SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by William Tan@Oct 10 2006, 06:16 PM

so when are you gonna change your pipes man?

As soon as I can do my research on them. Any recommendations?

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Yep.. Screaming Eagles seems to be very popular...

Then there's the Python (correct spelling?)...

Cant say i know much about these pipes... Dont apply much to me.. :p

Or you can do it the cheapest way, by removing the baffles of your stock pipes.

Not only it will be loud, fine for modification of OEM exhaust pipes is cheaper than that of replacement of OEM exhaust with non-approved after-market ones, and for Harleys, dont think there are any approved after-market exhausts, are there?

But whether the baffles of the originals can still be replaced when you need to go for inspection, i'm not sure. Anyone knows?

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by free spirit@Oct 10 2006, 11:01 PM

yep will do

like cgl my bike is also somewhere ,ocean ? LTA ? yes it's long wait after sucessfully bidding number and COE. good thing that i'll be away for a week, maybe that will keep me from thinking about the bike and keep me awayform the dealership for awhile ...ha ...ha...

batu pahat sounds good if can find time..

Wat bidded number??

:lovestruck:

Guest fengdrew

01. shiraz - Roadking

02. NormalAspirated - Orange Sportster

03. gohjohan - Fatboy

04. funfly - Roadking

05. Ritmo - Sportster

06. Jess1717 - Sportster (soon-to-be)

07. fengdrew - Roadking

08. Oldun - Vrod & T-sport

09. Marvypower - Roadking

10. Jammer - Orange Sportster

11. cgl - Sportster 1200 Low (soon-to-be)

12. Tincan - Vrod

13. free spirit - Sportster 883 Low (soon-to-be)

Any 1 going to dealership tmolo?

Originally posted by fengdrew@Oct 11 2006, 01:18 PM

Wat bidded number??

:lovestruck:

License plate number. Something which I should have done :mad:

Then I would get FBB (Fat Boy Biker) instead of FBA (Fat Boy in Action) :cheeky:

Saw a disturbing incident today while travelling to work.

I was on PIE towards Jalan Bahar. From far I saw a Harley, probably a Road King (getting to ID Harleys better now) travelling on the rightmost lane. I thought I have a closer look at the bike so I picked up from my usual cruising speed of 90 to about 110, and I cannot catch up at all. That guy was probably doing about 120.

Then he was blocked by a car in front of him. Instead of slowing down or changing lane, he tailgated that car, maybe about 1m or less behind, trying to get the car to change lane and give way. It seems like he felt he owned that lane! Mind you, the car is probably doing 100+ already. It looked like a very dangerous situation. That 300+ kg thing is not going to stop in time if the car decides to play punk and just tapped on the brakes.

The car then kept left a little and the Harley overtook on the right and gave a very rude hand gesture to the driver, and the two vehicles were very close. Looks like a Caucasian rider, with orange Harley jacket, dark sunglasses and all.

This reminds me of what my wife told me when I said I'm having an interest in Harleys. She dislikes Harleys as she always thought that Harley riders are just ego-laden flashy males with their chrome and loud exhaust. And after today's incident, I thought, hell, am I going to be labelled as such coming November?

I guess such riders are a minority, but given the general opinion about Harley riders, it will register more strongly in people's minds.

1992: Suzuki GN125

1995: Suzuki Intruder 400

2000: BMW R1100R

2006: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Low

2008: BMW F800ST

2011: BMW R1200R Classic (still riding)

2015: Harley Davidson Low Rider

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 12 2006, 09:29 AM

I was on PIE towards Jalan Bahar. From far I saw a Harley, probably a Road King (getting to ID Harleys better now) travelling on the rightmost lane. I thought I have a closer look at the bike so I picked up from my usual cruising speed of 90 to about 110, and I cannot catch up at all. That guy was probably doing about 120.

Then he was blocked by a car in front of him. Instead of slowing down or changing lane, he tailgated that car, maybe about 1m or less behind, trying to get the car to change lane and give way. It seems like he felt he owned that lane! Mind you, the car is probably doing 100+ already. It looked like a very dangerous situation. That 300+ kg thing is not going to stop in time if the car decides to play punk and just tapped on the brakes.

The car then kept left a little and the Harley overtook on the right and gave a very rude hand gesture to the driver, and the two vehicles were very close. Looks like a Caucasian rider, with orange Harley jacket, dark sunglasses and all.

This reminds me of what my wife told me when I said I'm having an interest in Harleys. She dislikes Harleys as she always thought that Harley riders are just ego-laden flashy males with their chrome and loud exhaust. And after today's incident, I thought, hell, am I going to be labelled as such coming November?

I guess such riders are a minority, but given the general opinion about Harley riders, it will register more strongly in people's minds.

I wouldn't say it's the ego. When you find the horse-pulling power that you've got, the temptation to open throttle to go faster is there. Beware of that dark side!

hey... not to worry cgl. Not all Harley riders are like that. And in like most situations, its the few bad-eggs that stink up the whole basket.

Another thing is, if he's got that amount of torque/horse-pulling-power, why not just overtake the car? Is there really a need to tailgate that closely?

If its not the ego, then its stupidity. But then again, stupidity often occurs when ego swells up and overrides the function of the brain.

Tailgating kills...

Originally posted by William Tan@Oct 12 2006, 11:11 AM

hey... not to worry cgl. Not all Harley riders are like that. And in like most situations, its the few bad-eggs that stink up the whole basket.

Another thing is, if he's got that amount of torque/horse-pulling-power, why not just overtake the car? Is there really a need to tailgate that closely?

If its not the ego, then its stupidity. But then again, stupidity often occurs when ego swells up and overrides the function of the brain.

Tailgating kills...

Yeah, pple who tailgate are Dumbasses (regardless of car, bike or truck)

But it takes a special breed of DUMBASS to tailgate a car in a bike. HELLO? Cars have a steel cage to protect them... u don't! HELLO? o_O

Like William said with that horsepower, just shift down, throttle up, and get the hell outta dodge (ie, overtake).

Why the hell bother with whole tailgating thing? Probably some testosterone overdose syndrome.

Ok, enuf ranting for now.

(Btw i agree with William, it's not a Harley thing, it's a Dumbass thing).

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 12 2006, 05:25 AM

See you guys tonight 7.30pm at agent. 8pm move off. :p

Come abit early talk cocck ssing song. :D

NormalAspirated: im so sorry.. think i m unable to make it tonight..

my Queen isnt feeling well tdy.. gonna stay home n acc her.. Enjoy.. hope to meet up w u real soon..

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 12 2006, 09:24 AM

Sound like someone I know. Is the road king black in color? Is the rider middle built and wear a black glossing half cap?

cc. Johan - with great power comes great responsibility. :lol:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by nights@Oct 12 2006, 10:25 PM

Sound like someone I know. Is the road king black in color? Is the rider middle built and wear a black glossing half cap?

cc. Johan - with great power comes great responsibility. :lol:

I can only see the side panniers for the bike, I think it is black.

Rider medium built but wearing an open face helmet without visor but with black sunglasses.

Ride safe! Keep the ego at home when we are on 2 wheels!

Anyway, aren't Harley riders suppose to cruise slowly to allow others to have a good view of the piece of art they are riding?

I like to see a Harley cruising on the road. Always never fail to keep me mesmerized for the moment. Never thought of owning one though, until now.

Originally posted by free spirit@Oct 13 2006, 12:04 AM

no choice of colour only black available. hopefully Nov yes.

I had actually wanted only a black machine and they had none. Initially they told me that I can order and it'll come in April. I don't mind the wait though.

However, after a couple of phone calls, they told me that there is a black XL1200L in the Nov shipment.

I like it all black. And actually I like the matt black speedometer of the 883 version more. The less chrome the better! Less cleaning hassle.

Maybe we'll be collecting at the same time!

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 13 2006, 10:01 AM

I had actually wanted only a black machine and they had none. Initially they told me that I can order and it'll come in April. I don't mind the wait though.

However, after a couple of phone calls, they told me that there is a black XL1200L in the Nov shipment.

I like it all black. And actually I like the matt black speedometer of the 883 version more. The less chrome the better! Less cleaning hassle.

Maybe we'll be collecting at the same time!

yep cgl

we'll probably be collecting bikes about the same time. hope to meet up then.

going off the air for the next week or so. talk to you guys.

cheerio

have a nice week

Originally posted by cgl@Oct 12 2006, 09:24 AM

This is the kind of blacksheep that causes other Harley riders in trouble.

Seems to hear alot of complaints regarding Harley lately, loud exhaust, inconsiderate rider......

Originally posted by kiamh@Oct 16 2006, 08:27 PM

Harley Davidson speaks out against loud exhausts

Just another coock and buull story ... :p

Big firm sing song for making a living. :pity: They can't go against the gov ...

Deep inside, all harley riders knows this is crap ! :lol:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/Daryous/My%20Motorcycles/NAFeelingLucky.gif

Guest fengdrew
Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 19 2006, 11:24 PM

Aiyoooo ... nobody here turn up for the Thursday riding again. :pity:

No1 from this thread u mean??

I love to...all thursday burn for the next 2months...

No thursday ride till Dec.....

:giddy:

N.A. we met once on the last few thurday ride.....

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio

I was thinking... a dangerous pastime.... Does anybody here change their brakes to Brembo or stuffs like that. I'm going to miss my brakes on my BMW once I get the Sportster.