SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Certificate of Entitlement (COE) for bikes increasing

crazyboi

On dec bikes have the usual 800+ COE quota, however on Jan it was decreased to 500+ causing a spike in price from 1.9k to 2.7k. Now in Feb LTA is decreasing from 500+ to 300+ COEs. Is this new horse year going to be making history of Singapore's bike COE prices?? Will next month have 100+ COE quota for bikes left??? :dot::sian:

"SINGAPORE: The Certificate of Entitlement (COE) quota for the first bidding exercise in February is being cut, the same time as when changes to the COE classifications kick in.

The quota for motorcycles will see the biggest decrease, with a drop of 28.2 per cent to 361 from 503."

Reference: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/coe-quota-for-bidding/974558.html

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206249_10150219444627783_610102782_8520246_7743888_n.jpg

She's a monster, she's a monster.. beautiful monster..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because 15% of all deregistered motorcycle COE goes to cars. And as you know, the years 2002 and 2003 were damn popular for motorcycles due to the release of the Wave, on top of hot favorites like the Phantom. And now, as the ten years are up... On top of that, the geniuses who have decided to renew their motorcycle COE for five years will also add to these in five years from now.

• 2 weeks later...
Knn now motorcycle coe hits 3k liao. .....I hate the people that sets the coe rules. ...

HDB is a necessity,but still we pay 50k-100k+ just for interest

Encouraged go pulic,but still the fares also increase

Parking all outsourced to 3rd party companies,even at hospitals we pay high parking charges due to companies earning on commisions

they encourage us to have better and more family time,but due to pay here pay there still need to work weekends

Already Vehicles paying ,roadtax,coe,insurance...still need for ERP and in the end after 10years need to scrap with close to nothing $ for the vehicle

At the end we still Vote for ...

Needs a better revamp,like mentioned above,how about those depending on transport bike for livehood.

http://www.parrotparrot.com/stopcruelty/cruelty1.gif

Can understand if they tweak to reduce no of car on the road. Bike are small they dun need a coe and erp. They are just blood sucker

Maybe when "they" were planing this reduction of bike quota,they were stuck at causeway Jam with Msian bikes with hungry stomaches going to JB for makan 0_o

http://www.parrotparrot.com/stopcruelty/cruelty1.gif

I guess only cheapos like me would make so much noise about this spike in COE price. See the post I quote and tell me I am wrong.

I kindof agree with the "image" thing. One of the current problems right now with motorcycles is that to most people they are "cheap transport", little more than bicycles with engines. They might have ideas such as:

1. why do i have to spend so much time learning how to ride a motorbike? it's just a cheap simple transport. (riders end up not going for advanced training)

2. why do i have to spend so much money on maintaining the bike and keeping it roadworthy? it can move, right? (less attention paid to how a bike works mechanically, slower/lesser detection of potential faults)

3. non-motorcyclists might not be aware that there are many more performance-oriented motorcycles on the road. some still have the idea that motorcycles should keep left on e'ways. others think that motorbikes should not occupy a whole lane by themselves (a friend has actually heard a taxi driver saying such things; imagine: professional drivers are saying these things). the fact is, there are more and more big bikes on the road. there are also many small bikes which are very "performance" too. this change in the bike "demographic" should be recognised, i feel.

i think the main thing is how many riders think a motorbike is cheap transport, or even cheap fun. in the past, perhaps keeping motorcycles' costs low were important so that even the poorer people can afford to have their own transport.

should this still be true today? perhaps we didn't realise the POTENTIAL dangers for motorcycling in the past, especially for those who are less prepared. i think enforcing more training, higher standards of training, etc might deny some people access to motorbikes, but the improvement in road safety, and in reduced loss of lives, might be worth it.

I always like to put these statements to challenge

1. Good may not be cheap but Good does not have to be expensive too.

2. Cheap may not be good, but expensive may not be good too.

Edited by matthias76

I ride a 9 year old phantom. And i didn't choose a performance bike because I could not afford one. Been riding for 7 years or so now, and Phantom has been more than enough for me to cover from point a to point b in sinkapore. So many traffic lights, 1300cc also no use. So many cars, even if sometimes want to split lane also can't, and I envy some of the kups/ waves/ barebones that manage to clear a congested section of the road.

COE is going to be the next successful HDB project. Super expensive, consumes your life savings, and totally redundant.

Welcome to the land of millionaires.