SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

what internet browser you using?

dragonforce

what browser are you using?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. what browser are you using?

• Internet explorer
    • firefox
    • maxthon
    • google chrome
    • maxthon
    • others, pls state

I used to love Firefox but now my love would be Google Chrome.

The search bar cum address bar is bloody smart. Downloading files too are a breeze without additional windows popping up in the case of Firefox. The dynamic tabs are also very useful when there are a lot of tabs opened up.

The only downside would be opening sites with PDF. An error always occur whenever I try to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love Firefox but now my love would be Google Chrome.

The search bar cum address bar is bloody smart. Downloading files too are a breeze without additional windows popping up in the case of Firefox. The dynamic tabs are also very useful when there are a lot of tabs opened up.

The only downside would be opening sites with PDF. An error always occur whenever I try to do it.

I would suppose it's still beta, as with many of Google's projects. I agree, it's a nice browser that's flexible with human beings; eg. the excellent tabs that you can drag, drop, or pull them out of the browser too. Even the all-in-one search and web address bar.

PDF is okay, if not slightly slow.

The only gripe that I have with this browser is the tabs have a big problem. Sometimes when you click on a tab to use it, it instead gets pulled out of the entire browser and into a new floating window without warning. This happens far more often, many users have complained about it, and I've even see my colleague had that happen to her on her work computer too.

Google has said they're going to release Chromium. Hope it comes out soon, if they don't release a bug fix for this issue already.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

I would suppose it's still beta, as with many of Google's projects. I agree, it's a nice browser that's flexible with human beings; eg. the excellent tabs that you can drag, drop, or pull them out of the browser too. Even the all-in-one search and web address bar.

The only gripe that I have with this browser is the tabs have a big problem. Sometimes when you click on a tab to use it, it instead gets pulled out of the entire browser and into a new floating window without warning. This happens far more often, many users have complained about it, and I've even see my colleague had that happen to her on her work computer too.

Google has said they're going to release Chromium. Hope it comes out soon, if they don't release a bug fix for this issue already.

I switched from Firefox to chrome and didn't look back since, it seems to run on fewer resources than firefox, and crashes less often, since I always open alot alot of tabs, haha.:angel:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/4050024477_774d601ff9_b.jpg

Was with IE for several years.

But IE7 with tabs was crappily slow.

So I actually went back to IE6 for a while.

Tried out Firefox but did not like it and felt it was marginally slow.

Then got Chrome and got blown away with its speed.

Youtube and other Flash / Shockwave sites are all ok.

Only have some problems with iBanking occasionally.

So I go dual-browser for certain applications. But mostly Chrome.

Must add that while Chrome is fast, it has a bigger resource footprint than Firefox.

But who cares?

Used IE since i starting surfing net and swapped to using firefox about 3 years ago. Only recently tried using safari but find that it doesn't have a lot of security features. I been using FF as there is a lot of add-ons and also security add-ons which you can download.

Been quite happy using FF.

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

ie? what ie? :lol:

google chrome :thumb: 99% of the time, ff 1% of the time.

cant wait for google chrome OS to emerge - if they can change so much with just a search engine and web browser, i cant wait to see their prowess with an OS.

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

ie? what ie? :lol:

google chrome :thumb: 99% of the time, ff 1% of the time.

cant wait for google chrome OS to emerge - if they can change so much with just a search engine and web browser, i cant wait to see their prowess with an OS.

ie = internet explorer. lol i also use google chrome, easy to manage.

assumptions is the mothafukers of all fuk-ups.

ie = internet explorer. lol i also use google chrome, easy to manage.

-_-"'

bro, u really dun get wat i mean huh? :faint:

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

I do get that to from time to time but it doesn't bother me. My only gripe would be its inability to open pdf sites because of a recurring error.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Firefox for normal stuff,

IE for onemotoring/LTA issues

Opera mobile on N97mini.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

• 2 weeks later...

I use 2 browsers at the same time. Firefox and safari :)

nelo said:
sometimes facebook is like a fridge. you open it once every little while hoping something new will appear only to realise nothing changed.

Aprilia RX125 

Yamaha X1R

Kymco Downtown 200

KTM Duke 200

Gilera Runner ST200

Suzuki DRZ400SM

Honda CB400X

Kawasaki Ninja 400

Suzuki DRZ400SM
Suzuki Vstrom 1000 

• 2 months later...

Well from my experience.. i would say OPERA.. they have alot of handful features like downloading torrent on the browser without even thinking of having a torrent program installed which is quite useful and also its fast..its more to advanced users.. if you wanna settle for something simple. just maybe google chrome perhaps? i find firefox kinda laggy at times due to loading of their add-ons and stuff.. and how about I.E? now i wonder what happen to them.. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox is a bit slow for my tastes, especially the initial loading time. IE8 beats it here.

But I like firefox for the ad blockers and other cool addons... that eat RAM and make it slow.

SRWare Iron is a better alternative to Chome, with better privacy protection. Chrome is fast but some regard it as privacy-infringing.

Used Opera initially but one day it refused to load any images so I ditched it. But as aforesaid Opera Mini is brilliant for phones - it chops up the webpage into very small sizes making for fast loading time and smaller data usage.