SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

wah cheap sia!!!!! i change my coil last month at 320. gasket 20,labour 50. rectifier not to sure. but all together 540. batt same price. but change it differently. i thought coil suppose to last 10 yrs. how come revo doesnt even last 5 yrs huh?

Bad eo qulaity.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

true bro. mine was 540 without batt. that was batt, rectifier and gasket

Total price varies...depending on the type of battery they give you. A proper Yuasa battery YTX cost double your regular YTX BS9 which is only 90 amperes CCA rating. A YTX 10s is 190 amperes and recommended for all Vtec.

Total price varies...depending on the type of battery they give you. A proper Yuasa battery YTX cost double your regular YTX BS9 which is only 90 amperes CCA rating. A YTX 10s is 190 amperes and recommended for all Vtec.

ah pek, shinko battery suitable for vtec?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

ah pek, shinko battery suitable for vtec?

Strongly recommend Yuasua YTX 10s lah..not Shinko, TET, Furukawa FB BS9 or Yuasa YTZ BS9.

Hi all, when I'm riding my spec2, my speed reaches 90km/hr at gear 6, the rpm will touch at 6k. Is this normal? Another thing, I saw around the forum about people saying grounding their S4, what does that mean? Pardon for my ignorance. A noob here and just started riding S4...hehe. Thank you in advance!

i changed my magnetic coil at 320, where did u change yours? intro us a cheaper shop

I really did'nt know the actual cost of magnetic coil untill u guys posted it here. I thought mine considered ex liao.

I changed mine at republic, been with them since my 2b bike.

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

Guest 5Rul

(Q) Hi i'm new in here, so kinda noob... ok here goes

I have a question, im riding s4 revo i have this problem for a very long time :sian::sian: my handlebar will wobble vigeously when im riding at 65km/hr to 75km/hr when i let go my hand off the handlebar, but when im riding below 65km/hr or above 75km/hr the handlebar will not wobble vigeously. I did alot of things such as fork pressing, handlebar alignment, change balancer and even change alot of time for my cone bearing, but nothing seem to work. Up to now my handlebar still wobble, and i seem abit scared while riding.

Furthermore, during my 1st time changing of cone bearing this mech tighten the top cover of the cone bearing using a "-" screwdriver and it left with a dent and a chip off parts, will this affect the wobbling too?? due to wear and tear. if so where can i get the replacement?? been asking some bike shop they do not have the parts??:cry:

Can anyone help me out with this problem, i really really in need of help???

(Q) Hi i'm new in here, so kinda noob... ok here goes

I have a question, im riding s4 revo i have this problem for a very long time :sian::sian: my handlebar will wobble vigeously when im riding at 65km/hr to 75km/hr when i let go my hand off the handlebar, but when im riding below 65km/hr or above 75km/hr the handlebar will not wobble vigeously. I did alot of things such as fork pressing, handlebar alignment, change balancer and even change alot of time for my cone bearing, but nothing seem to work. Up to now my handlebar still wobble, and i seem abit scared while riding.

Furthermore, during my 1st time changing of cone bearing this mech tighten the top cover of the cone bearing using a "-" screwdriver and it left with a dent and a chip off parts, will this affect the wobbling too?? due to wear and tear. if so where can i get the replacement?? been asking some bike shop they do not have the parts??:cry:

Liekly ur tyre is giving u problem. What is the size front and back and when was it last change? Oso could be axle bearing problem. Go find Ah Fook at AMK Ave 3 AMK Industrial Park 2 Blk 5032 #295 and get a good free check.

Guest 5Rul

Ah Pek, regarding tyre i change mine around last year emmm mayb if im not wrong feb or mar 2010. the size should be the same as the stock tyre. during that time i change the stock tyre which is BT05 i think to BT020 which is im using it currently.

btw ah pek what u mean by axle bearing??? is it wheel bearing??. also i just curious regarding the chip off or dent on the top cover of the cone bearing which the mech did during my 1st time changing of the cone bearing does it affect the wobbling too??

Guest 5Rul
Liekly ur tyre is giving u problem. What is the size front and back and when was it last change? Oso could be axle bearing problem. Go find Ah Fook at AMK Ave 3 AMK Industrial Park 2 Blk 5032 #295 and get a good free check.

Ah Pek, regarding tyre i change mine around last year emmm mayb if im not wrong feb or mar 2010. the size should be the same as the stock tyre. during that time i change the stock tyre which is BT05 i think to BT020 which is im using it currently.

btw ah pek what u mean by axle bearing??? is it wheel bearing??. also i just curious regarding the chip off or dent on the top cover of the cone bearing which the mech did during my 1st time changing of the cone bearing does it affect the wobbling too??

No lah..it wont affect the handling as in wobbling. Look for uneven wear and tear on your front tyres. If there is ridges like shape..than that's the cause and it's bekuz of wrong tyre pressure or bad tyre inner rubber compound. Yes..it the same wheel bearings am referring to.

Guest 5Rul
No lah..it wont affect the handling as in wobbling. Look for uneven wear and tear on your front tyres. If there is ridges like shape..than that's the cause and it's bekuz of wrong tyre pressure or bad tyre inner rubber compound. Yes..it the same wheel bearings am referring to.

ok i will check the front tyre for uneven wear and tear, also if there is any ridges like shape. but for tyre pressure i usually pump 250 for the front and 290 for my back cos i everyday tompang people, and can i know what is the correct tyre pressure that i should pump in???

if there is no uneven wear and tear, i try go to the workshop which u said early which is at AMK Ave 3 AMK Industrial Park 2 Blk 5032, and find Ah Fook... hope they can verify the problem and ask them to check my wheel bearings.

I have a question, im riding s4 revo i have this problem for a very long time my handlebar will wobble vigeously when im riding at 65km/hr to 75km/hr when i let go my hand off the handlebar, but when im riding below 65km/hr or above 75km/hr the handlebar will not wobble vigeously. I did alot of things such as fork pressing, handlebar alignment, change balancer and even change alot of time for my cone bearing, but nothing seem to work. Up to now my handlebar still wobble, and i seem abit scared while riding.

Furthermore, during my 1st time changing of cone bearing this mech tighten the top cover of the cone bearing using a "-" screwdriver and it left with a dent and a chip off parts, will this affect the wobbling too?? due to wear and tear. if so where can i get the replacement?? been asking some bike shop they do not have the parts??

hey i encounter what u encounter before. mine was tyres. because i went into a pot hole and suddenly it keep wobbling. when mechanics check it out for me. they show me the flat spot on my front tyre. i hope it help

[Q]

Hi guys,

I need help. I am riding a PB1.

Problems I am facing -

1. My bike gets heated easily. Sometimes its unbearable. Just changed to Engine ice 2 days ago but still the same. Normal coolant or engine ice,

still the same. And it seems that my coolant like so fast finish like that. this has happened for quite some time actually, 6 months back.

2. My front brakes don’t seem to be efficient. I have to squeeze the lever like ¾. Even after squeezing that much, the front brakes don’t seem to be effective. Just changed brake pads front and rear 2 days ago.

3.Just a little bit of info, met with an accident 3 months back. And only last week manage to send for repair. First, send it to a bikeshop at defu lane. I was a regular customer there but haiz, everything turns out not to my expectation. Last thurs, send it to unique, much better. Tailboard all done up, workmanship very good. Spend $599 for everything but then, I experience problem 1 and 2 which is stated above.

in short, whats wrong with the heat and the front brakes ?

Hope to get some help here. Thnks in advance =))

got my bike checked, and there was leaking in all of the hoses connected to the thermostat. previous owner used super glue and some rubber to cover the leak. no wonder every week my coolant all gone.

however, i still feel that my fan is not working. how do i go about with this problem ? or is it my radiator got problem ?

thanks !!

Guest 5Rul
hey i encounter what u encounter before. mine was tyres. because i went into a pot hole and suddenly it keep wobbling. when mechanics check it out for me. they show me the flat spot on my front tyre. i hope it help

ok will try what you did, like wat ah pek said mayb becos of wheel bearing. so now have not yet see that workshop that ah pek told, maybe going end of the month cos now no $$$ liow...

btw if u change tyre what type/brand of tyre u use?? currently im using BT020

ok i will check the front tyre for uneven wear and tear, also if there is any ridges like shape. but for tyre pressure i usually pump 250 for the front and 290 for my back cos i everyday tompang people, and can i know what is the correct tyre pressure that i should pump in???

if there is no uneven wear and tear, i try go to the workshop which u said early which is at AMK Ave 3 AMK Industrial Park 2 Blk 5032, and find Ah Fook... hope they can verify the problem and ask them to check my wheel bearings.

Bro ur tyre pressure shld be good. as I oso pumped these according to the owner manual.

Ya, Look for Ah Fook.

got my bike checked, and there was leaking in all of the hoses connected to the thermostat. previous owner used super glue and some rubber to cover the leak. no wonder every week my coolant all gone.

however, i still feel that my fan is not working. how do i go about with this problem ? or is it my radiator got problem ?

thanks !!

Change ur leaked hoses, u wont want ur engine 'burn', like last time my bro drive his car till coolant dried he dont know, ended pistons, head all gone.

Radiator if no leak, shld be ok. fan no work might be the termostat switch spoiled.

After heat/long run when u stop ur bike did u hear the fan spining sound?? But u must stop ur bike by the engine stop button n keep the key in 'on' position to see the fan work or not after stopping ur bike. thats what I do.

ok will try what you did, like wat ah pek said mayb becos of wheel bearing. so now have not yet see that workshop that ah pek told, maybe going end of the month cos now no $$$ liow...

I thk I'm using the same model of tyre. :)

Riding Since 198+:

Honda C70, Yamaha 100 Sport, Suzuki BEST 110

Suzuki Panther 150, Yamaha 125 Antolo Scramble

YAMAHA LC135 YPVS (Trade in) 1997

YAMAHA RXZ135 (Trade in) 1998

HONDA WAVE 110 (Trade in) 2000

HONDA CBR150 Repsol (Trade in) 2004

HONDA CB400 Super Four Spec 3 Spec III (Trade in) 2010

HONDA CB400X 2014

hey bro. im using m5, good tyres. worth the money bro.

Hi guys, my speedometer from my spec1 just died today... And it's not waking up... The last time I also expirence this problem but after a few knocking on the speedometer it works just fine. Then now problem again.. Knock knock knock also asleep..Where can I do the repair...? any DIY...? I'm just guessing maybe the wire is loose...

[/font]ride safe to ride again......................:thumb:

hey guys..

bonus($$$) =D is coming and i'm thinking of a new paint job for my bike + a new endcan..

does anyone knows where can i find a shop that does great paintwork in less than 2weeks?

and between blue flame & scorpion, which is better? currently mine's a yoshi.

advice pls!! .. =D

TKS!

Guest 5Rul
Bro ur tyre pressure shld be good. as I oso pumped these according to the owner manual.

Ya, Look for Ah Fook.

Change ur leaked hoses, u wont want ur engine 'burn', like last time my bro drive his car till coolant dried he dont know, ended pistons, head all gone.

Radiator if no leak, shld be ok. fan no work might be the termostat switch spoiled.

After heat/long run when u stop ur bike did u hear the fan spining sound?? But u must stop ur bike by the engine stop button n keep the key in 'on' position to see the fan work or not after stopping ur bike. thats what I do.

I thk I'm using the same model of tyre. :)

Btw can i know how much is the axel brearing/wheel brearing cost??