : Steppenwolf (1968)

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Jess1717@Sep 28 2006, 04:36 PM

I'm thinking of changing to Corbin seat.... the original one seems too small for my big butt....:cheeky:

hmmm... corbin got bigger seats??

dint knw tat...

try ebay guys~

lots of cheap n good stuffs..

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by boxsurat@Sep 28 2006, 05:45 PM

i only put higher raiser and drag handle bar. anyway the bike has been customised :smile: too bad my digi cam is spoilt. btw after ride the bike, it's make me wants to upgrade to harley as well (there must something with the bike hehehe):cheeky:

one day hopefully can join with you guys.

true.. the bike is really quite well customised le...

U be taking ur cl2 soon rite??

or have u alr got ur cl2???

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by Funfly@Sep 29 2006, 02:35 AM

U cant ry Vance & Hines if ya wan bassy.. or Rinehart for loud n bassy.

Python 3 is loud too.. but on the higher pitch end...

if fact when u search the net, u will find quite alot of pipes/mufflers for Rdking that give u the tune u wan...

Maybe we can all meet up after Jess1717 got her ride?