SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sent my front fork for compression to U***** M******** in Eunos 2 weeks back but the problem still there. Went back and the mechs tested ride and kept insisting there is no problem. Last resort they asked me to change to new handlebar. Wasted my money really for nothing. Talked to the 2 bosses, they asked me to change to new forks. Really went broke for the repairs that did nothing. sigh, so disappointed.

Went to Planet and asked ah chong for advice. He said the fork compression was not done properly. He tested ride my bike and he could feel the bike is swaying to the right.

Guys, any advise? I m very afraid after another repair, the bike is still the same. Btw, my bike is VTEC1.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sent my front fork for compression to U***** M******** in Eunos 2 weeks back but the problem still there. Went back and the mechs tested ride and kept insisting there is no problem. Last resort they asked me to change to new handlebar. Wasted my money really for nothing. Talked to the 2 bosses, they asked me to change to new forks. Really went broke for the repairs that did nothing. sigh, so disappointed.

Went to Planet and asked ah chong for advice. He said the fork compression was not done properly. He tested ride my bike and he could feel the bike is swaying to the right.

Guys, any advise? I m very afraid after another repair, the bike is still the same. Btw, my bike is VTEC1.

Well, if i were u, i should fook them in the 1st place for not servcing properly. For tat UM place, i don't think it's a reliable shop in the 1st place.:slapforehead:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Well, if i were u, i should fook them in the 1st place for not servcing properly. For tat UM place, i don't think it's a reliable shop in the 1st place.:slapforehead:

I always repaired and serviced my bike regularly there but i was so disappointed because of this matter.

When I confronted them, they said it's like that one. They tested ride and said my bike is straight. When I confronted again, they asked me to change handlebar ($90). Confronted them again, their response: New set of fork. They even said I got psychological issue.

I had to even cancel the June 6th Cameron Trip. I just do not want to make the trip for everyone to be a headache one should anything untoward happen to me or my bike. I experienced when a fellow tourer's bike broke down on the way back to SG.

Ah Chong told me if the result is still the same if it were to be repaired by him, he wun ask me to pay.

Guys, what do you tink? pls advise me. :o

up to you.. either go back to the shop or just find a new shop for your bike.. example, planet?

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Ah Chong told me if the result is still the same if it were to be repaired by him, he wun ask me to pay.

The answer is quite obvious, isn't it?

I've been with Planet for 5 years liao, never once failed me.

Hard to find a honest boss who do not treat bikers like moronic carrots.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

lolx... den proceed to ah chiong la.. if result still the same.. no need pay ma... lolx...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

hi ppl...

just wanna check..

how much do he usually charge for change of gasket for rxz?

coz i suspect my 2t leaking..

and oso..

my fork leaking very badly..

the seal broken..

for this how much he charge?

a fren told me to go jb and get it done but i tempted arh wanna try ah chong service..

hahaha..

UM okay for me, i think.. second shop i will go if not planet.. (sometime Planet too crowded..)

ah chong very experience.. he takes ur $$ sure will do nicely for u.. of course nothing free.. (he mentioned so many spoilt bikes in his shop, bcos owner no $$ to repair yet he needs to put in and out everyday.. )

http://koenigsegg.hotcars4.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stig1.gif

Class2,2A,2&3. Demerit 12 Pts.

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

hi ppl...

just wanna check..

how much do he usually charge for change of gasket for rxz?

coz i suspect my 2t leaking..

and oso..

my fork leaking very badly..

the seal broken..

for this how much he charge?

a fren told me to go jb and get it done but i tempted arh wanna try ah chong service..

hahaha..

give ah chong a call... normally 2b bike do JB cheaper.. but of course, u need to hav a trustworthy shop.. :)

http://koenigsegg.hotcars4.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stig1.gif

Class2,2A,2&3. Demerit 12 Pts.

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

Deh...we are not Planet 1800-AhChong helpline leh... :)

For price related issues, please call Ah Chong directly.

Join the Planeteers!

http://phenomenaonbreak.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/tedspan.jpg?w=458&h=196

Disclaimer: Above picture not Ah-Chong. He got less hair.

:)

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

I always repaired and serviced my bike regularly there but i was so disappointed because of this matter.

When I confronted them, they said it's like that one. They tested ride and said my bike is straight. When I confronted again, they asked me to change handlebar ($90). Confronted them again, their response: New set of fork. They even said I got psychological issue.

I had to even cancel the June 6th Cameron Trip. I just do not want to make the trip for everyone to be a headache one should anything untoward happen to me or my bike. I experienced when a fellow tourer's bike broke down on the way back to SG.

i don't think any bosses like him will do the same tat he did, coz the bosses i know if i'm not happy by their services, they do again but for a price to pay. So ups for Ah Chong.:thumb:

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

ahaha..

asking onli..

who knows anione of you have done dat b4 den can give me some idea of the price..

i think it's better to give him a call instead, if post in here, it would be in conflict of business ethnics for those doing the same trade in business.:o

lol... go to ah chiong and pay a price for it la.. aiyo.. since it's the fork nia.. not the full engine or etc that will cost you 3 figure amount.. if go JB also can but bear in mind that the time will take you... & if anything wrong... all the way back to JB with a bike that might fail you anytime is dangerous...

i think it's better to give him a call instead, if post in here, it would be in conflict of business ethnics for those doing the same trade in business.:o

yes, i agreed

give ah chong a call... normally 2b bike do JB cheaper.. but of course, u need to hav a trustworthy shop.. :)

haha, not everything can do in jb, only 20% of the bike i do jb, the rest i do SG

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

lolx... depends on whether you have spare cash... and depends on the rest as well...JB no matter how much you trust... It's still JB.. and the mech there always changes.. So it's pretty hard to "trust" unless you SIT & SEE... lolx...

haha, u got wat u paid for, therefore quality n workmanship are the most important

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

lol... go to ah chiong and pay a price for it la.. aiyo.. since it's the fork nia.. not the full engine or etc that will cost you 3 figure amount.. if go JB also can but bear in mind that the time will take you... & if anything wrong... all the way back to JB with a bike that might fail you anytime is dangerous...

totally agreed bro, even w/o a bike that might fail anytime... JB is alwayz full of dangers... one of my frnz juz lost his cb400 ver s there last month :sleep:

Adventures has no limit....

Aug 07 to Jun 08 - Honda NSR150SP

Jul 08 - Honda CB400 Spec 2

how much to flush coolant wif maxima coolaid ther?E

i've bought coolaid for 18 or 20$ a few weeks back.. (to topup myself)

and last time when i've flushed coolent also not much different (that time together with engine oil, spark plug full service)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

have to check with planet again for the actual price... should be around $2x-$3x...

I'm going down tml, wan to meet up for kopi session? lolx..

Cause maxima is already $20.. so service of flush might be around $1x? just in case? ^_^