SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

hehe both of us suffered the same fate with the same shop. actually not only us lah, i have seen and heard from quite a number of ppl who is very unhappy with the shop. if u read this thread further up abit, u will noe. :cheeky:

oh, i tot i was alone. lol.. ahya with their insane supportors they only think is we wrong la.

hail the shop!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive and forget la..I too have (not really considered good) experience at the shop..But I think its too trivial to kick up a fuss..I still go to the shop also..But only for some things..Some others I go to other shops..Different shop for different things..:rolleyes:

I go to Planet when I'm too lazy to travel too far..I'm as lazy as that..:rolleyes:

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

err... within 2 weeks, spend $3xx at planet.. change 2nd hand fork due to fork bended/ and spoket hub blasted with a hole... all bearrings come loose... boring... haix... but overall.. Good service with good mechs.. ^_^

Most importantly!! They will never tell you to overhaul UNLESS required...

Unlike some shops in Paya Lebar Mrt there.. (No comment on shop name but just dun go there unless you really know the mech by PERSON)

Mech: Bike cannot run above RPM 5 ar and just now cannot start? OMG!!

me: Huh? wat happen?

Mech: Must change gasket/change bearrings(engine one)/change spark plug/change coolant/change EO/change piston ring, "Maybe" piston have to change also.. (After see less den 5 min)

Me: Huh??!! How much??!!

Mech: Dunno lei, maybe a couple of hundreds lor.. Put your bike here la, den tml you can collect liaoz..

Me: Huh? Cannot!! I need the bike tonight...

Mech: huh?? Den nvm, I keep this thing (one of my parts) for you, den tml you come back?

Me: Nah, I dun like my things to be taken out from my bike, wait a stone fly in how? You pay ar?

Mech: Ok ok ok la.. wat time you coming??

Me: Morning la! wat time you open?

Mech: 11am *grinning thru out his face...

Me: ok, cya tml *ride off

*Please la.. you think anyone will go back that shop ?? Please... I'm not a carrot cake...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

err... within 2 weeks, spend $3xx at planet.. change 2nd hand fork due to fork bended/ and spoket hub blasted with a hole... all bearrings come loose... boring... haix... but overall.. Good service with good mechs.. ^_^

Unlike some shops in Paya Lebar Mrt there.. (No comment on shop name but just dun go there unless you really know the mech by PERSON)

Mech: Must change gasket/change bearrings(engine one)/change spark plug/change coolant/change EO/change piston ring, "Maybe" piston have to change also.. (After see less den 5 min)

Mech: Dunno lei, maybe a couple of hundreds lor.. Put your bike here la, den tml you can collect liaoz..

Mech: huh?? Den nvm, I keep this thing (one of my parts) for you, den tml you come back?

Me: Nah, I dun like my things to be taken out from my bike, wait a stone fly in how? You pay ar?

*Please la.. you think anyone will go back that shop ?? Please... I'm not a carrot cake...

think i know which shop is that u talking about,cos i also kena the same thing..

Let me guess the Shop will give free cold Drinks right?

Honda NSR SP150- FP 564* Z - Since 26 Sep 07 - 09 june 09

Suzuki GSR 400- FBB 753* K -Since 03/ 06 / 09 - 11/03/11

Yamaha R1 08- FBC 19** T - till 00 Apr 2012

kawasaki Versys 650

lolx... i dunno... was NOT given any drink at all, maybe because It's sunday?? lolx.. I remember it's sunday because no bike shop opened at that dya.. den I run all over the east side.. haix..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

O.O

which bike shop is that?

adesmond2 care to drop me a private message? Thanks :D

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

btw, the shop u mention tat give free drinks doesn't open on sunday..

pls don't anyhow flame the bike shop cos it's has gd cutomer service n reliable mechanics..

--cheers--

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/d3an_cain/FZ-1S/385677_10150750269527550_501922549_9854539_2138314152_n-1.jpg

http://images.redop2.multiply.com/image/b8SD0QJnMUnxGv+Dp320mg/photos/1M/300x300/2590/RedopII-logo.jpg?et=kJJjj8slm46j7tujy58%2Byg&nmid=0

[/center]

http://redop2.multiply.com/

haha how u know is the shop i'm talking when i did not say their name :)

i and a few of my friends had a bad exp with this shop btw

anyway,,did not say which shop is it lol

kawasaki Versys 650

Your fork bend? What you did? I do believe Ah chong have a 2nd hand fork in his treasure cum restin room upstairs..I've seen it..:rolleyes:

But I still wanna know how you managed to bend the forks..Its like OMG..:bow: :bow: :bow:

think i know which shop is that u talking about,cos i also kena the same thing..

pls don't anyhow flame the bike shop cos it's has gd cutomer service n reliable mechanics..

--cheers--

Lets not jump to conclusion shall we? There are many shops in the Paya Lebar area..Some of which are up there in the good books and some are not..:D

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

I think I also know which shop .

Beware, beware, beware !

I use to go to the shop to service my bike regularly.

Then 1 day, I suspect the mechanic didn't change my oil filter which I had to pay for.

Reason, after draining the EO, he tighten the nut & then pour in the new EO.

He did it so fast dat I didn't see any oil filter replaced. When I ask him, he said change already.

Second time, same thing happen. Actually I wanted to take watch closely, but the boss came to chat wif me so my attention was distructed.

When the mechanic poured the new EO, I ask him again did he change the oil filter. He said change already. Wah, so fast ? When I later push my bike out, I saw the mech talked to the boss. I went to collect my helmet, the boss sort of give me an apologetic look.

Also I didn't see the boss pass the mech a new oil filter but only the EO.

Next time I won't have to worried all these because I'm going back to ah chiong again.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z52/jim_lkf/mz_03_10010403706.gifhttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z52/jim_lkf/mz_091005_10010661780.gif

Beware, beware, beware !

Then 1 day, I suspect the mechanic didn't change my oil filter which I had to pay for.

He did it so fast dat I didn't see any oil filter replaced. When I ask him, he said change already.

Second time, same thing happen. Actually I wanted to take watch closely, but the boss came to chat wif me so my attention was distructed.

When the mechanic poured the new EO, I ask him again did he change the oil filter. He said change already. Wah, so fast ? When I later push my bike out, I saw the mech talked to the boss. I went to collect my helmet, the boss sort of give me an apologetic look.

Next time I won't have to worried all these because I'm going back to ah chiong again.

yea man,mine was that time i where there to do the top overhaul..change piston all thoese lor.then i had to leave my bike there for one day and have to come back the next day to collect.so the boss also tell me dun worry.everything will be done nicely...

so i came back the next day and take my bike..at that time i just pass my 2b ba.so i trust them as alot of good things are said about them hor....

so take my bike already.then i meet my new bike friend from fourm la,he help me test my bike.then say very weird leh.then bring me to his own mech,guess what the mech told me that the person did not even touch my bike LOR....piston all never change,EO all still old one.spark plug he even show me lor.. the only thing they do is wash my carb.. KNn

damm it lor tio bluff already somemore paid so much sia..now forever i will not go there liao lol :) Cheers

kawasaki Versys 650

yea man,mine was that time i where there to do the top overhaul..change piston all thoese lor.then i had to leave my bike there for one day and have to come back the next day to collect.so the boss also tell me dun worry.everything will be done nicely...

so i came back the next day and take my bike..at that time i just pass my 2b ba.so i trust them as alot of good things are said about them hor....

so take my bike already.then i meet my new bike friend from fourm la,he help me test my bike.then say very weird leh.then bring me to his own mech,guess what the mech told me that the person did not even touch my bike LOR....piston all never change,EO all still old one.spark plug he even show me lor.. the only thing they do is wash my carb.. KNn

damm it lor tio bluff already somemore paid so much sia..now forever i will not go there liao lol :) Cheers

bro dun mind can pm the shop u talking abt?

Thats the only reason I don't leave my bike overnight at any shop to get it serviced..It either right there and then or find another shop..:rolleyes:

that shop really no ethics one..they charge very cheap for tyres and servicing but they will deliberately spoil your bike...and be very friendly with you so that u will go back to them again... that time i went there change tyre they deliberately spoil my brake.....went back there they say brake pad "die: liao must change....But change liao still the same...very du lan went to find ah chong then he found out all the sabotage things they did...so pissed man...ah chong tried to salvage and managed to fixed 90% of the things...but my brake disc permanent abit faulty liao....regretted man! From now on no more other bikeshops liao. Planet all the way, cause no place can beat planet in terms of honesty and skill!

anyone dun believe what they did to my bike can come and see my bike or ask ah chong or mark at planet. bloody hell no ethics at all!

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº

that shop really no ethics one..they charge very cheap for tyres and servicing but they will deliberately spoil your bike...and be very friendly with you so that u will go back to them again... that time i went there change tyre they deliberately spoil my brake.....went back there they say brake pad "die: liao must change....But change liao still the same...very du lan went to find ah chong then he found out all the sabotage things they did...so pissed man...ah chong tried to salvage and managed to fixed 90% of the things...but my brake disc permanent abit faulty liao....regretted man! From now on no more other bikeshops liao. Planet all the way, cause no place can beat planet in terms of honesty and skill!

anyone dun believe what they did to my bike can come and see my bike or ask ah chong or mark at planet. bloody hell no ethics at all!

can share which shop? located at where?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs605.snc4/58582_425759858089_606683089_4979174_1311643_n.jpg

Oh my..I think this thread become like flamin thread for other bikeshops already..:faint:

Lets all post our good experiences with Ah Chong..:thumb:

How good is Planet? Well let's just say that I never fail to see it crowded with bikes..:D

U can get free consultation from ah chong if urre regular with him

no obligation. just call his hotline

his motto : not spoil dun change/service. why waste Money!

Those who cannot hear dirty joke dun go there

he will corrupt yr mind hahahhaha

See more of me @ azari.multiply.com

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs216.snc3/22373_296411496598_707411598_3943863_2038617_n.jpg

--cheers--

Lol.. yeah... diff shops has their own way of handling... I agreed.. :angel:

Most importantly is they dun spoilt your bike and do wat they are suppose to do.. :thumb:

haha how u know is the shop i'm talking when i did not say their name

i and a few of my friends had a bad exp with this shop btw

anyway,,did not say which shop is it lol

Lolx... relax relax...

Your fork bend? What you did? I do believe Ah chong have a 2nd hand fork in his treasure cum restin room upstairs..I've seen it..:rolleyes:

But I still wanna know how you managed to bend the forks..Its like OMG..

Lets not jump to conclusion shall we? There are many shops in the Paya Lebar area..Some of which are up there in the good books and some are not..:D

Fork bend reason due to it's 2nd hand bike, previous owner bend it when "buang" den I took over, the bend is not so big.. but the mech say better change to ensure your safety... Yeah... I got the 2nd hand one from ah chiong... lolx.. :angel:

Oh yea... My bike lesser viberations after doing everything with ah chiong... keke... now smoother man... ^_^

Yeah... Paya lebar.. dun jump to conclusion.. just go and see the crowd and you will know which is the best.. :angel:

Example? Look around Ah chiong and the shops around him, which is the most crowded?... :angel:

Beware, beware, beware !

hmmm, no comment on this but.. I'm sure if I put there, confirm become carrot cake.. :sian:

damm it lor tio bluff already somemore paid so much sia..now forever i will not go there liao lol Cheers

Haix... nvm la.. now ah chiong do everything nice nice for you... :angel:

haix... relax relax... a Doc Chiong will assist you and help you with the best price you can find in Singapore... :angel:

can share which shop? located at where?

If you really wan to know? Go there and see... :angel:

Oh my..I think this thread become like flamin thread for other bikeshops already..

Lets all post our good experiences with Ah Chong..:thumb:

How good is Planet? Well let's just say that I never fail to see it crowded with bikes..:D

Yeah... Nv fail unless it's raining since 8am... :angel:

Or? after 10pm before 8am.... :angel:

U can get free consultation from ah chong if urre regular with him

no obligation. just call his hotline

his motto : not spoil dun change/service. why waste Money!

Those who cannot hear dirty joke dun go there

he will corrupt yr mind hahahhaha

Yeah!!! That's the best I like about him... Called him up and he teach me over the phone how to take out my sai tao!!! :angel:

Free consultation... but sometime so pai sei until have to do something with him so he can earn... :angel:

HOHo looks like not only me kena ar..alot of my tampines riders also tell me bad things about that shop sia lol

kawasaki Versys 650

Lol.. yeah... diff shops has their own way of handling... I agreed.. :angel:

Most importantly is they dun spoilt your bike and do wat they are suppose to do.. :thumb:

Lolx... relax relax...

Fork bend reason due to it's 2nd hand bike, previous owner bend it when "buang" den I took over, the bend is not so big.. but the mech say better change to ensure your safety... Yeah... I got the 2nd hand one from ah chiong... lolx.. :angel:

Oh yea... My bike lesser viberations after doing everything with ah chiong... keke... now smoother man... ^_^

Yeah... Paya lebar.. dun jump to conclusion.. just go and see the crowd and you will know which is the best.. :angel:

Example? Look around Ah chiong and the shops around him, which is the most crowded?... :angel:

hmmm, no comment on this but.. I'm sure if I put there, confirm become carrot cake.. :sian:

Haix... nvm la.. now ah chiong do everything nice nice for you... :angel:

haix... relax relax... a Doc Chiong will assist you and help you with the best price you can find in Singapore... :angel:

If you really wan to know? Go there and see... :angel:

Yeah... Nv fail unless it's raining since 8am... :angel:

Or? after 10pm before 8am.... :angel:

Yeah!!! That's the best I like about him... Called him up and he teach me over the phone how to take out my sai tao!!! :angel:

Free consultation... but sometime so pai sei until have to do something with him so he can earn... :angel:

haha serious ar.i never go to him before leh..i got my mech leh.. ah meng at excel motor

kawasaki Versys 650

yeah...think stop talking bout other bikeshop liao...whats over is over.....

ah chong like superstar in bikeshop industry liao leh..haha everytime got friend ask which shop to go i always recomend Planet...but dun know shld do that or not cause...the more ppl go there the longer i have to wait? haha joking!!

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº

yeah...think stop talking bout other bikeshop liao...whats over is over.....

ah chong like superstar in bikeshop industry liao leh..haha everytime got friend ask which shop to go i always recomend Planet...but dun know shld do that or not cause...the more ppl go there the longer i have to wait? haha joking!!

it is difficult to find an honest and reliable bikeshop like his..

he has supporters from almost a decade old..

like BlackHonda, from jurong with love..

:cheeky: :cheeky:

but nowadays really many many ppl..

before his shop open already got queue..

i came at 8.45am before..

and there were 3-4 bikers there already..

:faint: :faint:

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

Glad its done with..Thanks for helpin me ask Ah Chong with the stuff..Gladly appreciate it..:thumb:

Good..Next time go to Planet inform me..I could just make it down..I'm just a 5-10 min ride away..:rolleyes: