SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Have Scooter will Travel

Scarab

;3128139']if sat & sun maybe can make it. :angel:

Our Maxxers shall be part of the programme too!!! :thumb:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys...this is just a prelude....

A major riding event is in the pipeline for us scooter community.

I will be planning to combine 3 communities to do a ride at maybe Nov or Dec this year, no fix date yet...

the 3 communities will be the Cubs, the PKs and of course, us.

I will label tis event, "SBF 3-Community Ride" - in short "SBF 3CR"

(sort of copying 3NCR, but our motives are different)

My main reasons for organising this event is so much so...as below...

1. as always, get to mingle and get to know more of not only our own community but others as well.

2. MAJOR REASON - to create awareness and provide opportunities for newbies to learn about the dos and the donts of bike touring. (i will need experience trip masters from each communities to help me on this one)

3. MAJOR REASON - Since the start, i always emphasized on newbies and their importance to our forum. And newbies as always, are having a hard time trying to break the ice and get to the seniors in the forum. in most case then not, the newbies ended up not coming to the forum anymore.

This riding events will have the same agenda too. Making opportunities

for newbies to know us more and at the same time, we making a good example to them on how to handle bike touring.

Basically, as why I chose these 3 communities is....most of the newbies comes from these 3 communities. This is also a pilot project, if this event works and achieved the agendas, we would consider getting more communities to work together in the future.

to get things going from here....I will be contacting soon, mods from Cubs and PK sections about the event and will talk to them about the nitty gritty. I expect my 2 beloved mods will get seriously involved too... :p

From the scooter community, I will select a few tripmaster whom will be discussing with us moderators to come up with venues, schedules, route plannings and accomodation details.

This event I foresee will be a major event and will eventually (I hope) evolved from the annual SBF Scooter Newbie Meet to be a more interesting annual event...so I hope everyone who would and should participate more actively with more seriousness. ;)

My speech ends here....can shoot me le.... :faint:

Boss, morally support u!! :thumb:

:p

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Just need a show of hands how many interested to go Ipoh from ETD 080807 2359hr to ETA (GP Esso) 110807 2100hr.

In between, if got the time...can go up cameron (not overnight) or Penang (overnight or extend one more day till 120807.

wats there to do at Ipoh? somemore 2 nights there?

To Penyabong lor...book the whole resort...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: haha.... good one.. actually quite a good idea. cos there peaceful not messy. not easy to give the organisers a big headache. the beach there also not bad. not much people around. can do whatever we wan.

Wherever it is, please don't say Melaka... :lol:

no melaka or KL. too messy. all the bike sure over heat after waiting for one another.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

Caves exploration for one dday...then try the Gerik highway west to east coast the follwing day... so may not be 2 nights at Ipoh... :angel:

gerik highway is a looong way from ipoh/cameron.... it'll be good to exit Kuala Kangsar, turn right, head all the way straight and loook for signs to Tasik Banding (Pulau Banding), then from there, you'll cross over to Jeli and then will end up somewhere in Trengganu, can then stay at Cherating.

FYI, it took me abt 6 hrs to reach Banding from Cherating. Banding to Ipoh easily another 2 hrs+ (with breaks in-btw) :giddy:

but one of my friend once described the scenic view at Banding as "better than Sex!!!) :cheeky:

Pics of Banding & Gerik:

i want you to be PHYSICALLY supporting me!

Uncle old liaoz, no stamina already, so can only "morally" support.... hahhaa:cheeky:

CIMG1794.jpg

Day 2-Gerik Highway-ChrisKitDom.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

gerik highway is a looong way from ipoh/cameron.... it'll be good to exit Kuala Kangsar, turn right, head all the way straight and loook for signs to Tasik Banding (Pulau Banding), then from there, you'll cross over to Jeli and then will end up somewhere in Trengganu, can then stay at Cherating.

FYI, it took me abt 6 hrs to reach Banding from Cherating. Banding to Ipoh easily another 2 hrs+ (with breaks in-btw) :giddy:

but one of my friend once described the scenic view at Banding as "better than Sex!!!) :cheeky:

Pics of Banding & Gerik:

Tasik Banding is a boring place. A resort with no facilities, no ammenities, no tv, no program, etc. The only thing you can do there is to catch mosquitos as the entire room is so bloody full of mosquitos. There's only one pathetic restaurant there with basic cafe food.

it is never about the resort there in banding. the sceneray is not bad, but a half hour short break is enough for u to capture the sceneries at the man made resort in the middle of the lake.

its however, nice fun, winding roads that cut you across mountains, valleys, clouds, etc... along route 4. most bikers go there for the ride, not the destination.

dun shoot me if ur view differs.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Pics of Banding & Gerik:

Thanks for the info...a group of my friends set off from Ipoh in the morning and got to the other side of Gerik in good time...So thinking of trying that as well :p

OLD NO GO, NEW NO COME.

i want you to be PHYSICALLY supporting me!

can a 200cc scoot tag along :cheeky: :sweat:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

nakano dun bluff leh.... Tasik Banding is a dammm bloody boring place. A resort with no facilities, no ammenities, no tv, no program, etc. The only thing you can do there is to catch mosquitos as the entire room is so bloody full of mosquitos. There's only one pathetic restaurant there with basic cafe food.

it is never about the resort there in banding. the sceneray is not bad, but a half hour short break is enough for u to capture the sceneries at the man made resort in the middle of the lake.

its however, nice fun, winding roads that cut you across mountains, valleys, clouds, etc... along route 4. most bikers go there for the ride, not the destination.

one can consider staying at Cherating.

i've only emphasized on the route and scenary along the way as well as at Banding itself....:p

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

FYI, it took me abt 6 hrs to reach Banding from Cherating. Banding to Ipoh easily another 2 hrs+ (with breaks in-btw) but one of my friend once described the scenic view at Banding as "better than Sex!!!)

Tasik Banding is a boring place. A resort with no facilities, no ammenities, no tv, no program, etc. The only thing you can do there is to catch mosquitos as the entire room is so bloody full of mosquitos. There's only one pathetic restaurant there with basic cafe food.

its a long way from Ipoh to Cherating, and knowing that its rather EX to stay at the Banding resort, i was trying to help 'warn' the rest to be prepared for a long ride in order to end up staying at Ipoh/Cameron or Cherating.

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

hey guys, cool down ya. i believe all the info u guys gif r appreciated by those who have read as it mean well. :smile:

but no quarrels okie! :angel:

anyway i have edited both of u 2 post on the not so nice part for harmony & leaving some part as info. :smile:

sorry, my summary not tat good so if both of u finds any amendment needed pls PM me. :cheeky:

:angry: Road to Endless Destination is still burning. :angry:

;3132148']sorry' date=' my summary not tat good so if both of u finds any amendment needed pls PM me. :cheeky:[/quote']

summary not good must go for english class!!! :cheeky:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

guys...this is just a prelude....

A major riding event is in the pipeline for us scooter community.

I will be planning to combine 3 communities to do a ride at maybe Nov or Dec this year, no fix date yet...

the 3 communities will be the Cubs, the PKs and of course, us.

I will label tis event, "SBF 3-Community Ride" - in short "SBF 3CR"

(sort of copying 3NCR, but our motives are different)

My main reasons for organising this event is so much so...as below...

1. as always, get to mingle and get to know more of not only our own community but others as well.

2. MAJOR REASON - to create awareness and provide opportunities for newbies to learn about the dos and the donts of bike touring. (i will need experience trip masters from each communities to help me on this one)

3. MAJOR REASON - Since the start, i always emphasized on newbies and their importance to our forum. And newbies as always, are having a hard time trying to break the ice and get to the seniors in the forum. in most case then not, the newbies ended up not coming to the forum anymore.

This riding events will have the same agenda too. Making opportunities

for newbies to know us more and at the same time, we making a good example to them on how to handle bike touring.

Basically, as why I chose these 3 communities is....most of the newbies comes from these 3 communities. This is also a pilot project, if this event works and achieved the agendas, we would consider getting more communities to work together in the future.

to get things going from here....I will be contacting soon, mods from Cubs and PK sections about the event and will talk to them about the nitty gritty. I expect my 2 beloved mods will get seriously involved too... :p

From the scooter community, I will select a few tripmaster whom will be discussing with us moderators to come up with venues, schedules, route plannings and accomodation details.

This event I foresee will be a major event and will eventually (I hope) evolved from the annual SBF Scooter Newbie Meet to be a more interesting annual event...so I hope everyone who would and should participate more actively with more seriousness. ;)

My speech ends here....can shoot me le.... :faint:

Great effort you have, let me know if you need help :thumb:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Thought you going to upgrade before this year ends?

hehe, i expect you to do this ride with at least a Fazer leh. :lol:

upgraded but not fazer leh :cheeky: still a scoot... :cheeky:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003