SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

From my experience(or my friends' rather) the common way your helmet gets stolen is for the strap leading up to the rings to be burnt/cut. For a one-use pillion helmet. as usually one would padlock their helmet through the rings.

Yeah may get a padlock and lock the ring to the pillion foot rest. Thks!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/viruskia/536212_10151257302406596_1431384647_n.jpg

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my experience(or my friends' rather) the common way your helmet gets stolen is for the strap leading up to the rings to be burnt/cut. For a one-use pillion helmet. as usually one would padlock their helmet through the rings.

Yeah may get a padlock and lock the ring to the pillion foot rest. Thks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dozed:

"Don't swim with sharks! It's dangerous!"

AEoM dives into shark-infested waters after slicing his wrists.

Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/lacrimosae/Aprilia/siggiecollage.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dozed:

"Don't swim with sharks! It's dangerous!"

AEoM dives into shark-infested waters after slicing his wrists.

Haha juz dun like to carry it around. It's irritating and bulky.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/viruskia/536212_10151257302406596_1431384647_n.jpg

Hahaha, I couldn't be too bothered to stop an eager beaver

When the winds resist my impetus and sights become passing shadows. Every other sound is voided, all but the undeniable roar of my engine.

My physical vision recepts naught, but my mind is tranquil.

I see my inner soul.

Where are you ordering from again? Xxes123

When the winds resist my impetus and sights become passing shadows. Every other sound is voided, all but the undeniable roar of my engine.

I see my inner soul.

Any one interested in ordering Diamond Rear sets? Looking ard $380 each..

Order to be placed next Wed or so....

would really love to order tt chio rear set. but i think i'll get the arrow exhaust first. having prob going up the mscp up slope.

maybe i dun have the right technique yet but my bike totally have no strength going up slope on first gear. sometimes i'll get stuck half way up the slope and the engine juz died. so a couple of sbf peeps says tt the exhaust will add in some pick up to the bike so i've decided to get the exhaust to avoid embarrassment when going up slope in mscp. haha!

maybe i dun have the right technique yet but my bike totally have no strength going up slope on first gear. sometimes i'll get stuck half way up the slope and the engine juz died. so a couple of sbf peeps says tt the exhaust will add in some pick up to the bike so i've decided to get the exhaust to avoid embarrassment when going up slope in mscp. haha!

I'm no expert but I've read (see this for example) that a new pipe will improve top-end power and sacrifice bottom-end, which would make it worse for you since you're looking for a better bottom-end to drag you up slopes. I had problems with slopes as well but am finding them less annoying now - for the most part, I remain in the clutch friction zone while going up slopes. If I feel/hear the bike struggling, I feather the clutch in and out and possibly add in some gas. That'll stop the engine from stalling as well. Seems to work well enough now.

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

would really love to order tt chio rear set. but i think i'll get the arrow exhaust first. having prob going up the mscp up slope.

I used to had this problem too. its your tuning bro.

I'm no expert but I've read (see this for example) that a new pipe will improve top-end power and sacrifice bottom-end, which would make it worse for you since you're looking for a better bottom-end to drag you up slopes. I had problems with slopes as well but am finding them less annoying now - for the most part, I remain in the clutch friction zone while going up slopes. If I feel/hear the bike struggling, I feather the clutch in and out and possibly add in some gas. That'll stop the engine from stalling as well. Seems to work well enough now.

Same way I do it, my bike responds well even when moving off a steep slope, keep the clutch in the biting zone. Never tried stock pipe before but I highly doubt thats your main problem

I see my inner soul.

I used to had this problem too. its your tuning bro.

I Juz did tuning recently but still no responds for pick up. If changing exhaust doesnt helps w the pickup then I doubt I'll change already :/

I Juz did tuning recently but still no responds for pick up. If changing exhaust doesnt helps w the pickup then I doubt I'll change already :/

You should learn abit if your carb. Read up more. The fuel and air ratio must be rite. As I mention before, I got a same problem before and ever after tune by mechanic, the problem still persist. Are You using still using the OEM carb?

Have you tried holding the clutch at it's biting and revving harder? Do not throw clutch or even release it slowly just hold it there. I had your problem until I figured that out myself

I see my inner soul.

You should learn abit if your carb. Read up more. The fuel and air ratio must be rite. As I mention before, I got a same problem before and ever after tune by mechanic, the problem still persist. Are You using still using the OEM carb?

Wanted to mention that as well, the mechanic usually tunes them to a common ratio but bike to bike varies. Usually you have to fine tune it yourself.

On topic: what's the Milage difference between the OEM 28mm against the 32mm?

I see my inner soul.

I'm not sure. It's the stock carb. I guess I'll bring my bike to a mech who specially does our bike. I have to find this mech first. Haha! Meanwhile I'll try the technic u guys mention, holding on the biting point instead of slowly releasing.

Thks guys, really appreciate it.

I'm not sure. It's the stock carb. I guess I'll bring my bike to a mech who specially does our bike. I have to find this mech first. Haha! Meanwhile I'll try the technic u guys mention, holding on the biting point instead of slowly releasing.

Believe tuning has got to do with trial and error as well, diy yourself is best. There are some guidelines to tuning which you can find online as well.

I see my inner soul.

Bro, to save your time. No mech will be specialized on your bike. They don't ride your bike. Only you know your bike the best! Thats only 2 screws you can play with.

If you are still using Stock carb, the bigger screw is to adjust the idling speed(which allow more or less air in). The another one, the smaller one, which you need to adjust using a screwdriver, that adjust the fuel in. Collect a screwdrive with you and adjust yourself. Do a 1/4 turn at a time.

Happy tuning!!!

Wanted to mention that as well, the mechanic usually tunes them to a common ratio but bike to bike varies. Usually you have to fine tune it yourself.

On topic: what's the Milage difference between the OEM 28mm against the 32mm?

i believe you meant 34mm.

its only a difference of 3-5litres. however, better mileage can be achieved through tuning.

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

With the current forum structure, I can't see this changing anytime soon. What we need is an Aprilia RS125 folder in which we have stickies on the usual n00b enquiries, and dedicated threads on specific topics, as opposed to a single thread for everything RS125 under the sun. If the forum itself lacks some form of organization, it can hardly be surprising that the posts lack organization.

The frustrations don't only lie with the seasoned posters, lacrimosae. N00bs like me are just as frustrated at not being able to extract the information they need without trawling through hundreds of posts from years ago, which are themselves just as disorganized and generally full of drivel as the ones being posted today. Having said that, I have no sympathy for the lazy n00b who does f-ck all searching or research before posting the usual trivial nonsense (I especially hate the question "how much will my insurance be" - FFS call the insurance agency and find out).

Excellent excellent post! I firmly agree with you mate.

It is fustrating for regular forumers to post the same thing over and over again. That's why usually I dont bother unless i feel like it. :)

BUt you bring up a very valid point. Stickies and dedicated threads to specific topics were something we had the the old ARC forum.

I'm more than willing to chip a nominal sum to get that forum running again. Let's see who else is interested.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

Alot of confusion regarding the Arrow exhaust. Let me try to enlighten the masses.

Firstly, there are 2 different types. One with the carbon kevlar endcan, the other with the titanium endcan.(looks similar to 06 models onwards).

The belly/expansion chamber is the SAME!.

So powerwise there shld be minimal or no difference.

And both types can be used on all models of RS125. Doesnt matter what year. Same damn thing. I recently helped a friend secure the titanium endcan variant for his 02 model RS125.

Regarding legality issues, the Arrow exhaust is not deemed street legal unless you have the necessary cert, paperwork etc. from Biketec21(Arrow distributor in SG) and go for inspection. So even buying the exhaust online and fooling the TP who doesnt check your paperwork doesnt help if you go for inspection. You're dead there. Unless of course you bought a brandnew bike and dont have to go inspection for the 1st 3 years, the sap who buys the bike from you will suffer. In any case, everyday is not a sunday. So it's how lucky you are. Sure you get to save 300bucks atleast if you buy it online, but i rather pay and have a peace of mind. I'm riding the 98 model, yearly inspections are a must.

Lastly, the Arrow exhaust does improve performance especially top end. Bike will feel lighter, more powerful, better acceleration etc. But you dont enjoy these benefits if you go to a mech who knows nuts about tuning the RS125. It's not just about fiddling with the air/fuel ratio screw. It's about changing your main jets, pilot jets, needle position etc. Read up on this, and you'll be able to advise your mech on what you want.

I've been seeing alot of talk about tuning and lousy low end. A common fault that brand new bikes have is that the float in the 28mm carb spoils easily. This leads to alot of tuning issues. So ask your mech to check this out if you're riding a new bike. If it's spoil, go to Mah and get it replaced for free if you still have your warranty. The only 2 workshops i would recommend are 37 Motoring and Teck Thye. The rest of the popular workshops might be good for class2A, class2 bikes, but they know nuts about the RS125. So dont think that H*L, Racecrapz* or even M*h know your bike. They dont! Been there, seen the lousy work, ridden their pathetic attempts, and never ever even think of sending my own bike there. Simple as that.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

i believe you meant 34mm.

its only a difference of 3-5litres. however, better mileage can be achieved through tuning.

That's 3-5 litres per ??? Hmmm I'll read up more on tuning, appreciate any tips or useful sources.

I see my inner soul.