SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki 1400s

Guest nE0

nice to see the touring spirit so profound here...

ride safe guys..

just to share my story here..

my bike jus paid for itself last few weeks..

it was during a rain..

slight drizzle but the traffic was rather heavy...

and i was on the expressway traveling behind some cars on lane 1..

suddenly, the car in front of me jammed brake to allow lane 2 veh to cut in...

^%@#&%@ the lane 2 veh....

to cut the story short... i also jammed my brakes... i though i was abt to crash.. then suddenly my intermittent brakes got working... ABS!

i stopped just in time from the car in front.. and yes..

my life is worth more than the stupid car/bike. so the bike already paid for itself...

ride safe guys !!

Rgds,

Aurium

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice to see the touring spirit so profound here...

ride safe guys..

just to share my story here..

my bike jus paid for itself last few weeks..

it was during a rain..

slight drizzle but the traffic was rather heavy...

and i was on the expressway traveling behind some cars on lane 1..

suddenly, the car in front of me jammed brake to allow lane 2 veh to cut in...

^%@#&%@ the lane 2 veh....

to cut the story short... i also jammed my brakes... i though i was abt to crash.. then suddenly my intermittent brakes got working... ABS!

i stopped just in time from the car in front.. and yes..

my life is worth more than the stupid car/bike. so the bike already paid for itself...

ride safe guys !!

Rgds,

Aurium

hey bro most important is rider & flesh is safe.ABS :always brake suddenly.cheers.

Nice bumping into Xixy and LCP. Hope you guys enjoy the ride...

U r e busy man tat day ... Never get to meet Xixy in the convoy.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/26/1720945/3M-CarbonFibre-Vinyl-GTR1400.jpg

Ride safe, Live to ride another day !

Guys, going to get my tyre change.. dun knw which one to choose, got any to recommend?

Had buddies recommended the 023.... But check the bridgestone webby 023 does not have any fitment for the GTR. I had the PR2 for the Thai trip, it's slippery when wet. Had a couple of spin when trying to pickup.

Edited by Advrider

I'd go for Pilot Road II.. Had mine installed a few months back for my '14 & it rocks rain or shine.. :)

Heard that Dunlop is coming out with a new model that'll kick the Road II's arse.. Can't wait to see the reviews..

I think PR2 does not run well in Thai roads when it's wet. A couple of spin and slip when moving off....

Guys, going to get my tyre change.. dun knw which one to choose, got any to recommend?

i just changed to Metzeler Z8 front and rear; for the burger king.

Works well for me.

cheers!

ride safely, ride defensively

ex-rides: RXK135, GS125 Katana, RD LC125, Daytona400, RGV400, EN400 LTD, XV550, Sabre750, GS750E, XJ750 (PI), XS1100, RD LC350, GPz900, z1100 (Shaft), X4, FJR1200 (PI), FXDX1450 Dyna Glide, Fazer1000, V-Max, z1000, B-King, BMW Cruiser, Vespa PX15; KTM SuperDuke990R; Rocket III; Current: Kawa kz750 n Diavel Black n Super Duke 1290R.

i choose Pilot Road 2ct... it`s very lasting and grips well..

Had buddies recommended the 023.... But check the bridgestone webby 023 does not have any fitment for the GTR. I had the PR2 for the Thai trip, it's slippery when wet. Had a couple of spin when trying to pickup.

Hi Advrider, one of bro I went Hatyai with also using the 023. he say wet grip were good.

Our concours is using this (F)120/70-17 ®190/50-17 size right? If yes then Unique MS do hv the tyre, Bridgestone Battlax BT023 120/70-17 190/50-17

I'd go for Pilot Road II.. Had mine installed a few months back for my '14 & it rocks rain or shine.. :)

Heard that Dunlop is coming out with a new model that'll kick the Road II's arse.. Can't wait to see the reviews..

I think PR2 does not run well in Thai roads when it's wet. A couple of spin and slip when moving off....

i just changed to Metzeler Z8 front and rear; for the burger king.

Works well for me.

cheers!

Thanks for all the great info guys...

So for sport tourer got this 3 to choose.. :faint: which one should I get

1. Michelin Pilot Road 2

2. Metzeler Roadtec Z8

3. Pirelli Angel ST

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/26/1720945/3M-CarbonFibre-Vinyl-GTR1400.jpg

Ride safe, Live to ride another day !

Thanks for all the great info guys...

So for sport tourer got this 3 to choose.. :faint: which one should I get

1. Michelin Pilot Road 2

2. Metzeler Roadtec Z8

3. Pirelli Angel ST

I had checked the Metzeler webby did not find any fitment for the GTR. I think for the 023 you can ask unique to order from distributor. My Malaysian kakis tells me it lasted long and good grip even wet.

The Pilot was excellent on Malaysian roads even during rain.. Was travelling around 180km/h during heavy downpour & the grip is commendable.. Used Metzeler during my Super4 days & skidded a few times so have a little phobia with Metzelers.. Might be a totally different series from the Roadtec though.. Mmm.......

The Pilot was excellent on Malaysian roads even during rain.. Was travelling around 180km/h during heavy downpour & the grip is commendable.. Used Metzeler during my Super4 days & skidded a few times so have a little phobia with Metzelers.. Might be a totally different series from the Roadtec though.. Mmm.......

Good feedback... Minor are you organising another orgy session for the 14 owners?