SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adv & Disadv of GSR400 n Super4-spec3

fraggershell

super4 spec3 VS GSR400  

563 members have voted

1. 1. super4 spec3 VS GSR400

monoshock gives superb handling compared to twinshock. EFI's firing is definitely more precise than carb. due to GSR's raw power, it has vibrations that S4 dun have that much. every bike sure got vibration. depends on how bad is it only.

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

monoshock gives superb handling compared to twinshock. EFI's firing is definitely more precise than carb. due to GSR's raw power, it has vibrations that S4 dun have that much. every bike sure got vibration. depends on how bad is it only.

so how bad is it? haha

Aug 06 - Sep 07 Daelim Daystar VL125 (FR 7xxxL)

Sep 07 - DEC 08 Honda CB400 SpecIII

Dec 10 - Now 2005 Zx-6R

so how bad is it? haha

down your spine??? hahaha...

just slightly more vibration then S4 lah...

overall performance still better then S4...

compare it for yourself and you'll know what i mean...

how bad? wun b down the spine. from hand all the way to the elbow. thats all. agree that it performs better than S4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Friend. Consider your application first, will 400cc bike powerfull enough

for you? After you understand your requirement, then look into the nett price of the machine, you will be able narrow down your choices. Lastly, consider

the maintence cost (eg. how much engine oil needed, is spare parts easily available, road tax...)

I am riding Fazer 600 require 2.5 to 2.8 litres of EO. Which is lesser than S4

Ok.. hope you make the best choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Fazer6, you really cant go wrong with a wind shield and is good for touring as well as sg riding.

The new FZ6 looked wicked....

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

torn between the 2.

s4 is reliable and sparts are widely avaible.

however the looks of gsr400 just got the upper hand, yet heard from fren that it's not as powerful as the spec3 and harder to maintain

comments please!

i heard gsr400 torque between 1 to 6k rpm is weak compare to s4, coz no Vtec.

But peak torque is about same at high rpm.

Also, GSR400 if put boxes will be very ugly unlike S4.

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

i heard gsr400 torque between 1 to 6k rpm is weak compare to s4, coz no Vtec.

But peak torque is about same at high rpm.

Also, GSR400 if put boxes will be very ugly unlike S4.

:smile:

for spec 3, vtec kick in at 6250rpm from gear 1 to 5 is n at 6750rpm for gear 6 . so between 1000 to 6000rpm, its operating on 2 valves rather than 4 valves when vtec kick in.

GSR oso have something like 'vtec' kinda technology. dunno wat is the term. we oso dunno at which rpm will the other 2 valves kick in. so the comparision is not accurate. but overall, spec 3 n GSR, comparable, dun really have a big difference in terms of torque n top. wat we all know, GSR's power range is more on the low n mid n spec 3 is mid n high.

i agree with u that GSR dun look good with box but without box, its otherwise!! :smile:

for spec 3, vtec kick in at 6250rpm from gear 1 to 5 is n at 6750rpm for gear 6 . so between 1000 to 6000rpm, its operating on 2 valves rather than 4 valves when vtec kick in.

GSR oso have something like 'vtec' kinda technology. dunno wat is the term. we oso dunno at which rpm will the other 2 valves kick in. so the comparision is not accurate. but overall, spec 3 n GSR, comparable, dun really have a big difference in terms of torque n top. wat we all know, GSR's power range is more on the low n mid n spec 3 is mid n high.

i agree with u that GSR dun look good with box but without box, its otherwise!! :smile:

Its not a VTEC-type device. It doesn't "kick-in" at a certain RPM nor opens more valves. The Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve simply controls the amount of air entering the intake to maintain the A/F ratio throughout the RPM range.

Suzuki's SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) injection system is employed again here. While your right wrist controls each primary throttle butterfly, a servo-controlled secondary butterfly manages the speed of incoming air via instructions from the engine-control module.

so meaning to say, at all times, its running on 4 valves. just that the ecu controls the amount of air intake for the various speeds?

ok. thanx for the explaination. sorry to others that i gave a wrong info. :sorry:

Actually is not operating on 2 valves, its a 4 stroke bike so everytime each cylinder is operating, the valves works one in and one out for each carb, so its 2 valves. With in-line 4 its actually working at 8 values. Once V-tec kicks in, its actually 2 in 2 out. With in-line 4 its actually working at 16 values. Hopes this explains more in details :thumb:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/070804middle.jpg

Actually is not operating on 2 valves, its a 4 stroke bike so everytime each cylinder is operating, the valves works one in and one out for each carb, so its 2 valves. With in-line 4 its actually working at 8 values. Once V-tec kicks in, its actually 2 in 2 out. With in-line 4 its actually working at 16 values. Hopes this explains more in details :thumb:

yes. vtec model, DOHC, each cylinder got 4 valves, 2 inlet 2 exhaust. so b4 vtec kick in, its 2 valves operation, 1 in n 1 out. vtec kick in, its 4 valves operation, 2 in n 2 out. thats y its DOHC 16V inline 4. this one i know.

the one i dunno is the SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve). which i got mixed up with vtec theory, thinking its both about the same, n end up giving a wrong explaination. :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snowdog

Have being dying to get myself the GSR4! Hence my vote goes to GSR4 - no doubt about that. But now, I could only wait for an used GSR4 to come by. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

wow.. i have always wanted a spec3. but after sawing this guy riding his sleek gsr400 on the road. its so cool.. i love the sleek design and the matter of fact that it's undertray exhuast really turns me on.

but looks like everyone favours the gsr400 to spec3. but i would like to know, will the insurance be higher compare to spec3? what about the resale value? after gettin my 2A i planning to buy a first hand bike to last through my NS years next year.

so someone pelase help me!!!

i simply love the wheezing sound of my V4

• 3 weeks later...

I am riding a Super4 now, but I really like the GSR. The looks is only secondary, seeing I feel the S4 looks good as well, but what attracts me to the GSR is the modern technology. Drooools. But I am only a student now.. better stick with S4.. alot of spareparts and most shops noe how to handle a S4. Might get a GSR a few years down the road when it's spareparts is more readily available and I have more $$$. :thumb:

wow.. i have always wanted a spec3. but after sawing this guy riding his sleek gsr400 on the road. its so cool.. i love the sleek design and the matter of fact that it's undertray exhuast really turns me on.

but looks like everyone favours the gsr400 to spec3. but i would like to know, will the insurance be higher compare to spec3? what about the resale value? after gettin my 2A i planning to buy a first hand bike to last through my NS years next year.

so someone pelase help me!!!

why not u go in the GSR thread and ask the old bird...

Have being dying to get myself the GSR4! Hence my vote goes to GSR4 - no doubt about that. But now, I could only wait for an used GSR4 to come by. :cry:

a used one will be a bit long as this bike is still new...go to the GSR thread and ask the old bird

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/aweiky/RIMG0001.jpg

My Old Wife

Honda Phantom TA 200 : Sep 2005 - Aug 2007

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/aweiky/RIMG0008.jpg

My New Wife

Suzuki GSR 400 : Aug 2007

Soon by next year after my 26th b'day Suzuki GSXR600K8 or Yamaha R608