SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did a calculation for FC over this trip...

distance traveled on trip-meter = 636.2km

from GP Esso (N) to Port Dickson and back to GP Shell (S)

petrol spent = round up to Rm73 @RM2.5/L = 29.2L

FC = 636.2/29.2 = 21.8km/L

~ about 6.5k rpm on the way up

~ about 8k rpm on the way back... trying to catch the other 2 ahead :lol:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

here's something for those who wanna nosebleed

each chalet has their own pool for 鸳鸯戏水 ... guess what happens next in the pool :p

DSCN0082.jpg

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Scooby, when the petrol indicator hit the last mark, how many more litre will that be? when will the reserve be utilise..?

btw, nice place that u all have visited yestd. thinking of going there on march school holidays... :-)

Ride Responsibly. Stay Alive, Stay Out Of Trouble.

2006-2008: Bajaj 180

2008-2011: GSR 400

2011-Next Upgrade: SW400T

Next Upgrade: ST1300 :)

The greatest sin of riding is not being seen.

Wrong post

Edited by Atlantic 200

History: Phantom, Atlantic 200, Phantom, Vara125 FI, TranAIP 400, Super4 (version s), Fazer6 S2, Advia 200, Silverwing 400 JDM 04, Silverwing 400 Euro 08, MaxSYM 400i, VFR1200FD DCT, NC700X, BMW C650GT, Fazer6 S1, BMW R1200GS LC, Majesty S XC155, BMW R1200RT(LC)

Present: BMW C650GT, Majesty S XC155

double post again

History: Phantom, Atlantic 200, Phantom, Vara125 FI, TranAIP 400, Super4 (version s), Fazer6 S2, Advia 200, Silverwing 400 JDM 04, Silverwing 400 Euro 08, MaxSYM 400i, VFR1200FD DCT, NC700X, BMW C650GT, Fazer6 S1, BMW R1200GS LC, Majesty S XC155, BMW R1200RT(LC)

yup... we're back from the 2D1N Port Dickson eat-till-peng trip :p

makan itinerary:

* breakfast at Perling: Firenance joined us for breakfast then dunno zoom off to where liow. penang char kuay tiow, wan-ton noodles, century egg porridge, etc.

* lunch at Seremban: you-kou-fu 有口福 bakut teh

* dinner at Chardin Sea View Seafood Village: boston lobster, abalone, deer meat, vege, etc.

* after dinner desert at Legend: ice cream

* breakfast at Legend: late & heavy for the trip

* late lunch/diner at Bukit Indah: Sushi King

* extras at GP R&R: satay & teh tarik/halia

home sweet home... need to go burn some calories liow :lol:

i go back sg lor. u too fast infront la. :lol:

i wave byebye to 青蜂侠 liao. :angel:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Present :thumb: --> Yamaha Tmax 530 Iron Max, Perodua Viva 1.0L

i replied based on my own experience below in dark red color wordings. :angel:

Hi guys, I've been reading up abit on the bike and am interested to know more. Here are some of my queries..

1) FC: i know it depends on rider, but what is the average or the range? Eg: 20-24km/l

i'm travelling 80% congested traffic condition, 20% normal, including highway ~ avg 21+km/L

2) OTR price

16~17k, depending on COE at the time of your purchase & your insurance. better check with bikeshop

3) How is the maintenance like?

not bad. u can check on the silverwing's tech corner.

4) Is it a reliable bike?

yes if u do regular maintenance, cleaning & checking. again, check out the tech corner. upz for honda! :lol:

5) Handling: Cornering, it is a heavy bike, how's the cornering like? Is it difficult to weave through traffic? as the route from my home to work is frequently congested.

cornering? seek advise from sw9000. i'm still learning to bend lower now & then. :angel:

wana squeeze in between the cars? depends on the space given. its no way better than a kup kia but easier then a phantom. still, its all down to individual. i dun have much prob with dat now. i dun use highway at all for going to & fro office.

I'm using the bike mainly for transport, riding from east to west to work, and going out on weekends, plan to do some light travelling in m'sia as well. My other considerations are tmax 500 and super4 revo. I plan to buy 1st hand.

personally, i prefer sw over tmax & s4 for comfort & storage space.

My main concerns are: good FC, low maintenance and reliability.

and 1 more impt thing to take note is dat, u have to at least like the bike. no point getting a sw if u dun like its design or watever. u can come for our meetup on thursday nite if u have the time. u can find out more from our laojiaos here. :deal:

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Ahhhh....... I make another booking on it again (2D1N) but this round is The Legend International Water Homes. Stay at Garden-Pool-Villa.... come with private swimming pool with garden, 2 King size bed.... for 4 persons :)

Date: 22 April 2011 (Good Friday) :)

Ex-kaki join me again :)

wa seh. fast leg fast hand ar. :lol:

u seems to hook on my wife's hometown leh... :angel:

HISS ppl still can unlock your bike and push it away or steal your bike parts. Having an alarm is the first deterrance to theft of parts as well.

@ titaniclexus: yup. HISS is only consider as an immobilizer. without your key, with the chips in it, to insert into the ignition, u can unlock the handle bar, on it, but cant start it. its not a bad idea to invest in an alarm system if u feel insecure.

attempt to clean the K&N air filter myself. after spraying the cleaning agent, i rinsed the filter in my bathroom. now the bathroom floor oily and pink. must clean bathroom now :( . basket

how much u bought the kit? below $30? to clean the floor in your bathroom, its quite easy. pour boiling hot water onto the floor, flush the floor with some water, then u can clean with your normal floor detergent. done! :angel:

I meant shitty due to bird droppings. :lol:

eh... bring it to the washing bay, insert 20cents or cashcard, blast it with the water. :angel:

dun use washing machine hor. :lol:

Scooby, when the petrol indicator hit the last mark, how many more litre will that be? when will the reserve be utilise..?

according to the manual, the SW's reserve is 4L. how far more you can ride with reserve depends on your FC which depends on factors such as bike setup, riding pattern, wrist power, etc.

~

Trips:

Water chalet i went b4 liao.... not bad quite a good plc for leisure..... i like the room very much, two king size bed near tv another one near window for view, the bathtub oso si bei hor can 鸳鸯戏水 too :) ... stay at the highest floor room previous, can c the whole view for the chalet.

The Legend International Water is jus beside but tat one is quite expensive leh... i oso use my camera capture their private pool previously but tat time no ppl staying.... haha....

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

Ahhhh....... I make another booking on it again (2D1N) but this round is The Legend International Water Homes. Stay at Garden-Pool-Villa.... come with private swimming pool with garden, 2 King size bed.... for 4 persons :)

Date: 22 April 2011 (Good Friday) :)

Ex-kaki join me again :)

Back to SG from Koh Samui trip on 17 April and you want Malaysia chalet from 22 Apr?

Me... very difficult to beg for visa liao.

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

Water chalet i went b4 liao.... not bad quite a good plc for leisure..... i like the room very much, two king size bed near tv another one near window for view, the bathtub oso si bei hor can 鸳鸯戏水 too :) ... stay at the highest floor room previous, can c the whole view for the chalet.

The Legend International Water is jus beside but tat one is quite expensive leh... i oso use my camera capture their private pool previously but tat time no ppl staying.... haha....

Confirmed the water not sticky?

@ titaniclexus: yup. HISS is only consider as an immobilizer. without your key, with the chips in it, to insert into the ignition, u can unlock the handle bar, on it, but cant start it. its not a bad idea to invest in an alarm system if u feel insecure.

Ya... feel to install cos the price seem quite cheap now..... but hor tink n tink... my bike is not new like SWT, your din install oso mah... then better save my $$$ to do other stuff.... haven re-wrap my seat yet... dunno now they got time to entertain me liao mah... your seat de backrest done liao izzit? how long? you got it back b4 CNY bo?

Edited by TitanicLexus

N/A (Current)

Confirmed the water not sticky?

LOL... the Water chalet should not sticky but hor The Legend International private pool will hard to say le....:p

Edited by TitanicLexus

N/A (Current)

anyone know where i can make a spare key??

Go FJT buy spare key ($30), cut it ($4 or less) and get 'big' bikeshop to program for you ($10 or much more).

Go FJT buy spare key ($30), cut it ($4 or less) and get 'big' bikeshop to program for you ($10 or much more).

I feel to do a simple spare key, no need for programing one... want to keep one spare key to open the left compartment and under seat which I no need to off my bike every time when i need smtg.. any idea where can do it? I do asked few key maker b4, they don't have the honda key sample.... :sian:

N/A (Current)

I feel to do a simple spare key, no need for programing one... want to keep one spare key to open the left compartment and under seat which I no need to off my bike every time when i need smtg.. any idea where can do it? I do asked few key maker b4, they don't have the honda key sample.... :sian:

if u only want a key w/o program maybe u can get from LOOIS or FJT then to MISTER MINIT to chop it.. if u want to program u can go straight to LOOIS they have the new key for ur model, but better to call 1st, hehehee....

but u dun want to off ur engine n open ur seat u can go ah choong to do a electric push button switch to open ur underseat only when ur SW is on..

Edited by Wooolala

For every Minute you are angry.. :angry:

U lose 60 seconds of happiness.. :cheeky:

2007 - 2010 Aprillia Sportcity 200

2010 - 2012 Honda SW-T400 TYPE RR

confirmed... lets meet at GP Esso, 8.30am tomorrow morning :clap:

anyone wanna meet us for breakfast ride to Perling?

Fusionjaz, ai lai mai? Perling koon koon nia leh :p

alamak.... i missed that... =( didnt online for these 2 days....

For every Minute you are angry.. :angry:

U lose 60 seconds of happiness.. :cheeky:

2007 - 2010 Aprillia Sportcity 200

2010 - 2012 Honda SW-T400 TYPE RR

Feel abit itchy to get the alarm install too... but SW already build in HISS liao, then change my mind not to do it bah... save money to upgrade other stuff better.. :lol:

Next project - seat re-wrap... :bouncefire:

most of us didn't install alarm... a lot depends on what you expect to get out of the alarm system, same questions i asked when i newly got my SW :p

common features of a "better" 2-way alarm:

* proximity sensor... not so practical when parking at congested public parkings (HDB, shopping/office buildings, etc) can set lower sensitivity but defeats the purpose. imagine old auntie come check for parking coupon at night and whola, she kenna heart attack and you kenna wake up.

* vibration sensor... depending on where you mount the sensor, may get false alarms due to parking at congested lots where "contact" is common, sometimes pp just put their barang barang or helmet on our seat when getting own bike ready. and dun forget the ever so friendly cats that loves our bike.

* tilt sensor... probably the most useful function, in case pp mess around or drop your bike.

* immobilizer... SW already has HISS.

* sound siren & light indicator... blardy nuisance and drains your battery if run overnight without owner realising alarm is activated (e.g. alarm goes off when watching a movie in the cinema, no reception on 2-way). dun be surprise that pp scratch your bike to vent frustrations.

* bike finder sound... maybe useful if you tends to forget where you park. really need this?

* 2-way signal with silent alarm mode... depends on the signal "power", may not get signal at home or workplace or when shopping, etc.

* remote engine starter... with HISS, cannot use unless mod to bypass HISS; strongly NOT recommended as many pp say may damage ECU; definitely void warranty.

other considerations:

* unlike S4, SW is not a popular bike for bike theft cos very low demand for its parts; heard there're only abt 5 or 6 SW in boleh-land and which they're bought/serviced in singapore. a mech from KL ever told me that other than generic repairs/parts (e.g. batt), it is almost impossible to repair the SW if it breaks down in boleh-land, no parts/tools and no expertise, better to tow back unless we know exactly what to do. SW community in singapore is also relatively very small.

* although bolt cutters & electric cutters can do the job, thick motorcycle chains and disc locks may be still be useful to deter theft. you'ld probably still need them even with the alarm fitted.

* disc locks with alarm are available; LAB is selling a china type for only about $25, see earlier posts.

with those considerations, now you know why most of us didn't install an alarm? :smile:

Edited by scoobydoo

~

Trips:

Wrong post

Edited by Atlantic 200

U want simple key without immobilizer most shops have it. I did mine for $7 beside regina shop.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.