SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Originally posted by Ah Fai@Nov 22 2006, 07:36 PM

To me the H-D genuine accessories are freaking expensive, for a very small metal piece with H-D logo cost around S$80+... But their range is awesome.

So H-D has an upper hand in South East Asia, is it because we are less influence from the Japanese due to our location?

Of course! The brand sells remember? If you check out Kawasaki Fire and Steel series for their cruiser, not cheap either and the same goes for Honda VTX customizing catalogue. Popularity? Harley as usual ha ha. After all, we are talking about marketing here and who would have done better than Harley Davidson? Its obvious location wasn’t the main concern but population, popularity that plays a part when our local distributor and agent take into consideration. I could only see two opposition teams that bring a different affair to us. Mah Pte Ltd with their Triumph, MotoGuzzi series. Second, Evershine with their Vulcan series.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by Ah Fai@Nov 22 2006, 07:45 PM

:btw: Don't laugh at what I am going to say

I love the H-D sportster, unfortunately, it was introduced on the year 1957, which is the year of roaster according to Chinese Calender. Well... I just doesn't click with roaster in Chinese Calender (I must have been thinking too much :cry: )

How to erase that thought :sian:

What’s the big problem here? Just get the Fatboy, first introduce in 1990 year of the horse! :thumb:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by gohjohan@Nov 23 2006, 02:17 AM

Start riding it!

May be you are right pal, may be riding on a sportster will bring so much enjoyment that it will overcome my nasty thoughts :cheeky:

And nowadays sportster are more affordable (not sure for the past rpice quoted), a Sportster 883 Low machine price + number plates + road tax + registration fees + GST + ERP unit & bracket cost S$16,800. A very tempting entry level :thumb:

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/5ton/57259_471404029449_5144815_o12.jpg

Current ride: Harley Wide Glide, Aprilia Tuono V4R

Originally posted by Ah Fai@Nov 22 2006, 02:24 PM

Just wondering that the H-D sportster doesn't have fan & Coolant cooling system, it must be very hot while travelling in Singapore city area, where there are many traffic lights... will the engine ever get over-heat?

All Harleys do NOT have a fan and coolant cooling system, except for the V-rod series.

96 cubic inches of air cooled v-twin engine. :thumb:

Originally posted by nights@Nov 23 2006, 02:50 AM

Of course! The brand sells remember? If you check out Kawasaki Fire and Steel series for their cruiser, not cheap either and the same goes for Honda VTX customizing catalogue. Popularity? Harley as usual ha ha. After all, we are talking about marketing here and who would have done better than Harley Davidson? Its obvious location wasn’t the main concern but population, popularity that plays a part when our local distributor and agent take into consideration. I could only see two opposition teams that bring a different affair to us. Mah Pte Ltd with their Triumph, MotoGuzzi series. Second, Evershine with their Vulcan series.

I agree that H-D is very popular among people's thought, even to those who are not riding, most of them know what is a Harley Davidson :thumb:

I think H-D is very good at marketing too. After the AMF buyback in 1981, the motorcycles industries in USA was being dragged by the economic recession, fewer people buy bikes, the company is under deep debt, 40% of their workforce were asked to leave, plus the intense competition from the Japanese & banker/lead lender discontinue overadvance financing. There were many rumors at that time that H-D will go into extinction & bankrutcy, yet Mr. William 'Willie G.' Davidson & other 12 H-D excutives never give up their hope & dreams, working extra hard in meeting (begging) with new bankers, looking for opportunities to ride around the country with customers & to dealer shops/supplies to get their feedback face-to-face. H-D were so eager to put riders on their current bikes that they experimental with a demo-ride program, where the H-D will load their motorcycles onto trucks & hauling them to events and dealerships around the country, to show riders both equipment and the H-D commitment to them. The program was an immediate success and would become an industry standard.

I can feel that the H-D treasures their customers very heavily, may I quote from Mr Willie G. Davidson: "I, and many others, bileved that the company would survive, thanks to the intrinsic value of our brand and the loyalty of the riders, dealers, and employees. Harley-Davidson was down, but not out."

Quoted from Bill Davidson: "I believe the greatest lesson was an understanding that our motorcycles elicit so much emotion. To really understand our riders, you have to be among them. Immediately after the buyback, company executives and others rode across the country, visiting customers, dealership and suppliers. That was a tremendously important reintroduction, and one that we will always live by our philosophy of being close to the customer. We don't own the brand, our riders do. We just maintain it for them."

so with the points above, I agree with you that "who would have done better than Harley Davidson" :thumb:

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/5ton/57259_471404029449_5144815_o12.jpg

Originally posted by nights@Nov 23 2006, 02:53 AM

What’s the big problem here? Just get the Fatboy, first introduce in 1990 year of the horse! :thumb:

Fatboy cost S$38,500, way above my budget :sweat:

Originally posted by William Tan@Nov 23 2006, 10:15 AM

All Harleys do NOT have a fan and coolant cooling system, except for the V-rod series.

96 cubic inches of air cooled v-twin engine. :thumb:

V-Rod is cool, I like their 2002 advertisment for VRSCA V-Rod: "99 years of wind can change the face of rock, but it's still rock."

But cost me a bomb too :faint:

Originally posted by Ah Fai@Nov 23 2006, 10:48 AM

Fatboy cost S$38,500, way above my budget :sweat:

Get a 2nd hand one. The price of a 1st hand Fat Boy will make you slog for the rest of your life! Also for the breaking in, the gears are very stiff and shifting gears will require a lot of effort.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by gohjohan@Nov 23 2006, 11:11 AM

Get a 2nd hand one. The price of a 1st hand Fat Boy will make you slog for the rest of your life! Also for the breaking in, the gears are very stiff and shifting gears will require a lot of effort.

wow, seems like talking about past experience :cheeky:

Originally posted by Ah Fai@Nov 23 2006, 11:28 AM

wow, seems like talking about past experience :cheeky:

From the same past experience, 2nd hand FLSTF Fat Boys can be from $22k - $30k. Depends on the year of the bike.

How much to pay for a bike, personally

all depend how much pleasure you get from your HD ...

My Orgasm for / on bike limited to S$20k ...

which my 94 Fatboy that I got bout 6 month back serve well ..

I know someone will sure ask ... 94 Fatboy, depending on extend of custom will set one back btw 13k to 18k

Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@Nov 23 2006, 12:28 PM

ah fai bought HD?!

shiete! what happen to your green?

Don't get too excited. He hasn't got it yet and I'm not going to sponsor him :sweat: :cheeky:

Anyway, the only green colour that he can get it stock would be olive pearl. If he wants the same green as his Z1000, he has to get it painted separately.

Originally posted by hanwoon@Nov 23 2006, 12:24 PM

How much to pay for a bike, personally

all depend how much pleasure you get from your HD ...

My Orgasm for / on bike limited to S$20k ...

which my 94 Fatboy that I got bout 6 month back serve well ..

I know someone will sure ask ... 94 Fatboy, depending on extend of custom will set one back btw 13k to 18k

wow, that is a nearly 12 yrs old bike, may I know any major problem you face? :smile:

Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@Nov 23 2006, 12:28 PM

ah fai bought HD?!

shiete! what happen to your green?

No I did not get the H-D, just admire & discussion, somemore where got the money :cry:

Or you want to sponser me? :D

Originally posted by gohjohan@Nov 23 2006, 12:38 PM

Don't get too excited. He hasn't got it yet and I'm not going to sponsor him :sweat: :cheeky:

Anyway, the only green colour that he can get it stock would be olive pearl. If he wants the same green as his Z1000, he has to get it painted separately.

sad to loose one potential sponser :cheeky:

I saw that stock H-D sportster olive pearl at Alexander too, 2007 model XL 1200 custom, looks cool but that I wouldn't consider a green color, looks more to me like army dark green.

a H-D as green as my Z1000... looks weird but definately an eye-catcher with super sound effect :thumb:

Originally posted by Jess1717@Nov 22 2006, 08:24 AM

So excited.... will be collecting my new ride a few hours later :bouncefire:

Hey Jess...Congrats on you getting your new bike and Happy Belated....No wonder you wanted to collect your bike yesterday.

Nice gesture of celebrating it with the staff. :smile:

Born to be Wild : Steppenwolf (1968)

Originally posted by wild i@Nov 23 2006, 01:56 PM

Hey Jess...Congrats on you getting your new bike and Happy Belated....No wonder you wanted to collect your bike yesterday.

Nice gesture of celebrating it with the staff. :smile:

Hey, thanks man! Hmm..... u were there at the dealership??? Y didnt I see u:confused:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by Jess1717@Nov 23 2006, 02:01 PM

Hey, thanks man! Hmm..... u were there at the dealership??? Y didnt I see u:confused:

Nah....If i was there, I would have surely come up to talk to you and to also enjoy the food...heh

Born to be Wild : Steppenwolf (1968)

Originally posted by Jess1717@Nov 23 2006, 08:45 PM

OIC...u muz have an informer then :cheeky:

Here's a pix of my new ride :smile:

Very nice!

So you have the cafe fairing installed? The lower part of your front forks are black? Stock?

1992: Suzuki GN125

1995: Suzuki Intruder 400

2000: BMW R1100R

2006: Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Low

2008: BMW F800ST

2011: BMW R1200R Classic (still riding)

2015: Harley Davidson Low Rider

Originally posted by Jess1717@Nov 23 2006, 08:45 PM

OIC...u muz have an informer then :cheeky:

Here's a pix of my new ride :smile:

Nice bike & congratulation! :cheer:

Originally posted by cgl@Nov 23 2006, 08:55 PM

Very nice!

So you have the cafe fairing installed? The lower part of your front forks are black? Stock?

Yep, everyting is stock other than the headlight fairing :smile: Too early to do anyting now....

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by Jess1717@Nov 23 2006, 11:29 PM

Yep, everyting is stock other than the headlight fairing :smile: Too early to do anyting now....

Nice Harley u got there Jess, I also getting my sportster next week.... Maybe we can come out discuss abt what to mod. Are you joining HOG in their activities?

How to load a picture here?